East Fremantle Sharks Supporters Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Good win
Another big game next week
Moss Street?
Yep great win v a very good side in SD. EP at Leederville on Sat, another tough clash....really up to Peel to win their last 2 matches v SD and EP....and of course EF winning their last 2 v EP and WCER.....which would enable EF to leap frog into 2nd spot.....tall ask though, as SD and EP are more than capable of beating Peel. Fascinating last 2 rounds coming up.

Pity to see Gorringe is out for the season, personal reasons....unlucky for the young fella.....lucky for one out of Meade, Dunscombe and Rankin to get that back pocket spot. Some tough selections coming up for the selectors.

a return to East Fremantle Oval, with the ground given the green light by the WA Football Commission for a return to train and play.

The club remains in dialogue with the Town of East Fremantle on a sub-lease agreement between the parties, with the round 21 clash against West Coast still a chance to be played at the venue.

Apparently Gorringe has gone to Canada for study reasons- so not so unlucky after all. Good luck to the young the young fella and his study aspirations. Looks like R McGuire and English will be back for the WCER game, but with no reserves match, both might have to wait till the finals, the week after, to play some footy.

Good test for Blakiston this week v Jones. Be interesting to see how he goes physically v the ex Docker, mobility wise Blakiston should have the advantage.....though it looks like a very wet weekend of footy ahead.....which will suit Jones I guess.

Wet day of footy, pity EF couldn't get over the line and keep that hunt for 2nd spot alive. Zadow was a late in for Walker, not sure why.

Bit of de je vu with that EP loss, 3 pts.....apparently it was EP 5th win by 3 pts this year. Hopefully there is no de je vu v WCER next week.....lose that one, and EF won't be playing finals, if SD, Cl and SF win. Though if they do like, they don't deserve to play finals.

The reserves and colts finish off their H&A seasons wins.....the reserves sitting in 2nd spot, with S playing the league leaders in Cl.....3rd spot finish at worst for EF reserves.The colts ended their 12 match losing streak, win a win over EP, meaning the colts might end up in 6th spot.

Doesn't sound like that much.

The WAFL salary cap has increased by $19,000 for next season as part of a three-year plan that was agreed upon this week by the West Australian Football Commission.

The salary cap will increase from $245,000 up to $264,000 next season before it will go up to $275,000 in 2026 and $285,000 in 2027.

It is the biggest increase post-COVID when the base salary was back at $200,000 as part of an agreement by all state leagues.”

With all the money around, and I know some WAFL clubs are financially struggling, surely it can be more?

Sounds like the surface at Moss St held up well with 3 games on it yesterday. Though with no fences and it being a final, not sure the financial benefits of that...but we can only wait n see I guess.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sun Sep 1
East Fremantle
East Fremantle
Claremont
Claremont
2:10 pmRevo Fitness StadiumStream AFL App
League

Out of the available grounds, Revo Fitness Stadium was the preferred option of our Football Operations team.
EF have a good record there this year, so can understand the logic. If good enough EF will win.....though definitely need more goal front accuracy and Jono hitting the scoreboard more.....been quiet on the scoreboard of late. Marlin back is a definite need, as EF need his size up back.

Cl are a good side, and deserve their finals spot. EF thrashed them in round 2 at Revo, and Cl won the return match at Leedy, but EF weren't still hit n miss then, whilst Cl were beating everyone around then, including EP. Plus EF only list by a couple of goals.

All to play for, a huge ask for both sides to win a flag from here......quietly confident if the weather stays fine for the finals, EF can go all the way. Can see English and RMcGuire playing seconds. Good luck to both EF sides on Sun......

Pride in Sharks overcoming plenty

For a second straight season East Fremantle hasn’t been able to play or train on its home ground at East Fremantle Oval, and Cam Eardley continues to be proud in the way his teammates and coaching staff don't let that hinder them.

The turmoil it can cause at times and the disruption of it is anything but easy, but at the same time Eardley feels it has a positive impact.

That's in the form of pulling the players and teammates together even more just to focus on what they can control and that's playing and training to the best of their ability.

"I don’t think people probably outside the four walls of East Freo really realise how turbulent our season has been in terms of training venues and even the days we're going to be playing," Eardley said.

"There's been times we've been waiting until mid-week to find out what day or where we're playing that weekend. That's nothing to do with the club's fault, that's just how it's worked out and there was that element of that last year too to prepare us a little bit.

"I think we've trained at 12 different grounds this year and haven’t played a home game, and now we play a home final at Claremont against Claremont.

"That's the good thing about the group and coaching staff, though, to be able to ignore all that and even use it as a little bit of more motivation to spur us on."

Haven't kicked straight for weeks, worst performance all year. Kicked 1.7 in the first quarter, and you reap what you sow. As you say, disappointing finish to a hit and miss year.
There were a couple times this year that I thought we were back but it just didn't stick around, just an up and down average year IMO

There were a couple times this year that I thought we were back but it just didn't stick around, just an up and down average year IMO
I thought with those 5 wins on the trot before the EP loss, I thought EF were building some serious momentum. Interesting to see that the biggest loss all season by EF, was by only 4 goals.....and that was today.

So Brad Dodd has jumped ship to Perth, to become their Footy Manager. Definitely will earn his money at Perth will Doddy. Done his job at EF, disappointing to see him leaving, especially when the club is battling with some off field dramas, but what will be will be.

Remove this Banner Ad

East Fremantle Sharks Supporters Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back