Portfolio EA AFL 2000

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL 2000 Cover Banner.jpg

Run through the banner, feel the thrills and ride every moment of the Australian Football League in your living room with AFL 2000 from EA Sports on the PlayStation1. Experience the most realistic football experience ever, as you run out into licensed stadiums, set your team and tactics with expert commentary from Dennis Cometti and Bruce McAveney. Play through the entire AFL Premiership Season with all sixteen clubs, and unlock exclusive unlockable content including four new teams.

EA AFL 2000 - it's in the game.

Links to each team:

Adelaide
Brisbane
Canberra (Bonus Team)
Carlton
Collingwood
Essendon
Footscray
Fremantle
Geelong
Gold Coast (Bonus Team)
Hawthorn
Melbourne
North Melbourne
Port Adelaide
Richmond
St Kilda
Sydney
Tasmania (Bonus Team)
West Coast
Western Sydney (Bonus Team)

Happy Jonah Hill GIF

IMG20240721182241.jpg
LFG!

There’s every chance this goes down as the best portfolio in FJGD history. I know we’ve only seen a front cover but it’s very very possible. So uh, no pressure hahaha.

It’s definitely the most work I’ve ever put into a portfolio in terms of individual assets and new design techniques.

(Which, I’ve been able to work into another striking project recently.)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just keeps on delivering the goods does the big Freight Train. I have a feeling that one might match the aesthetic just that little bit more with the monogram they were using at that time, but the design itself is absolutely flawless 😍

Out of curiosity, did you go the route of making a low-poly 3D model of the uniform and put the designs on that, or is this all done as a 2D image stylised like a PS1 game? I only ask because you’ve hit the aesthetic so perfectly and it’s genuinely hard to tell which way you went about it. I think 3D modelling could revolutionise this board when someone gets around the perfecting that art style for footy. Keen to see the rest as this unfolds 🔥

Just keeps on delivering the goods does the big Freight Train. I have a feeling that one might match the aesthetic just that little bit more with the monogram they were using at that time, but the design itself is absolutely flawless 😍

Out of curiosity, did you go the route of making a low-poly 3D model of the uniform and put the designs on that, or is this all done as a 2D image stylised like a PS1 game? I only ask because you’ve hit the aesthetic so perfectly and it’s genuinely hard to tell which way you went about it. I think 3D modelling could revolutionise this board when someone gets around the perfecting that art style for footy. Keen to see the rest as this unfolds 🔥

I promise that I did try with the monogram of that time, but this worked so much better in my eyes haha.

It's all "2D" - effectively created my own Yellow Images style template in Photoshop but made it low poly with pixellated texture overlays, to simulate the look at the time, with the artwork as a smart object and warped/mask to the template. The shadowing and textures are a blend of a low-poly torso model, along with a basic cloth texture, both heavily pixellated.

1721697523304.png plus 1721697571140.png

equals

1721697631227.png

I promise that I did try with the monogram of that time, but this worked so much better in my eyes haha.

It's all "2D" - effectively created my own Yellow Images style template in Photoshop but made it low poly with pixellated texture overlays, to simulate the look at the time, with the artwork as a smart object and warped/mask to the template. The shadowing and textures are a blend of a low-poly torso model, along with a basic cloth texture, both heavily pixellated.

View attachment 2056425 plus View attachment 2056428

equals

View attachment 2056432
Woah that’s super sick 😧 appreciate the insight into this! There’s a big part of me that wants to have a crack at reskinning one of the older AFL games with these jumpers cause it’d just be super sick to see fauxback jumpers instead of essentially what these clubs wear now. Maybe I’ll settle for trying to recreate these in AFL23 for now hahaha

Remove this Banner Ad

Portfolio EA AFL 2000

Remove this Banner Ad

Back