Media East Side Media: It's not an Eth, it's not a dog - it's eth-dog's 300th!

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 26, 2009
Hogwarts
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
East Side Hawks, Strikers, NMFC
eth-dog
34819.jpg

300 GAMES

Written by Tarkyn_24 and por_please_ya

eth-dog has been a mainstay of fantasy sport competitions for most of my time on BigFooty, and has always been a pleasure to play both alongside and against. Most importantly, he also forms a part of the most illustrious club in Sweet FA - the crop of Season 7 debutants often likened to the 2001 AFL super draft.

eth-dog commenced with the Dragons after being recruited by roo_boy, who I honestly have no recollection of. While his side would be merged off after one fated season, he had an immediate impact, with 17 handballs amongst his tally of 21 disposals.
1726229429267.png

Two weeks later he was to notch a first goal against the All Stars, but it would take until his second season before his first match thread post would be made - as a result of his second attempt at signing up and a second redirection to the now merged entity.

It was a memorable one:

carn dragons, eth-dog going to dominate

And one that obviously resonated strongly enough with his now skipper Callums_Guns who has liked the post despite the like feature not becoming available until over a decade (probably) after the contribution was made.
1726223532207.png

The parallels didn’t stop there, with eth-dog opening his second season account against the same side he did in his first, recording fourteen touches and eight marks in a five page (FIVE PAGES!!) match thread vs the Dees.

From there, eth-dog would go on to play for two more sides; first landing at the Bombers via mid season trade, where he would stay intermittently before finally finding his way to the Hawks during Season 29. It’s been at the latter two that all but 28 of his games have occurred, and the two clubs have been bettered for his contribution to them.

Statistically speaking...

eth-dog has always been a strong contributor on and off the ground. His stats speak for themselves:

1726223798561.png
Starting his Qooty qareer with the Dragons is rather iconic, because eth-dog loves nothing more than emulating his idol, TROGDORRRRRRRRRRR and burninating peasants his opponents. He and Shermy were always the formidable FB-CHB team and are still leaving their mark to this day.

Outside of Sweet, eth-dog enjoys cricket, watching the cycling (particularly Giro d'Italia, don't disturb him when it's on or you'll be sorry), and nomming artists like Halocene, Eskimo Joe and Sara Bareilles in the Song Contest. He also tortured some of us on Discord a few years ago with his 'bastard' of a quiz which had some ridiculous questions like "11. Which Australian(s) have won the Criterium du Dauphine?" and "4. How old was Mozart when he died?" .... -_-

Here is what his teammates had to say about his milestone:

I don't like dogs
Big congrats to old mate eth-dog!! Has been a stalwart around the Sweet FA and it is always a pleasure, whether it is as his teammate or an opponent, or even in the casual game of werewolf.

Good luck in your 300th mate and enjoy the moment... Flog.
I haven't much to say, other then eth-dog is the only dog that likes Maj, and hasn't tried to bite him, yet.
Even though his career started so early, eth-dog is feared as 1 of the best backman in the modern era. Has owned CHB like no other, rarely beaten both on the field and in the thread

An absolute legend of Baghdad and East Side and an honour to play alongside him at the Hawks - congrats on the milestone !
Eth is one of the Mount Buller greats. He captained the side with aplomb and kept them afloat at a time where the club was inconsistent in its posting efforts.

Oh, eth-dog? Nope.

And whilst his #1 teammate of 227 games Shermy whom played with him at the Bombers AND Hawks was not around to give comment, I did find this previous comment that seems to fit the bill:
Well done eth-dog, lets get a win this week for him boys

Seems about right.

Congratulations to a TakeForum original, one who has always been an enjoyable player to banter with and who has always taken the competition in the right spirit. It’s been a pleasure.

Congratulations eth-dog!
Cycling Win GIF by Amaury Sport Organisation

Congrats eth-dog.

I couldn't believe when I saw the list of people who were approached to comment for your milestone match and I wasn't on it.
Then I realised we'd only played 70 games together. Seemed like a lot more.

Well done, and all the best in your big match. Hope you have a win ...but only because it's not against the Demons :)

Congrats eth-dog.

I couldn't believe when I saw the list of people who were approached to comment for your milestone match and I wasn't on it.
Then I realised we'd only played 70 games together. Seemed like a lot more.

Well done, and all the best in your big match. Hope you have a win ...but only because it's not against the Demons :)
70 here, but about 200 of Fantasy Cricket and probably another 100 at TFFCL

70 here, but about 200 of Fantasy Cricket and probably another 100 at TFFCL
Well, had I known that, I would have closed the bakery so sausageroll could have given his two cents!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

300 games is a wonderful achievement. Doing it twice even more so (and no I don’t mean via requesting a re-sim, that’s Wonders territory).

In all seriousness, congrats on the achievement eth-dog. Were you Crusaders alumni at TF?

Remove this Banner Ad

Media East Side Media: It's not an Eth, it's not a dog - it's eth-dog's 300th!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back