Unsolved Easey St Murders Collingwood * ARREST MADE

Remove this Banner Ad

Police have arrested a man in Italy over the 1977 murders of Suzanne Armstrong and Susan Bartlett in their Easey Street home. He fled Australia in 2017 after he became aware he was a suspect.

The man fled to Greece and couldn’t be arrested because local laws meant charges must be laid within seven years of the offence.

The Easey Street murders are still unsolved.

The Easey Street murders are still unsolved.CREDIT: STEPHEN KIPRILLIS

Police have waited those 15 years for him to leave Greece so he could be arrested. They will now seek to extradite him to Melbourne to face the charges.

A police spokesperson confirmed a 65-year-old dual citizen of Australia and Greece was arrested at an airport in Rome in the early hours on Friday.

For you russian bots , long unsolved double murder in Melbourne

Suspect has been named as a Perry Kouroumblis, who was born in Melbourne in 1959. Lived in Bendigo St a few streets away at the time.

Not sure of Vic laws but if he was named then he must have been over 18 at the time
If that is true, must have been born just after New Years day.

Think its him, as one of his friends is shown as Tony Kouroumblis who the Herald Sun quotes as his brother (who as you would expect says the arrest is a big mistake).

wow i went to school with Diamond Tektonopoulos(diamantis his real name)on his fb friends list,i notice several with his surname on friends list,so i guess related

played footy with him also,he won the warburton millgrove u17 b and f in 1984

oh and the brother Tony has a woloschin on his friends list,i know near everyone on her friends list,getting creepy

Last edited:
Seeing people walking around with sheath knives hanging from their belts wasn't unusual, bit like 20 years ago seeing people wearing leather mobile phone cases attached to their belts.

Many men always carried a knife, especially in tougher areas, and 1977 was just on the cusp of the inner suburbs (Carlton esp) changing from slums to "Des Res"
I instantly thought of this clip, funnily enough it's also from Melbourne 1977.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, for sure. It’s massive. Second biggest spectre hanging over the city after Mr Cruel you’d think. If you don’t say you shudder when you pass Easey Street on the tram you ain’t from Melbourne.
Good burger joint though.

wow i went to school with Diamond Tektonopoulos(diamantis his real name)on his fb friends list,i notice several with his surname on friends list,so i guess related

played footy with him also,he won the warburton millgrove u17 b and f in 1984

oh and the brother Tony has a woloschin on his friends list,i know near everyone on her friends list,getting creepy

You must have mutual friends to be able to see all that, I can't see a friends list at all. All I can see that might be interesting is a couple of fishing charters.

t
You must have mutual friends to be able to see all that, I can't see a friends list at all. All I can see that might be interesting is a couple of fishing charters.
there are 2 Tony,one has profile locked,the other attending collingwood high is open for me,doesnt say i have mutual friends on either(he or perry),but if i looked up some of the people on the woloschin girl profile,surely there would be mutual friends there,i remember starting on the bench for the burras with paul woloschin on her friends list back in 1984,so he and diamond knew each other

Best & Fairest​

Dick Treloar Memorial Board
YEARSENIORSRESERVESU17S/18SVETSA-GRADEB-GRADEC-GRADED-GRADE17 & UNDER15 & UNDER
1967M. BrownS. PalmerG. Clinch
1968C. CoolidgeJ. MitchellN. Morris
1969R. TreloarT. StewartN. Morris
1970R. TreloarJ. MitchellR. Hill
1971K. BoydK. PoyntonG. Wheeler
1972T. WheelerD. NelsonD. Clinch
1973G. DonnellyJ. PsailaD. Clinch
1974W. MorrisB. WardG. Moran
1975W. MorrisJ. PsailaJ. Finlay