Unsolved Easey St Murders Collingwood * ARREST MADE

Remove this Banner Ad

Police have arrested a man in Italy over the 1977 murders of Suzanne Armstrong and Susan Bartlett in their Easey Street home. He fled Australia in 2017 after he became aware he was a suspect.

The man fled to Greece and couldn’t be arrested because local laws meant charges must be laid within seven years of the offence.

The Easey Street murders are still unsolved.

The Easey Street murders are still unsolved.CREDIT: STEPHEN KIPRILLIS

Police have waited those 15 years for him to leave Greece so he could be arrested. They will now seek to extradite him to Melbourne to face the charges.

A police spokesperson confirmed a 65-year-old dual citizen of Australia and Greece was arrested at an airport in Rome in the early hours on Friday.

For you russian bots , long unsolved double murder in Melbourne

So Iddles was the constable who stopped the suspect weeks after the murder and found a knife in the boot with bloodstains on it. Suspect said he found the knife at Vic street station. Iddles handed it to detectives but never heard back from them. Assume he didn’t follow up either. Starting to sound like come shoddy police work at the time.

Unfortunately almost all of these notorious long-term cold cases involve some very poor investigation up front that lets the lucky perp slip away.

I wonder whether more than one perpetrator was involved
it was stated that whoever did this was very strong,somehow a 17yo kid doesnt fit that,so i reckon there is a darn good chance another was involved

wanted to answer 2 messages here but the thing is fn stupid,add to multi quote then nothing?????where the hell to go from there?anyway will answer the other below

They surmised that Armstrong was alone when she was attacked and r*ped. Bartlett came home shortly after and was chased down the corridor as she tried to escape.
they were both home watching the sullivans with the brother and sister in law(or his gf)of one of them,i dont think bartlett left in the short time between the visitors leaving and the murders

You must have mutual friends to be able to see all that, I can't see a friends list at all. All I can see that might be interesting is a couple of fishing charters.
finally got around to it,i dont know how facebook works,but a fb friend of mine is mutual friends with 2 people on one of the suspects brothers friends list,so very few degrees of seperation

so
Perry Kouroumblis
friends with
Tony Kouroumblis
friends with
D.W
has 2 mutual friends with a friend of mine

maybe that allows me to see their profiles,both of which are as not yet locked,Perry might be a little busy right now to lock his & Tony has 2,maybe he locked one when this broke,but the other still open

they were both home watching the sullivans with the brother and sister in law(or his gf)of one of them,i dont think bartlett left in the short time between the visitors leaving and the murders
Ok but how come Bartlett didn’t intervene until after he’d dealt with Armstrong? Not arguing with you but there are slightly different versions of the chronology. They are all theoretical.

I don’t understand how one of them didn’t get away. He could only kill one at a time. So many stab wounds would have taken a few minutes.

But…

The hallways in those houses are really narrow. We have no idea either, what was pre mortem and what was post.

Armstrong had the first bedroom near the front door, Gregory the second and Bartlett (I assume) had the third, next to Gregory.

The house has been renovated since and looks a bit different, it's advertised as a two bedroom so they might have knocked a wall out and the bathroom's been moved.

EaseyStFloorplan.png

Quite stunned this has suddenly dropped. Was not really expecting to see a resolution, or not one which involved someone still living.

If there was a tipoff when the reward dropped you’d think it might have come from one of the mates who gave him an alibi back at the time of the murders.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Unsolved Easey St Murders Collingwood * ARREST MADE

Remove this Banner Ad

Back