Eastern Conference - 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyway enough about Hughesy, I like the guy besides the juicy goss is further North!

Geez from the silence you would almost think there was a crisis meeting tonight and all the players had been directed to not speak about it at all.

Without an alternative theory (which I'm sure read inc is scrambling to invent tonight) I guess your version of events is the true one ABH!!!

Media management at it's finest out in the ghetto.

Also heard that Lexie, Raadtsy and Lovie will not be at the club next year.

I think this is a bigger deal than the two coaches to be honest. I know having a good coach is a great thing, but those three players to me, represent a big part of the talent at Belco.

Do you know if they're leaving due to the coaching saga? Or leaving for work etc? Do you think they'll go to another club in Canberra? WOuld be 3 great pickups to a team if they can get them!

I think this is a bigger deal than the two coaches to be honest. I know having a good coach is a great thing, but those three players to me, represent a big part of the talent at Belco.

Do you know if they're leaving due to the coaching saga? Or leaving for work etc? Do you think they'll go to another club in Canberra? WOuld be 3 great pickups to a team if they can get them!

Pretty sure they were leaving anyway. Either due to travelling or moving, something like that.

I really cant believe the Belconnen Saga has not been given more time on here.

- Hire a coach
- Give him limited tools to be successful
- Acknowledge you understand and agree with the direction he is looking at taking the club forward with
- Team sits rock bottom due to lack of talent provided although improvement has occurred
- Look at recruiting a replacement behind his back
- He finds out
- Club looks for dirt on the coach
- Coach quits before he is replaced.

Brilliant stuff.

One of the stories of the season!

I really cant believe the Belconnen Saga has not been given more time on here.

- Hire a coach
- Give him limited tools to be successful
- Acknowledge you understand and agree with the direction he is looking at taking the club forward with
- Team sits rock bottom due to lack of talent provided although improvement has occurred
- Look at recruiting a replacement behind his back
- He finds out
- Club looks for dirt on the coach
- Coach quits before he is replaced.

Brilliant stuff.

One of the stories of the season!

--------------------------
All correct, ABH.

Perhaps they could've learnt a lesson from fellow AFL Canberra/NEAFL teams;

Ainslie were in the same position as that back a few years now and stuck with Rourke:thumbsu:. Hawks could've farewelled Gormo for similar reasons:thumbsu:; ie, no cattle at some stage(s), but they didn't, they both stuck to their guns and got on with assumingly a decent plan, no different to what the Tiges laid out recently:thumbsu:.

A recognition that no, we won't win one for a year or two, but let's at least invest in having a crack down the track.

It would seem to me that Belco must be back to where they were at the start of last year, they haven't a solid brick to build on yet.

And ps, Dugger should be spelt Dagger from now on!!!!!

Anyone know what happened to Mt Gravatt player Daniel Savage he appears to have fallen off the planet?

Sav did not strap the boots on this year, he was not enjoying his footy apparently so he reconed he needed a break, hope he comes back next year as he sure can play and I am sure the Vultures would love him back in the nest, not only is he a very good player he is a ripping bloke as well. I hope he is missing footy as much as footy is missing him.

The belco saga is an interesting one, couldn't have happened to a better club. The way their players and management carry on truly shows a lack of respect for any other club in the comp - evidenced by the way their players/supporters gloat on here when they are winning but have absolutely nothing to say when times are tough.

I've always believed that you really see what people are like when times are tough, whether it be in football or life in general. We have had a good look into how the belconnen players and management handle tough times and they are rubbish. I can honestly say that from my dealings with a range of people in the Canberra comp, I have managed to have meaningful and civilised conversations with members of every team, with the exception of belconnen. Their culture and attitude is horrible.

I thought that horney was a decent bloke from what I had seen and heard about him. I'm glad he got in first because he didn't deserve to be treated the way he was. I personally couldn't be happier that they are sitting last, and with the way they are handling things, they could be there for a while, which makes
me even happier. Good times ahead.

Apparently Dugger Read has told people that he has tried to contact Horney on several occassions without success but my information is he has not rung him once.

In fact not one person from an official capacity out Belconnen has bothered to make contact with Horney, although several players have.

More to come soon I am sure!

The belco saga is an interesting one, couldn't have happened to a better club. The way their players and management carry on truly shows a lack of respect for any other club in the comp - evidenced by the way their players/supporters gloat on here when they are winning but have absolutely nothing to say when times are tough.

I've always believed that you really see what people are like when times are tough, whether it be in football or life in general. We have had a good look into how the belconnen players and management handle tough times and they are rubbish. I can honestly say that from my dealings with a range of people in the Canberra comp, I have managed to have meaningful and civilised conversations with members of every team, with the exception of belconnen. Their culture and attitude is horrible.

I thought that horney was a decent bloke from what I had seen and heard about him. I'm glad he got in first because he didn't deserve to be treated the way he was. I personally couldn't be happier that they are sitting last, and with the way they are handling things, they could be there for a while, which makes
me even happier. Good times ahead.

this :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

Looks like the Read Empire is in full swing as past players and supporters where invited to a BBQ at training last night (something that could have been done many weeks ago)

When Horney took over, apparently the club wanted him to bring Culture & Discipline back to the club and have them once again the benchmark.....now it appears that the main focus is the club to be a fun place to be around.

Brock Weston takes over the reins. Now my mail is that Brock is a yes man, so it will be interesting who has the real say around the selection table.

I personally would have liked Bubba to put his reputation on the line and take the top job because he won the flag that Steve Maher built (an opinion shared by quite a few in ACT football circles) so it would have been nice to see him have a go from scratch.

One interesting invitee to the BBQ was Rhys McAllister who was the cause of some grief before leaving.

My mail is he did not believe he needed to follow the same training as the other players or come under the same scrutiny as the rest of the group. Now back when the direction was discipline and culture this was frowned upon as it sent a bad example to the young players, but now that fun is the new direction, all seems to be forgotten.

Another interesting twist to the tale.

Also interesting how not one person has come on here to defend the Magpies, only those who appear extremely pleased with the goings on.

Til I hear more :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know the Magpies website states Lalor has taken the role as reserves coach but a source of mine has told me it will be Bubba doing the coaching.

Apparently Bubba was at training last night taking the drills and barking instructions.

Rumour is he will also play 2nds as he wants to break the clubs game record.

Read into this what you will ;)

I know the Magpies website states Lalor has taken the role as reserves coach but a source of mine has told me it will be Bubba doing the coaching.

Apparently Bubba was at training last night taking the drills and barking instructions.

Rumour is he will also play 2nds as he wants to break the clubs game record.

Read into this what you will ;)

Don't know what the games record is or who holds it out there, but I don't see why he'd need to play second grade to beat it. He's been running round in canberra districts most of the year.

Gungahlin to build their depth out of all this turmoil is the way things are looking at the moment.

Don't know what the games record is or who holds it out there, but I don't see why he'd need to play second grade to beat it. He's been running round in canberra districts most of the year.

This is true but he did attempt to plead his case to then coaches who obviously told him he was not the future of the club.

And if he is going to coach them then.....

And out of all that has been written this was your only concern...cracking post spoiler!

I dont post in here very often, but looking forward to GWS playing Tuggeranong at Greenway this week.

Hopefully this time Folau will play, as he was injured the last time I had the chance to see the Giants play.

I am foundation member also, so I get free admission.

Will feel strange barracking against the Hawks, but then I haven't seen Tuggeranong play for many years now. I used to play juniors for them too when they were the Lions and Bulldogs.

Yes, I am one of those fans who turned off the ACTAFL over a decade ago.

No.... I get paid per BF post.
LMAO.
Nice response mate.
If you did get paid by the response you would be well off and 99.99% of what you post turns out to be spot on the money.
Will be very interesting to watch the Tigers this week, an absolute must win if they are any chance (very slim) of making the finals.

Been following this with interest as we play Belco this week. Sucked in to them for this trouble, couldn’t happen to a nicer bunch. My mail is that Horne was trouble at Weston Creek and Tuggers which is why they both axed him. Any posters from those clubs want to add to the conversation?

Probably says a lot about “Dagger” that they didn’t do their homework on him to start with. there is obviously someone out at Belco feeding ABH mail, but i am surprised Horney’s going to Nieso every 5 mins with the latest update as well. Says a lot about the bloke.

Back to the footy - I hope our boys haven’t been reading into this website as we seem to struggle with the Magpies and we want to be continuing our winning ways. Despite Nieso’s comments I doubt they are in trouble. Its funny in the past when either AFC or Belco has dominated the comp, there has usually been an upset during the year so Crook, Flemo and Touhy had better be rock solid across that half back line and give us plenty of rebound. I don’t think the ladder will matter tomorrow. Belco have shown us in the past that when we get ahead of ourselves they can bring us crashing back to earth pretty quickly.

Hopefully a sunny one out at Manuka tomorrow for a good heritage round clash.

Been following this with interest as we play Belco this week. Sucked in to them for this trouble, couldn’t happen to a nicer bunch. My mail is that Horne was trouble at Weston Creek and Tuggers which is why they both axed him. Any posters from those clubs want to add to the conversation?

Probably says a lot about “Dagger” that they didn’t do their homework on him to start with. there is obviously someone out at Belco feeding ABH mail, but i am surprised Horney’s going to Nieso every 5 mins with the latest update as well. Says a lot about the bloke.

Back to the footy - I hope our boys haven’t been reading into this website as we seem to struggle with the Magpies and we want to be continuing our winning ways. Despite Nieso’s comments I doubt they are in trouble. Its funny in the past when either AFC or Belco has dominated the comp, there has usually been an upset during the year so Crook, Flemo and Touhy had better be rock solid across that half back line and give us plenty of rebound. I don’t think the ladder will matter tomorrow. Belco have shown us in the past that when we get ahead of ourselves they can bring us crashing back to earth pretty quickly.

Hopefully a sunny one out at Manuka tomorrow for a good heritage round clash.

If all that has been revealed about the goings on out there does not equal trouble then I don't know what does.

Sounds like your toning this down down to avoid possible embarrassment on the weekend. Can't see it for mine as your boys are to good ATM.

And as for your comment about when AFC and Belconnen dominate the comp an upset has occurred...gee wiz, 1 flag since 1997 and you claim to be in the same class as Belconnen during their winning period. Maybe pre 97 but hardly since apart from last season. Again trying to provide a possible excuse if you get beaten.

As for pointing the finger at Horney for running to me every 5 minutes best you have another guess. I have informants all over the place. You would be surprised at what people are happy to share.

Remove this Banner Ad

Eastern Conference - 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Back