Current Easey St Murders Collingwood * ARREST MADE

Remove this Banner Ad

Police have arrested a man in Italy over the 1977 murders of Suzanne Armstrong and Susan Bartlett in their Easey Street home. He fled Australia in 2017 after he became aware he was a suspect.

The man fled to Greece and couldn’t be arrested because local laws meant charges must be laid within seven years of the offence.

The Easey Street murders are still unsolved.

EaseyStGregory.png

Police have waited those 15 years for him to leave Greece so he could be arrested. They will now seek to extradite him to Melbourne to face the charges.

A police spokesperson confirmed a 65-year-old dual citizen of Australia and Greece was arrested at an airport in Rome in the early hours on Friday.

For you russian bots , long unsolved double murder in Melbourne

Last edited by a moderator:
So, accused was pulled over and was found with a knife which in turn had human blood sample of A positive ( common in 1/3 of humans) which happen to match 1 of the victims. Blood type of victim number 2 must have different as there has been been no reporting of the fact that as to why there wasn't a second blood type found on the knife. I find this quite peculiar. Maybe the knife found in question in the boot of the car isn't the murder weapon at all. The suspects alibi could have been seen as plausible back 47 years ago, hence he wasn't charged .

It's more than just highlighting, it's the attitude that if they were a cop at the time then they would of solved the case.

It came across pretty strong when I was catching up on the last 10 pages here, but I didn't meantion it because it seems to happen on every case here.

Oh come on, it doesn't take a super-slueth to know in real time what should have been done a long time ago.

DNA evidence has been used in Australian courts for over 30 years.

Here we have a known crook who had been found with the possible murder weapon, who lived nearby and knew (via school) one of the victims.

Yet, he was able to jump on a plane to Greece in 2017. It is only dumb luck that he is even still alive and flew to Rome. Otherwise, there would never have even been an arrest.

But yeah, only a keyboard warrior could have thought to obtain DNA from this criminal mastermind 🙄

Anyone think perhaps the DNA puts him at the scene of the crime but perhaps there was a second man too?
very possible,its been said that whoever did this had to be incredibly strong,17yo doesnt fit that,though adrenalin etc will help out,id think every chance there was,but we probably will never know,gives me vibes that he wont be giving anyone up or seeking lesser blame,reckon he will fight it with all he has got,then cop it,mind you im not surprised if the best lawyers in melbourne are lining up to represent him for free right now,he may well get off

So, accused was pulled over and was found with a knife which in turn had human blood sample of A positive ( common in 1/3 of humans) which happen to match 1 of the victims. Blood type of victim number 2 must have different as there has been been no reporting of the fact that as to why there wasn't a second blood type found on the knife. I find this quite peculiar. Maybe the knife found in question in the boot of the car isn't the murder weapon at all. The suspects alibi could have been seen as plausible back 47 years ago, hence he wasn't charged .

I believe S.Armstrong's blood type (A+) was found on the knife; S.Bartlett's blood type (O+) wasn't.

The knife had been cleaned (at least attempted to be cleaned), so alone, to me, it could mean several things: from it not being the murder weapon, to two different murder weapons (and perhaps more than one killer), to it being successfully cleaned of one victim's blood, but microscopic specks of the other victim's blood remaining.

I think it should be cleared up though that the knife HAD definitely been cleaned: when Iddles found it, it wasn't looking like it had just been in a slaughterhouse. As far as I'm aware, it's not even clear whether the blood was apparent to the naked eye. It had been cleaned, clearly just not perfectly.

Oh come on, it doesn't take a super-slueth to know in real time what should have been done a long time ago.

DNA evidence has been used in Australian courts for over 30 years.

Here we have a known crook who had been found with the possible murder weapon, who lived nearby and knew (via school) one of the victims.

Yet, he was able to jump on a plane to Greece in 2017. It is only dumb luck that he is even still alive and flew to Rome. Otherwise, there would never have even been an arrest.

But yeah, only a keyboard warrior could have thought to obtain DNA from this criminal mastermind 🙄

Wasn't expecting someone to blatantly prove my point.

Cheers!

Remove this Banner Ad

Current Easey St Murders Collingwood * ARREST MADE

Remove this Banner Ad

Back