DT Forwards 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Moving aside from the red vest, after Robbie Gray doing what Robbie Gray does, does anybody have any suggestions for a forward around the 400K mark, maybe a little higher.

I'm almost leaning towards Shaun Higgins after saying never again, somebody please give me some better advice

I'm sticking with gray, should be back next week.

Where is this magical list?

Compiled by the AFL Prospectus.

For the record, the most red-vested players:

Gorringe, H Taylor, Ziebell, Retzlaff (4)
Schulz, Sewell, N Krakouer, Lower, Renouf, B Reid, Surjan, Rodan, Bewick, Jamison, Darling (3)

Impossible to predict - and as I said before over one third of all subs (131/374) were for injury reasons.

Not that this discussion should take place in the DT Forwards thread, but meh.

Compiled by the AFL Prospectus.

For the record, the most red-vested players:

Gorringe, H Taylor, Ziebell, Retzlaff (4)
Schulz, Sewell, N Krakouer, Lower, Renouf, B Reid, Surjan, Rodan, Bewick, Jamison, Darling (3)

Impossible to predict - and as I said before over one third of all subs (131/374) were for injury reasons.

Not that this discussion should take place in the DT Forwards thread, but meh.

What about the most green vest subbed players, surely that has to come into attention as well?

Those players were mainly subbed for injury i guess.

What about the most green vest subbed players, surely that has to come into attention as well?

Those players were mainly subbed for injury i guess.

I already pointed it out to you. We had a bit of an argument over your criteria. Do you really want to go back over it especially since it is off-topic?

I already pointed it out to you. We had a bit of an argument over your criteria. Do you really want to go back over it especially since it is off-topic?

All i wanted is list for the greens vest, not the red vest. You gave me a few names.

As you said for the red vest 131/374 are due to injury. Which is a fair 35% proportion. However 65% happen for other reasons would be interested to also see what those players were.

Anyway for some reason you dont think Rohan, Jetta, Colyer, Christensen, Breust are small forwards that go into the midfield. What im saying is they are rarely stars, backs or ruckmen or key forwards. That leaves one other player in the modern game.

Bullshit.

The most green-vested players last year (Breust, Christensen and Gaff) were all non-mature age recruits. They're not midfielder/forwards with some X factor.

Armfield, B Smith, Speight and Jetta got the vest five times - none of them fit those criteria either. None of them were mature age debutants either.

Then you have Roberton, L Anthony, C Garlett, Everitt, Masten, Webberley etc all with 4. How many of them fit your criteria?

It tends to be the fringe players (which players like Armfield were in 2011) that get the vest.

Dickson may indeed get vested because he is certainly not a guaranteed first 21 for the season, but this will be more on the coach's preference rather than any of the misleading information you always come up with.

My previous post. For the record, Breust, Christensen and Gaff each got the green vest six times. There are a whole plethora of players with 4, I just picked out five.

You can interpret it however you wish.

You can also have it on the record that Dickson is a chance for the vest, but that is because he is fringe and not because he is a mature age midfielder/forward with X factor.

My previous post. For the record, Breust, Christensen and Gaff each got the green vest six times. There are a whole plethora of players with 4, I just picked out five.

You can interpret it however you wish.

You can also have it on the record that Dickson is a chance for the vest, but that is because he is fringe and not because he is a mature age midfielder/forward with X factor.

Okay so a fringe ruckman like McCaulay or J.Roughead for the dogs would be a chance to get the best?

Okay so a fringe ruckman like McCaulay or J.Roughead for the dogs would be a chance to get the best?

Are you purposefully obtuse? Wait it's DWD, I should have known better.

Tom Lynch got given the green vest today I noticed. Is he a midfielder/forward with X factor?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are you purposefully obtuse? Wait it's DWD, I should have known better.

Tom Lynch got given the green vest today I noticed. Is he a midfielder/forward with X factor?

Not saying its 100% have i ever?

McCaulay surely is a fringe player isnt he?

Bate, Sheldon, Conca, Seedsman, Gunston also all got the vest.

Not saying its 100% have i ever?

McCaulay surely is a fringe player isnt he?

Bate, Sheldon, Conca, Seedsman, Gunston also all got the vest.

McCauley was back-up ruck. Conca is more of a back/mid, Seedsman didn't spend time up front.

But whatever floats your boat - I won't argue that your Jettas and Christensens (probably who you had in mind when you made those comments) attracted the green vest more often than most last year, but that is also largely due in part to them not cementing first 21 positions.

In my club's example, Gaff got the vest six times early in 2012, simply because he was still young and developing and not yet first 21. He then got a stint in the WAFL, and was never green vested after that.

And as we all know, prediction is just that - prediction. You never know with even 50%+ certainty that a player will be sub.

Remove this Banner Ad

DT Forwards 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Back