Dyl and Friends Podcast

Remove this Banner Ad

They all run their race.
Particularly when they drift off from what makes them popular.

Plus. There’s only so many mindfulness coaches you can hear in a period of time
Even though there mates i think The Howie Games has eaten into Dyl's niche of sports guests and obviously has a much higher production/ access to guests.

Think he could benefit from refreshing the format too, purely listening to their life storey is a bit of the same same, add some spice into it.

He seems to have no interest in footy any more, and it's safe to assume that most of his listeners found his podcast because they wanted to hear footy-related interviews.
Seems to have lost a bit of interest across the board. Got called out by Gorringe on List Cloggers for being on his phone during a recent pod and you can clearly tell.

He's signed with TLA management and has clear links to the AFLPA so he should be bring in premium guests, even the occasional AFL superstar.

While the mental health ones are vitally important, they seem to be too close together for such deep topics.

Has the talent for it but really needs a shakeup and clear plan (including guests).

Caught his pod with Hodge the other day - it’s a good listen but gotta ask why does Dyl associate with and support Kane Cornes?

I know Dyl’s had him on the show before and Cornes pretty much says he copies Skip Bayliss type American sport hot take artists - I.e. the worst sort of people in the media.

A lot of Dyl’s shtick is being a menny health advocate and bringing positivity into the footysphere. Cornes spews so much toxic discourse - he is the exact opposite of that.

He should be better and call him out, or at least do what we all should do and ignore him.

I think his niche is Current and former AFL listed players. Could expand into known AFLW players as well as former AFL industry coaches and other staff members. His listeners I feel would prefer that than some of his other guests. I've listened to 1 other episode with some mental health expert and turned it off 5 mins in. Just brings the mood down completely. He includes some mental health and positivity in each episode based on experience, we don't need anymore surely.

Caught his pod with Hodge the other day - it’s a good listen but gotta ask why does Dyl associate with and support Kane Cornes?

I know Dyl’s had him on the show before and Cornes pretty much says he copies Skip Bayliss type American sport hot take artists - I.e. the worst sort of people in the media.

A lot of Dyl’s shtick is being a menny health advocate and bringing positivity into the footysphere. Cornes spews so much toxic discourse - he is the exact opposite of that.

He should be better and call him out, or at least do what we all should do and ignore him.
I suppose because Kane cornes behind the scenes is probably a good person. That run from Adelaide to Melbourne was pretty incredible. Is a bit of a tosser on social media tho

Sold his podcast brand to 'I Heart Radio' hasn't he? Kinda kills the 'independent' vibe.

Still listen most weeks to this and the other pods, but similar to my last post i dont think the podcast has got any better, nor worse though.

One of his better non-footy episodes is with Beau Miles.

Remove this Banner Ad

Dyl and Friends Podcast

Remove this Banner Ad

Back