Dustin Martin tells Richmunt to GAGF

Remove this Banner Ad

So Gold Coast want a player way past his prime who is going to be injured more often than not now. Seems a bit counterintuitive considering they have a heap of young talent in their academy.

Doesn't owe us anything. We got the best years and 3 premierships. Happy either way

Correct

And I haven't updated the counter in years so the counter is out of date.
That's amazing, (in a bad way)
Quick maths tells me it would take around a year and a half to watch all that footy if you watched 12 hours a day. Almost 500 days of most of your waking life watching grand final replays.
Do you have a job?

So Gold Coast want a player way past his prime who is going to be injured more often than not now. Seems a bit counterintuitive considering they have a heap of young talent in their academy.

Doesn't owe us anything. We got the best years and 3 premierships. Happy either way

Well, that's the thing - they don't need his talent. They probably just want him for 'experience' and marketing dollars and to get him out of the footy bubble.

That's amazing, (in a bad way)
Quick maths tells me it would take around a year and a half to watch all that footy if you watched 12 hours a day. Almost 500 days of most of your waking life watching grand final replays.
Do you have a job?

I am employed :)
It's pretty easy to rack up the viewings, something I started in full force with the 2014 grand final (watched it live, then 3 more times after that).

I watched the 2008 grand final once a day, for a few while when the dvd came out.

Well, that's the thing - they don't need his talent. They probably just want him for 'experience' and marketing dollars and to get him out of the footy bubble.
Maybe he's going there to rub Dimmas back?

Speaking of backs how many clicks have these nobody ex footballers/faux reporters gained by riding Dusty's back, he's been moving clubs since 2017?

Maybe he's going there to rub Dimmas back?

Speaking of backs how many clicks have these nobody ex footballers/faux reporters gained by riding Dusty's back, he's been moving clubs since 2017?

That's a really excellent question. The insatiable footy media news cycle has a lot to answer for!

Maybe he's there to be a gold coast meter maid?

I am employed :)
It's pretty easy to rack up the viewings, something I started in full force with the 2014 grand final (watched it live, then 3 more times after that).

I watched the 2008 grand final once a day, for a few while when the dvd came out.
OK so that brings down your daily viewing hours. Lets say you sleep and work for 16 hours a day you're left with 8 hours a day that you could spend watching grand final replays.
So if that's all you did outside sleeping and working it would take you around 700 days (if you cut out the half time breaks etc).
Now I assume that's not the only thing you do every waking hour outside of work?

Whatever way this is spun it's #concerning

OK so that brings down your daily viewing hours. Lets say you sleep and work for 16 hours a day you're left with 8 hours a day that you could spend watching grand final replays.
So if that's all you did outside sleeping and working it would take you around 700 days (if you cut out the half time breaks etc).
Now I assume that's not the only thing you do every waking hour outside of work?

Whatever way this is spun it's #concerning

People said the same about my gaming habits (when my playstation, xbox, pc and Nintendo switch game time was added up at the end of the year lol!!).

It's more of a case of having (on average) 2-3 hours of free time in the morning. Then anywhere between 6-8 hours in the evening. Sometimes I game, sometimes I marathon movies or tv series (6 episodes (or more) of a show that goes for 38-39 minutes is under 4 hours). And it's not the only thing I do day in day out.

Sometimes I watch grand finals or other random matches (As I have done on recent Friday or Saturday nights when the scheduled 2024 match is between dull teams).

Using the 2014 grand final as an example, I basically watched it 8 times within 48 hours. So if you want to add it up that's about 28 hours worth of those 48 ;). My pattern was essentially 2-3 viewings a day after that, eventually whittling the time down somewhat (starting from the opening siren, to the grand final trophy presentation) reduced the time as well.

People said the same about my gaming habits (when my playstation, xbox, pc and Nintendo switch game time was added up at the end of the year lol!!).

It's more of a case of having (on average) 2-3 hours of free time in the morning. Then anywhere between 6-8 hours in the evening. Sometimes I game, sometimes I marathon movies or tv series (6 episodes (or more) of a show that goes for 38-39 minutes is under 4 hours). And it's not the only thing I do day in day out.

Sometimes I watch grand finals or other random matches (As I have done on recent Friday or Saturday nights when the scheduled 2024 match is between dull teams).

Using the 2014 grand final as an example, I basically watched it 8 times within 48 hours. So if you want to add it up that's about 28 hours worth of those 48 ;). My pattern was essentially 2-3 viewings a day after that, eventually whittling the time down somewhat (starting from the opening siren, to the grand final trophy presentation) reduced the time as well.

Nice melt :$

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks for the details, now seek help.
Are you diabetic?

Seek help for what exactly ?

And no I'm not diabetic, what could possibly give you that impression ?

Now that I'm up I might watch a match again ;)
watching that much TV can't be healthy for your body or your brain, what does your family think of you wasting all your spare time watching footy replays? Do you interact with them?

watching that much TV can't be healthy for your body or your brain, what does your family think of you wasting all your spare time watching footy replays? Do you interact with them?

I don't need to be psychoanalysed by an internet random

I'm actually pretty healthy for my age (height/weight).

And I'm far from wasting time on that "sole" activity, social and public life are just as enticing as chilling out watching some footy ;). Go hound those that actually gamble their life away 24/7 ;)

I don't need to be psychoanalysed by an internet random

I'm actually pretty healthy for my age (height/weight).

And I'm far from wasting time on that "sole" activity, social and public life are just as enticing as chilling out watching some footy ;). Go hound those that actually gamble their life away 24/7 ;)
Nah it's all good mate, you do whatever you like. I'm 99% sure you haven't watched those games anywhere near that number of times anyway. You seem to have all your faculties intact and only someone NQR could watch the same game of footyball over and over 1500 times.

Nah it's all good mate, you do whatever you like. I'm 99% sure you haven't watched those games anywhere near that number of times anyway. You seem to have all your faculties intact and only someone NQR could watch the same game of footyball over and over 1500 times.

I actually have watched those matches that many times, as I've said I stopped the counter years ago - have watched each one (save for 22) many times since :).

Why not ?
1- If you love watching GF replays there's alot more than the 8 games you watch hundreds/thousands of times.
2- You would be the world record holder for watching a single game on probably 4 of those 8 games
3- It's Extreme and worrying behaviour
4- Fixation is not healthy
5- Obsessive behaviour
6- you might be doing it to numb your thoughts, seeking professional help is a better solution
7- LOL

Remove this Banner Ad

Back