Poptart

Club Legend
Jan 27, 2005
In mighty_west's shadow.
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Williamstown
Nathan Eagleton has been offered somewhere around a $2,500 fine for his bump on the ump from the reporting officer against the Swannies.

Source SEN.

Not so good news for us is that both Soloman & McPhee have been cleared to play.

As I said last week when Lloyd got cleared, Essendon get a dream run. Even when they get suspensions they appeal and get them overturned. They are full of smartarse types like Solomon, Johnson, Murphy, Cupido, Zantuck, Welsh who always question every free kick that goes against them.
Bloody whingers.

I reckon it's an absolute joke that he gets fined for something like that...

eyes only for the footy and the ump gets in his way, costs him $2500!

Its a farce. Footy is a very fast game and with 3 umps running around the ground for kilometres on end theres bound to be contact every now and then. You shouldn't be fined for what is not only an accident, but is often just as much the umps fault

It could be worse though, the same thing arguably cost Todd Curley his career

The_Flying_Egg said:
Its a farce. Footy is a very fast game and with 3 umps running around the ground for kilometres on end theres bound to be contact every now and then. You shouldn't be fined for what is not only an accident, but is often just as much the umps fault
Actually cost us a shot on goal I reckon.Alot worse things can happen to umpires than a player accidentally running through them.In my local footy game on Saturday an opposition player chested an umpire twice.That is the sort of thing they need to punish not accidental bumps.I would be embarrased about this ruling if I was an umpire.

The worse part was the ball was a metre from the umpire. What was he suppose to do? Not go for the ball?

I really hoped the new tribunal system would have improved but inconsistencies still remain. This week is a lottery.
How Archer and Mooney get only 1 week for punches to the head is anyone guess. Didak clear? Soloman clear? I think Gehrig was guilty 3 weeks back but compared to these he was hard done by.

They also investigated Giansiracusa's bump??????

Cool.

Now give us the goal that it cost us, the momentum we would have had and the four points for the game and we'll call it even.

Eagle was a bit stiff to cop a fine, but the one i can't get over is Mooney only getting one week for that punch to the head in the goalsquare.
It would have been nice to have Soloman and McPhee miss but there wasnt much in either of theres and they didnt deserve a suspension.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Palace03 said:
Eagle was a bit stiff to cop a fine, but the one i can't get over is Mooney only getting one week for that punch to the head in the goalsquare.
It would have been nice to have Soloman and McPhee miss but there wasnt much in either of theres and they didnt deserve a suspension.

Mooney was unlucky to get a week for that. He wouldn't have been suspended at all if not for his bad record.

How Archer only got 1 week for his hit on Thurley is amazing....it was worth 2 to 3 weeks at least.

As for the Eagle...Kirk did the same thing last week against Port and wasn't fined...the tribunal system is turning into a farce again.

I was listening to the clown Ex Umpire Humphrey B Bear last night on SEN and the Eagleton incident was mentioned briefly. Said how the 'poor umpire' had to take himself to hospital. And of 4 years back that 'hit' would have been worth 4 week out.
Talk about sidestepping the actual incident and why it happened.
Different rules for different clubs

I think what it means, is that players are super human and the umpires are not, or the players are normal and the umpires are the weakest beings on the planet.

Remove this Banner Ad

Eagleton fined!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back