Gaming EA Sports College Football 25 - July 19

Remove this Banner Ad

Trying to temper my expectations but as someone who bought a PS3 so I could import NCAA 11 through 14 and ended up soft modding my PS2 in order to play a copy of 06... I need this in my life dearly.

Kind of hoping we get the release of the teambuilder website sooner rather than later so I can put my energy somewhere useful 😂

Trying to temper my expectations but as someone who bought a PS3 so I could import NCAA 11 through 14 and ended up soft modding my PS2 in order to play a copy of 06... I need this in my life dearly.

Kind of hoping we get the release of the teambuilder website sooner rather than later so I can put my energy somewhere useful 😂
Teambuilder will be early July so only 2 weeks or so before the game.

bunch of videos and articles overnight. seems gameplay might be coming in a few days.

seems everyone was loving it, and it doesnt play anything like Madden.

Dynasty doesnt have NIL, but has transfer portal and early signing period. You can once again play as HC, OC or DC. skill trees again, recruiting said to be kinda like NCAA 14 but more advanced, works the same for transfer portal. Prospects can lock you out and can have dealbreakers. Up to 30 years and online has up to 32 but no cross play. Custom schedules and conferences with a bunch of rules you can set for the conference like how many conference games, protected rivals and can have championship at highest placed team if you want.

but some bad news. Road to Glory doesnt start in high school anymore [instead picking your level as a recruit at the beginning to determine how hard your grind will be to getting playing time — 5-star (79 OVR), 4-star (75 OVR), 3-star (70 OVR), and 2-star (65 OVR) even 5* player needs to "win" the starting job] Road to Glory can be exported to Madden

No exporting draft classes which is said to be because of the licensed players where Madden and this have different licensing deals. NFLPA do the Madden ones. No big loss for me I wouldnt touch Madden again this year if i was given it free again.

bunch of videos and articles overnight. seems gameplay might be coming in a few days.

seems everyone was loving it, and it doesnt play anything like Madden.

Dynasty doesnt have NIL, but has transfer portal and early signing period. You can once again play as HC, OC or DC. skill trees again, recruiting said to be kinda like NCAA 14 but more advanced, works the same for transfer portal. Prospects can lock you out and can have dealbreakers. Up to 30 years and online has up to 32 but no cross play. Custom schedules and conferences with a bunch of rules you can set for the conference like how many conference games, protected rivals and can have championship at highest placed team if you want.

but some bad news. Road to Glory doesnt start in high school anymore [instead picking your level as a recruit at the beginning to determine how hard your grind will be to getting playing time — 5-star (79 OVR), 4-star (75 OVR), 3-star (70 OVR), and 2-star (65 OVR) even 5* player needs to "win" the starting job] Road to Glory can be exported to Madden

No exporting draft classes which is said to be because of the licensed players where Madden and this have different licensing deals. NFLPA do the Madden ones. No big loss for me I wouldnt touch Madden again this year if i was given it free again.
So I do believe NIL is sort of in as "Brand Exposure" which takes the place of the old "TV Exposure" recruiting pitch in Dynasty.

Which tbh is the best way to implement it.

So I do believe NIL is sort of in as "Brand Exposure" which takes the place of the old "TV Exposure" recruiting pitch in Dynasty.

Which tbh is the best way to implement it.
TV exposure by the last few games was dumb since every game was broadcast. even if it was on a smaller network.
Not like the old Fox college sports networks or whatever regional networks they had contracts with.

It does sound like dynasty was the major focus. which is great but not a fan of cutting high school senior year from RTG. thats the only thing ive seen im not a fan of. but not even close to a dealbreaker for me.

If only the people who made College Football would make Madden then
Ultimate team is the main focus of Madden. so even if they had the talent it wouldnt do much. some of the CFB team were on Madden or before this came back

Gameplay deep dive in about 15 hours

Is that 2k-esque tiered traits I spy in the thumbnail?

Hopefully its just unlocks for road to glory. since they have confirmed xfactors are not in the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wear and tare sounds like it could be problematic if the sliders are wrong.
also no huddle reads like you only have a limited number of plays you can use and not the whole playbook like in the old games.

new pass mechanics im not sure about, cant know till we play it.

Wish they still did demos. but its looking great. preordered the deluxe because im a sucker and was willing to pay extra to play 3 days early

Having played EA FC 24 a lot, they use "Abilities", and it sucks. CFB25 will have it. Essentially, the issue with Abilities is....no matter how high a player is rated across various categories, if they don't have a a certain ability they are not as good in that ability compared to a player with that ability (no matter how low he is rated in various categories that even relate to that ability).

For example...in the soccer game, a player with high rating in heading, jumping and finishing really struggles at heading the ball compared to a player with either the Power Heading or Ariel or both abilities....even if his heading, jumping, and finishing are much lower than the other player.

Wear and tare sounds like it could be problematic if the sliders are wrong.
also no huddle reads like you only have a limited number of plays you can use and not the whole playbook like in the old games.

new pass mechanics im not sure about, cant know till we play it.

Wish they still did demos. but its looking great. preordered the deluxe because im a sucker and was willing to pay extra to play 3 days early
I did read somewhere that the new passing mechanics & wear and tear are both toggable. Which makes sense.

I understand and share the fear about the abilities being like X-Factors or whatever system new Fifa has - But the way I'm rationalising it to myself is that the system seems more like how NBA 2k does their badge system - The design director apprently used to be a dev on 2k.

if abilities are unlocked based on player rating it might not be OP. but if they are like xfactors it will be a disaster
So hopefully this screencap is readable but this example has Travis Hunter as a Gold Level in the "Double Dip" attribute but for platinum he requires a Deep Route rating of above 95
1000002123.jpg

But yeah like we all have our fears an anxieties when it comes to this game but it's been a very long time since I've been this actively excited for info drops for a game so I'm riding the wave

I think EA have forgotten about the game. Last deep dive 3 weeks ago and 3 more deep dived were mentioned last one.
The game comes out in 25 days. The dumb campaigners decided to start the Madden marketing. They seem unable to run promotions for 2 games at once.

I think EA have forgotten about the game. Last deep dive 3 weeks ago and 3 more deep dived were mentioned last one.
The game comes out in 25 days. The dumb campaigners decided to start the Madden marketing. They seem unable to run promotions for 2 games at once.
How much more promoting do they actually need?

Anyone interested in this game will have already made their mind up that they want it. Nothing will change that in the next 25 days.

How much more promoting do they actually need?

Anyone interested in this game will have already made their mind up that they want it. Nothing will change that in the next 25 days.
This is the dumbest think ive seen in a bit. You can say the same about every game then. just have a press release announcing and and show nothing till its out. You either are sold on the name alone or you are fine to wait.

We know next to nothing about Dynasty or RTG right now. and they have a set of deep dives planned

This is the dumbest think ive seen in a bit. You can say the same about every game then. just have a press release announcing and and show nothing till its out. You either are sold on the name alone or you are fine to wait.

We know next to nothing about Dynasty or RTG right now. and they have a set of deep dives planned
If you're going to have a crack and say it's the dumbest thing you've seen, you should at least get the spelling right...

Is knowing next to nothing about Dynasty or RTG right now going to stop you from buying the game?

Madden will still outsell this game pretty easily, prioritising that is always going to happen.

Remove this Banner Ad

Gaming EA Sports College Football 25 - July 19

Remove this Banner Ad

Back