PS4 DriveClub

Remove this Banner Ad

They seem to be more critical then positive these days. Not even IGN were that harsh. IGN gave it a 7.9.

Hmm it certainly seems that way sadly, I used to use them for reviews all the time in the PS2/Gamecube/Xbox era.
Driveclub does seem to be getting average scores across the board, still I'm sure it will be a decent racer for PS4 owners.
Gran Turismo is still the king of racers on PS though.

80% of reviews scored 70 or higher. Of these, 54% were 80 or higher.

Of the 20% of reviews scoring below 70, roughly 50% scored above 60.

While they are not amazing numbers, i think people are over exaggerating the bad ones. the guys that did the DF tests said the reviewer must not of had as much fun as they did playing. but all reviews are is opinions.

Sure Evo had some issues hence the delays and there are stuff they are still perfecting like weather. but what they have done so far is stunning. Its a different game to Forza or GT so i dont know why they are being compared.

i think when the free PS+ version comes out it will win a lot of people over. and people should watch the live streams on twitch and gameplay on Youtube to decide if they would like it. Because reviews are just opinions

At gamescom they said weather will be delayed till December.

Must not have said it too loudly - this is the video I was thinking of and its from gamescom, back half is all spruiking the weather effects but no mention of it being delayed till December.

The weather thing has been known for ages now. I'd be very surprised if Kanga didn't know this already considering he's a regular on the games board, so part of me think that he's fishing.

Can't speak for Kanga but I had no idea and I'd say I pay more attention than a 'casual gamer', fairly regular on this board.

Not that I really care that much, just think (and still do) that the omission is worth mentioning. Got PS+ so I'll download the cut-down version when it becomes available and decide for myself.

Just thought I would mention I had no idea the weather features were being delayed.
I haven't been following PS4 stuff that closely since I don't own one yet.
I was genuinely surprised, especially since it was already delayed for a year.

They seem to be more critical then positive these days. Not even IGN were that harsh. IGN gave it a 7.9.

I've actually loved the way Gamespot reviews have been lately, simply honest and unafraid to give lower scores. Mediocre games shouldn't receive 7.5s. An 8.0 should be reserved for great games.

While they are not amazing numbers, i think people are over exaggerating the bad ones. the guys that did the DF tests said the reviewer must not of had as much fun as they did playing. but all reviews are is opinions.

Sure Evo had some issues hence the delays and there are stuff they are still perfecting like weather. but what they have done so far is stunning. Its a different game to Forza or GT so i dont know why they are being compared.

i think when the free PS+ version comes out it will win a lot of people over. and people should watch the live streams on twitch and gameplay on Youtube to decide if they would like it. Because reviews are just opinions

I've also seen reviews giving it very good scores. So yeah just opinion based.

I bet it's getting marked down due to being a closed circuit racer and not open world. I did start reading one that marked it down due to only having European cars o_O, i prefer to watch gameplay vids and make my own judgement over reading someones opinion. From what I've watched, Gamespots 5/10 is laughable.

I'm happy to play the PS+ freebie version, apparently you can earn the platinum just through playing that. Limited to 6 man clubs, weather needing to be patched in later despite numerous delays, Sony wanting me to fork out for a new wheel instead of supporting existing wheels and now this mess of an online system are all things that have turned me off paying for it anyway, I'll grab Forza Horizon 2 instead.

Update on the server issues

http://au.ign.com/articles/2014/10/09/driveclub-servers-online-but-wont-connect-new-players

We'll have more info for you later today (Thursday) so please bear with us while we work through this. In case you don't already know, the servers are up and running but they are hitting their performance limits, so they won't accept new connections until one of the current online players frees up their space (allowing another to join in their place, which happens automatically and player selection is random).

If and when you get online, you should not have any connectivity issues during the remainder of your session. When you finish and disconnect, you'll free up a space for someone else. This is obviously not ideal, especially given that there are a lot of players waiting to connect, but that's how it's working right now.

Sony forgot to fork out some of that PS+ money for servers. Pretty pathetic considering the game was going to be made available to millions on PS+, they weren't prepared at all.

Sony really dropping the ball with their first party stuff so far, if it's not mediocre games, its a host of issues plaguing them.

Game spots review though isn't all that different from a lot of them though, just the score. Same with Jeff on GB, they simply find the actual driving side of the game to be lacking.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

MS is shitting all over Sony when it comes to maintaining servers/OS Updates and things like that.
Not good enough considering many people probably renewed PS Plus hoping to try Driveclub.
Of course everyone has an opinion, but I think MS offer much better exclusives so far as well.
Nothing on the console that I desperately want, might wait until 2016 to get one when Uncharted is out.

MS is shitting all over Sony when it comes to maintaining servers/OS Updates and things like that.
Not good enough considering many people probably renewed PS Plus hoping to try Driveclub.
Of course everyone has an opinion, but I think MS offer much better exclusives so far as well.
Nothing on the console that I desperately want, might wait until 2016 to get one when Uncharted is out.

Neither offer any "must buy this console now" exclusives at the moment.

In the past couple of months, my X1 has only been used to play the Forza Horizon 2 demo and if it wasn't for multiplats, my PS4 would be the same. Nintendo is demolishing Sony and MS with quality exclusives, not even close.

Both have been disappointing so far but we're only a year in.

Edit: Actually forgot about The Last Of Us Remastered. Probably the best exclusive out on either console at the moment, a must buy for anyone who switched from 360 to PS4 and missed out on the best game from last gen.

Mate we get it. You don't have a ******* ps4

Na, i think he wants to keep shitting all over any first parts sony game that the reviewers dont give 10's to. and act all high and mighty like there was, and never will be server issues with the Xbone.

In the past couple of months, my X1 has only been used to play the Forza Horizon 2 demo and if it wasn't for multiplats, my PS4 would be the same. Nintendo is demolishing Sony and MS with quality exclusives, not even close.

Edit: Actually forgot about The Last Of Us Remastered. Probably the best exclusive out on either console at the moment, a must buy for anyone who switched from 360 to PS4 and missed out on the best game from last gen.

I think this sums up the state of play right now. If you have one of PS4 or XBONE you really don't need the other for a while.

I think most people who bought one of them are happy with their purchase, whether it is for Forza or TLOU or whatever. Throw in the multiplats which are carrying the load on both. Next year is when the real heavy hitters are coming. New Uncharted & Halo along with a bunch of new IP for both.

But more to the point. The only person who cares which console someone does or doesn't own is that person themselves.

No one needs to be stomping around from thread to thread trying to validate their purchase for the masses. I don't care whether it is a PS4, ONE, Wii or god damn OUYA!

But more to the point. The only person who cares which console someone does or doesn't own is that person themselves.

No one needs to be stomping around from thread to thread trying to validate their purchase for the masses. I don't care whether it is a PS4, ONE, Wii or god damn OUYA!

There is no way to validate the purchase of an OUYA, let's be real. :p

I'm looking forward to trying this out, I've noticed a lot of comments on other sites that say it plays similar to Project Gotham Racing games, if that is true I'll be happy to fork out for it. I also find it interesting in regards to the disparity in numbers for review scores; I think if the reviewer has a real love of racing games the score might be higher, for example I believe it was Game Radar that gave it a 4/5, the bloke who reviewed it is a car nut and does all their racing reviews. He loved it, and although he mentioned similar things as the negative reviews he appreciated the fact it was NOT an open world racer among other things.

I am more inclined to trust the thoughts of my friends and fellow gamers (aussiedude for example) than some jaded old RPG fanatic reviewing racing games.

Lastly, I can't help but chuckle at the hypocrisy of gamers sometimes, more specifically fanboys, that have the worst memories; FIFA15, Titanfall, Sim City, Diabl 3, etc etc and how many others have had server issues on LAUNCH DAY FFS and often for days after launch. I'm sure we as a species have retained some sort of patience trait.

Last edited:

Already played TLoU on PS3 so not in big hurry for the remaster.
I've been happy with XB1 exclusives so far.
Still got Halo, Sunset Overdrive & Ori this holiday.
2015 there is Quantum Break, Halo 5, Fable, Scalebound, Crackdown, etc.

Anyway i better stop all the cool kids have PS4s

Remove this Banner Ad

PS4 DriveClub

Remove this Banner Ad

Back