Eastern Conference - 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

LMAO.
Nice response mate.
If you did get paid by the response you would be well off and 99.99% of what you post turns out to be spot on the money.
Will be very interesting to watch the Tigers this week, an absolute must win if they are any chance (very slim) of making the finals.

Yeh cheers mate but I do OK financially regardless, anyways my posting on here is usually outside business hours except the other day when I was home nursing my sick lads.

As for the credit on what I post, I cant take the credit as what I write is usually stuff that I already know is fact or information that people have provided, nothing is just made up to stir the pot.

Good luck to the Tigers on the weekend, unfortunately I cant make but please play Eastlake the way they hate...in close, man them up, play 1 on 1 all over the ground unless Tigers have the ball and when you get the chance to put them to the ground, do it and do it well. They don't like playing tough football!

As for finals, I think that horse bolted the last time we played them unfortunately given the tough run home.

Yeh cheers mate but I do OK financially regardless, anyways my posting on here is usually outside business hours except the other day when I was home nursing my sick lads.

As for the credit on what I post, I cant take the credit as what I write is usually stuff that I already know is fact or information that people have provided, nothing is just made up to stir the pot.

Good luck to the Tigers on the weekend, unfortunately I cant make but please play Eastlake the way they hate...in close, man them up, play 1 on 1 all over the ground unless Tigers have the ball and when you get the chance to put them to the ground, do it and do it well. They don't like playing tough football!

As for finals, I think that horse bolted the last time we played them unfortunately given the tough run home.

If i recall rightly I remember listening to one of your calls on QBN FM against Tuggers and one of the stats was QBN only having 12 tackles for the game. I don't think this reflects 1 on 1 footy as being a strength for QBN so if i was Eastlake I wouldn't be too worried about this strategy. Maybe they should just worry about not kicking it back to Eastlake multiple times.

If i recall rightly I remember listening to one of your calls on QBN FM against Tuggers and one of the stats was QBN only having 12 tackles for the game. I don't think this reflects 1 on 1 footy as being a strength for QBN so if i was Eastlake I wouldn't be too worried about this strategy. Maybe they should just worry about not kicking it back to Eastlake multiple times.

He was saying he hopes they play like that this time, not that they did last time.. Pretty well known fact that eastlake aren't hard at the footy and prefer to chip it around. Eastlake were extremely undisciplined last week against ainslie, as soon as the heat is on they all go missing.. They are good at talking themselves up though.

Yep thats a fair call jigsaw. I called that game and the Tigers defensively at times this season have been poor.

But I still believe its the game plan to beat Eastlake. Its up to the players to listen to instruction.

INFORMATION REQUESTED:
Just wondering how Lucas O'Neill is tracking at Ainslie F.C

Moved to ACT with family at end of 2008 and was one of the better juniors in Southern Tasmania as a U/15 kid.

Played i think in the NSW/ACT Rams U/16's in 2009 and didn't make state squad in U/18's in 2011.

Had matured early and not sure of how he physically developed (mainly height).

However the kid could play and i thought he may be a chance for GWS or Swans. From Tassie this appears slim.

But would love an update on how he is going.:thumbsu:

If all that has been revealed about the goings on out there does not equal trouble then I don't know what does.

Sounds like your toning this down down to avoid possible embarrassment on the weekend. Can't see it for mine as your boys are to good ATM.

And as for your comment about when AFC and Belconnen dominate the comp an upset has occurred...gee wiz, 1 flag since 1997 and you claim to be in the same class as Belconnen during their winning period. Maybe pre 97 but hardly since apart from last season. Again trying to provide a possible excuse if you get beaten.

As for pointing the finger at Horney for running to me every 5 minutes best you have another guess. I have informants all over the place. You would be surprised at what people are happy to share.

A bit high are you some sort of pin head? How would anyone know weather dugga read has tried to contact horney other then horney himself? of course he has been running to you.

You aren't the only person to have football contacts and I was reminded by a few eastlake mates as to the reason why he got out of there as well. I'll stick by my statement that he has left a few clubs under trying circumstances. Again happy to hear otherwise from some at tuggers or creek if they want to offer different opinion.

As for dominating comps mate I've been around Canberra footy a while, (longer then 94) and belco used to bother us in the 90's when we were up and about. I know alot of our blokes hated going to jamison in those days. Similarly we nearly always grabbed a game or 2 off them each season in their purple patch.

However belconnen weren't great today and hughesy, crook, walks were too good. Ghobers good against his old club and we were missing our no.1 ruck man. The game lacked feeling of contests earlier this year for some reason.

A bit high are you some sort of pin head? How would anyone know weather dugga read has tried to contact horney other then horney himself? of course he has been running to you.

:p:p...Pinhead, have not heard that since High School...thanks for that!

So Dugger could not have mentioned this to many individuals and someone in that collective group went with this to Horney who then denied it happening and that someone came to me...Ok, at least your looking at all the possibilities

Dont bore me with your dribble:thumbsdown:

He was saying he hopes they play like that this time, not that they did last time.. Pretty well known fact that eastlake aren't hard at the footy and prefer to chip it around. Eastlake were extremely undisciplined last week against ainslie, as soon as the heat is on they all go missing.. They are good at talking themselves up though.

QBN hit the front early in the last qtr, guess you could say the heat is on.. Eastlake kick away and win by 6 goals.. Good on you carrot lamp, really hit that one on the head..

QBN hit the front early in the last qtr, guess you could say the heat is on.. Eastlake kick away and win by 6 goals.. Good on you carrot lamp, really hit that one on the head..
Have never seen a more disgusting display of umpiring in my life!!!!!!
Queanbeyan were their own worst enemy with turnovers that killed them and Eastlake always looked likely to run away with the game but what had been a very ordinary display up till the Tigers evened up the score became downright "cheating".
Its not how many or where the free kicks are paid but almost worse is when they not paid.
Numbers "33 and 37" wouldn't even bother to try and find out their names put on a display that almost defies words to describe them. If I get a card for this I don't give a rats, but if these 2 are in the best we have got then maybe some money needs to be spent on getting better ones.

I couldn't make yesterday's game, but I'm getting mail that the umpiring standard was "ordinary, to say the least."

That said I was at Manuka on Saturday and I thought it was one of the better displays I'd seen by them this year, not sure on the coincedence but I think there might have been two Sydney boys amongst them and one umpire looked suspiciously like Lee Fisher, but a reasonable game by them, funny how a game seems to flow better without one particular umpire involved! Although, as per usual a north west spectator or two were convinced it was a conspiracy to kick the premier club.

On the Belco vs Ainslie, it was reasonably tight for a good period, but you felt Ainslie always had Belco's measure. When they did kick away in the late part of the third and last quarter there was a fair bit of finger pointing and body language going on. Enough to suggest it is not as happy as the top brass would like us to believe.

The 3/4 time huddle for Belco was an interseting spectacle, not a whole heap of interest in the message or enthusiasm to at least play it out and keep the heads up.

I was watching wondering if there is any relationship in the Pup putting more cash and energies into GWS than concentrating on Belconnen itself recently and a few of the former underlings getting a little bit ahead of themselves?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You aren't the only person to have football contacts and I was reminded by a few eastlake mates as to the reason why he got out of there as well. I'll stick by my statement that he has left a few clubs under trying circumstances. Again happy to hear otherwise from some at tuggers or creek if they want to offer different opinion.

As for dominating comps mate I've been around Canberra footy a while, (longer then 94) and belco used to bother us in the 90's when we were up and about. I know alot of our blokes hated going to jamison in those days. Similarly we nearly always grabbed a game or 2 off them each season in their purple patch.

However belconnen weren't great today and hughesy, crook, walks were too good. Ghobers good against his old club and we were missing our no.1 ruck man. The game lacked feeling of contests earlier this year for some reason.

Hi there,

I used to pop on to this site once or twice a month for a bit of a laugh but..I find it incredible that someone can come on here under an alias and simply make things up about someone without any evidence or reasoning.

Im not 12 years old so thought I would use my own name if thats ok.

AFC 2 ( whoever you are ) .... it seems to me that all your posts arent really pro Ainslie but more anti Qybn & anti Michael Neisen, Id suggest you are not actually from that club and have a link with BMFC. You never really go as far to bag BMFC so for an AFC person that seems strange.

To set the record straight... I left Weston Creek after being approached by Mark Copley from Eastlake at National Carnival in 1998 and played there until 2005, Steve Mahar approached me to leave Eastlake as a player turning 35 to help him on coaching staff at BMFC back in 2006 after Nathan Clarke wanted to push younger players through at EFC. Which I respected and had the same philosiphy as a coach myself. I loved my time with Mahary,Knowlsey & co. at BMFC in 2006/7 before being approached by Tuggies to coach their seniors which is why i returned to BMFC this year.

The Tuggies stint was enjoyable and rewarding working with a young group but the board felt after 2 years it was time to move on, which at the time after putting in so much time and effort and 100% was a difficult decision to swallow. Gormo is doing a fantastic job with that group now and I can see many kids 4 years ago I put faith in turn into great senior players. Thats footy and we move on.

Im certainly no Ron Barrassi or Yabbie Jeans but I always put 100% in for my footy club as a player and a coach so Im not sure what you are alluding to about being trouble??? Every club has personalities and some dont get on ...

There is also many cases of defamation linked with Big Footy across australia so feel free to continue to make up stories and attack me if you like... I think it shows what type of person you are if you hide behind an alias and make up stories and name a real person on a forum to be read by many involved in our football community

Good luck to you ( and to your club ..... whichever one it is )

cheers

Horny

Yeah, the heat must have really been on if eastlake could kick away and win by 6 goals against an inexperienced qbn side sitting second last. Must have been a different eastlake I was thinking of that are a bunch of downhill skiers. My mistake.

**snip**
To set the record straight... I left Weston Creek after being approached by Mark Copley from Eastlake at National Carnival in 1998 and played there until 2005, Steve Mahar approached me to leave Eastlake as a player turning 35 to help him on coaching staff at BMFC back in 2006 after Nathan Clarke wanted to push younger players through at EFC. Which I respected and had the same philosiphy as a coach myself. I loved my time with Mahary,Knowlsey & co. at BMFC in 2006/7 before being approached by Tuggies to coach their seniors which is why i returned to BMFC this year.

The Tuggies stint was enjoyable and rewarding working with a young group but the board felt after 2 years it was time to move on, which at the time after putting in so much time and effort and 100% was a difficult decision to swallow. Gormo is doing a fantastic job with that group now and I can see many kids 4 years ago I put faith in turn into great senior players. Thats footy and we move on.

Im certainly no Ron Barrassi or Yabbie Jeans but I always put 100% in for my footy club as a player and a coach so Im not sure what you are alluding to about being trouble??? Every club has personalities and some dont get on ...

cheers

Horny

Having spoken to a couple of players from both Tuggies and Belco, they speak highly of you.

If you want/like a challenge, you should approach the Jets about heading up the Div 2 side, should the opportunity arise :D

Hi there,

I used to pop on to this site once or twice a month for a bit of a laugh but..I find it incredible that someone can come on here under an alias and simply make things up about someone without any evidence or reasoning.

Im not 12 years old so thought I would use my own name if thats ok.

AFC 2 ( whoever you are ) .... it seems to me that all your posts arent really pro Ainslie but more anti Qybn & anti Michael Neisen, Id suggest you are not actually from that club and have a link with BMFC. You never really go as far to bag BMFC so for an AFC person that seems strange.

There is also many cases of defamation linked with Big Footy across australia so feel free to continue to make up stories and attack me if you like... I think it shows what type of person you are if you hide behind an alias and make up stories and name a real person on a forum to be read by many involved in our football community

Good luck to you ( and to your club ..... whichever one it is )

cheers

Horny

well said horny stick it up em!!!

Having spoken to a couple of players from both Tuggies and Belco, they speak highly of you.

If you want/like a challenge, you should approach the Jets about heading up the Div 2 side, should the opportunity arise :D

Good stuff Michael it sounds like you are at peace with your playing and coaching career which is great.

I only have limited access to a computer so really only check this site when we do our pays at work or end of month for bills so don't think I am on it all the time either.

There is a reason why everybody's post, not just mine end up battling A Bit High and that is because he is the only person on the site and is very combative in any conversation. It's also the reason why there is a separate 3rd grade site, and the reason why there are 160 odd posts on here and 10 times that on northern conference site.

To explain my situation 1 of our old boys who works with Kav told me a story regarding QBN and the departure of their coach a few weeks ago. The rumor has been confirmed by afl Canberra people who I speak too, so I guess it's fact. And yet I still don't post it because it doesn't serve Canberra football well and smells bad. Maybe I support ABH more then you realize, but to do that means I don't post it.

AFC2 I hardly think having a differing opinion is combative do you?

Granted I have strong opinions but generally only post things in here that

a. Are fact
or
b. Are a rumour that I have been told

Some can handle it and some cant and then there are some who only jump on here when their side is winning.

Should I stop posting on here AFC2 to help drive the thread onto bigger and better things??

On one hand you inadvertently say I am the reason the thread is dead, then you go on and say that maybe you support me more than Horney knows....which is it because it cant be both or have I misread your post?

I can honestly say that many that I know disappeared from this site due to posters from the North who constantly came on talking tripe and goating people while their team were winning. Funnily enough they seem to have fallen off the planet this season.

Also there is a seperate Div 3 thread, because it is a different competition and deserves its own wouldn't you think?

With talk of this thread being so quite..

I don't want to get into tit for tat type stuff but common sense would suggest if someone on the internet is thought to be talking tripe, ignore them and move on.. maybe start up constructive discussion??

Just on Div 3 etc....
For the clubs with Div 1&2, what is the relationship like with the Div 3/4 components of their club?

I may be coming back to Canberra mid next year and was looking at clubs to play for. I looked at Eastlake's site (just as an example) last night and they have the main site for the premier divisions but a whole separate site on what seems to be a different URL and host for Div 3/4.

When I was in Canberra and with the few training sessions with the Jets, it was mentioned that other clubs are divided between the divisions. Do the Div 2 tend to have many fringe players down in Div 3?

(happy for any correction on the above, just a query)

Cheers.

I can speak from a little bit of experience at ainslie, that the relationship between the 1s,2s and 3s has improved substantially in the last few years as a result of much effort by the playing and coaching staff. It is still very much a work in progress, and is often hard with the games usually played on alternate days. But all grades are always invited to presentations and club functions, and attendance is pretty good across all grades, including the women. The top four or five players from the 3rds regularly play 2nds, but there is also a group of players in 3rds who are only there to play 3rds and have a good time, which is fine too. Can't say much about the other clubs though.

As for the rest of the season and the lack of activity in here, what are peoples thoughts on the following:

Who will play in finals
Who'll win this weekend
Who'll win the premiership

My guesses:

Swans v ainslie, GWS v eastlake week one
Swans v GWS week 2
GWS v ainslie
Ainslie premiers.

Sydney's season looks very similar to last year, and I think they'll struggle come finals time. I think GWS will be pretty tough to beat, but they are young and might be a bit tired/overwhelmed by the grand final.

This weekend:

Thunder by 30
Southport by 100 (sorry qbn, but they look good)
Swans by 60
Eastlake by 10.

Anyone else have any differing thoughts?

Cheers Carrot. :thumbsu:

Think I might just drop past some training sessions at different clubs when I come back. Will be dependant on where I am living mind you. Hopefully North side again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Eastern Conference - 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Back