East Gippsland Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Good luck to Lindenow, back in the finals after a few down years. Hope Ando and the boys give it a good shake.

Saturday - Bairnsdale v Wy Yung at Lucknow
Saturday we played Bairnsdale, Gags kicked 3 goals in maybe the first 4 minutes, I'm not sure in that time we actually had a clear possession. Managed to get in front at half time, led at 3/4 time, but again the last 10 minutes we allowed them to kick away. Pud Preston in his first game for the year in the 1's comes into a FP and kicks the lazy 5, if I was some kid who's played all year I'd have the sads on. Bad luck for Mick Preston who I think broke his leg, will be missed by them. Have to tip Bairnsdale to go straight through, seeing how they haven't been rolled, although they're not miles and miles ahead.
Sunday - Lindenow v Lakes Entrance at Bairnsdale
Everything fell into place for Lakes, with them beating Wy Yung by 3 points, and somehow Paynesville rolling OSR by just enough to get Lakes' percentage ahead of OSR by (I think) about 1.5%. Can only comment on when we've played them this year, and they haven't really caused us any major worries so far, but finals is different and just hope we can get past them to have another crack at Wy Yung.

Great result for Gherkin Walker at the league B&F, after polling in every one of club games last year and only getting 5 league votes, to win the thing this year.

My tips for the two finals are Bairnsdale to do a good job on Wy Yung and win by 36 points and go straight into the Grand Final. They have proven all year they are the best side and will be very hard to stop for the flag. In the other game Lindenow has defeated Lakes all year but i think when it comes to finals things happen and Lakes are playing some good footy at the write time of the year. Luko from Merimbula has been a stand out this year and they are starting to really jell together so i am tipping them for a 17 point upset win. In the Reserves Lakes and Bairnsdale should have a good tussle but Lakes with players back from last week should be to strong after a hick up last week. WY Yung in the Reserves should be to fast and good for Paynesville but dont be surprised if Paynsesville cause an upset. So Wy Yung to sneak home by 12 points.

Well only one out of two in the seniors and both correct in the reserves. But it is set for a big Preliminary final with Lindenow and Wy Yung and well i am going for Lindenow to win this match. I thought Wy Yung struggled against Bairnsdale and are just not playing good footy at the right time of the year. So Lindenow to win this one by 15 points and in the reserves i am tipping Bairnsdale to bounce back as they should have some senior players to drop back in but this one to go write down to the wire with bairnsdale to scrap home by 4 points. Lakes to win thirds by 9 points in a close one.

EGFL VS EDFL

2004: (12th June) At Bairnsdale:

SENIORS:
E.G.F.L. 4.2 5.6 9.15 18.19 (127)
E.D.F.L. 2.4 5.6 10.8 14.9 (93)

GOALS:
E.G.F.L. D:- Preston 5; M. Fry, A. Simpson 3; A. Biszko 2; L. Muirhead,
M. Battista, B. West, V. Evans, A. Bence 1.
E.D.F.L:- T. Giles 3; M. Stockx, R. Brown, J. Twaites, B. Mounsey 2;
M. Hutchinson, D. Hendricks, B. Eastwell 1.

BEST:
E.G.F.L:- M. Fry, B. Walker, V. Evans, A. Simpson, L. Moresi, K. Ashwood,
D. Cooper, D. Preston.
E.D.F.L:- B. Eastwell, M. Stockx, J. Tymenson, B. Mounsey, R. Brown.

2003: (7th June) At Nilma Darnum:

SENIORS:
EGFL 9.14.68 d EDFL 8.6.54.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You probably would have as the quality of football in the EGFL has dropped off and by all reports the EDFL has improved.
However, it wasn't that long ago the the East Gippy league knocked the EDFL off so comparing us to Africa is just as much a blight on you.

Very good win on the weekend against Wy Yung, got to about 9 goals ahead in the 3rd before eventually winning by about 5 goals. Big game from Disco with 8.1. Left with only 1 on the bench after 1/4 time, with Geoff Young KO'd and Muss having his knee rearranged by Blando's nose.
A big ask this Sunday :mad::confused::thumbsdown: against Bairnsdale, they're definitely beatable but we'll have to have our A game.

Very good win on the weekend against Wy Yung, got to about 9 goals ahead in the 3rd before eventually winning by about 5 goals. Big game from Disco with 8.1. Left with only 1 on the bench after 1/4 time, with Geoff Young KO'd and Muss having his knee rearranged by Blando's nose.
A big ask this Sunday :mad::confused::thumbsdown: against Bairnsdale, they're definitely beatable but we'll have to have our A game.

I'll tip a tie.

I'll tip a tie.

Should be a big day on sunday with three cracker grand finals scheduled. In the seniors Bairnsdale have been fantastic this year and will feel alot of pressure on sunday from Lindenow. Lindenow dont seem to be finishing games off well and relaxing and i believe if they fix this problem on Sunday i can see an upset looming. If we get one of those september windy days I think Lindenow can cause an upset and defeat Bairnsdale but you would think Bairnsdale should win by a slight margin of 9 points. In the resereves it should be real close contest, with Wy Yung seniors out and they have defeated Lakes twice this year it is looking like Wy Yung nearly could go in as favourites for the match. Lakes have only lost the two games but this won will be under 2 goals result, but i will go with the ladder leader Lakes to win by 11 points in a real good contest. In the thirds Lakes have made a real charge with alot of senior experience in the thirds against a well drilled Bairnsdale. Bairnsdale have been the side to beat this year but Lakes are a bit like Lindenow in the seniors making a real charge at the write time of the year but i will go with Lakes to win by 3 points only due to the senior experience the have.

Remove this Banner Ad

East Gippsland Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Back