Remove this Banner Ad

Roby

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jul 27, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I've change my opinion on who will be the best of this draft ahead of Swallow and Liberatore. Good overhead, good on the ground, smart, great composure. Will be an absolute star.

He looks like he is gathering more confidence every time he steps out onto the field. Heppell has been a fantastic pick up for us, just adds so much class to our workman like team.
his kicking was excellent today also.

I've change my opinion on who will be the best of this draft ahead of Swallow and Liberatore. Good overhead, good on the ground, smart, great composure. Will be an absolute star.

You've changed your mind after 4 rounds. I suspect that you will change your mind about 15 times over the next 4 years. Please don't make a new thread each time your opinion changes.

You've changed your mind after 4 rounds. I suspect that you will change your mind about 15 times over the next 4 years. Please don't make a new thread each time your opinion changes.

So do you think he's the best of this draft or not?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has looked good ,but let's not forgot he's playing loose man in defence most of the time with no one to pick up.

Ive heard the same thing about fletcher and dempsey, it seems hooker and hardingham are the only defenders we have the actually have a man to pick up, the rest just run around loose in defence.:eek:

Double post.

But given this second opportunity, I would like to make clear that I think Heppell is an incredible talent who will definitely play 200 games for Essendon. But I just think he may have shirked the issue a couple of times, which is not necessarily the heinous crime it's made out to be...

Double post.

But given this second opportunity, I would like to make clear that I think Heppell is an incredible talent who will definitely play 200 games for Essendon. But I just think he may have shirked the issue a couple of times, which is not necessarily the heinous crime it's made out to be...

I would have to disagree, numerous times in his short career he has backed in to a pack.

I think what you'll find is at this stage he is a receiver with pinpoint disposal, so he is acting as a quick release for our in & under midfielders.

I would have to disagree, numerous times in his short career he has backed in to a pack.

I think what you'll find is at this stage he is a receiver with pinpoint disposal, so he is acting as a quick release for our in & under midfielders.

Fair enough, maybe I'm being too harsh on him.

Think he's a class act though and have extreme faith that he'll prove a quality player for years to come.

He's good but you've mentioned two other players who have debuted from the last draft. Wait to see if more of them debut and they might be even better.

For example- you said best ahead of Swallow and Libba. Until Libba debuted, not too many people were touting him as the best. Hell, many of us were saying Wallis was better.

It's a long season and Hep has the early running, but just wait for the season to play out.

Gonna be a tough one to pick from this years draft

I was always very keen on Heppell and very glad he passed to us.

But there are two other boys in Darling and Libba who are showing a lot as well.

I think these 3 are the standouts so far

Swallow et al will need a little time for gold coast to start getting solid to see the best out of them

Remove this Banner Ad

Dyson Heppell - The Best

Remove this Banner Ad

Back