Eastern Conference - 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Good stuff Michael it sounds like you are at peace with your playing and coaching career which is great.

I only have limited access to a computer so really only check this site when we do our pays at work or end of month for bills so don't think I am on it all the time either.

There is a reason why everybody's post, not just mine end up battling A Bit High and that is because he is the only person on the site and is very combative in any conversation. It's also the reason why there is a separate 3rd grade site, and the reason why there are 160 odd posts on here and 10 times that on northern conference site.

To explain my situation 1 of our old boys who works with Kav told me a story regarding QBN and the departure of their coach a few weeks ago. The rumor has been confirmed by afl Canberra people who I speak too, so I guess it's fact. And yet I still don't post it because it doesn't serve Canberra football well and smells bad. Maybe I support ABH more then you realize, but to do that means I don't post it.

What is the story regarding the departure of the Queenbeyan coach? Is it contrary to the information that the club released at the time he left?

What is the story regarding the departure of the Queanbeyan coach? Is it contrary to the information that the club released at the time he left?
What are you inferring Stable?
Rod was having health issues and the advice was to remove the stress from his life. I would say that coaching any team is stressful and he reluctantly stepped aside.
If you think you know different then please feel free to share.

What are you inferring Stable?
Rod was having health issues and the advice was to remove the stress from his life. I would say that coaching any team is stressful and he reluctantly stepped aside.
If you think you know different then please feel free to share.

Sorry one 4 the road, i was reffering to the quote by AFC 2. in that quote he mentions that an old boy (who ever that is) had told a different story on the removal of the Queanbeyan coach from kav???

i was hoping AFC 2 or someone from Queanbeyan might shed some light on this?

obvously you dont have anything to add but maybe some one else does? i have a younger brother finishing at Marist and he was going to head that way.

Sorry one 4 the road, i was reffering to the quote by AFC 2. in that quote he mentions that an old boy (who ever that is) had told a different story on the removal of the Queanbeyan coach from kav???

i was hoping AFC 2 or someone from Queanbeyan might shed some light on this?

obvously you dont have anything to add but maybe some one else does? i have a younger brother finishing at Marist and he was going to head that way.
No worries Stable.
I am like you now, I re read AFC2's post and see what you mean.
The floor is yours AFC2, can't wait for it, I know you said you don't on too often but when you do I would love to know what smells bad.
My mail comes from a very very reliable source (might even be the man himself), but don't quote me.
Tell your brother to come on down, there is a few other Marist boys at the club and he would be warmly welcomed.

I spoke directly with Rod O'Riely also and people involved with the club and I have no reason to doubt anything I was told.

Come on down AFC2

Surely the thread hasnt stopped waiting for me to get back onto a computer? with our guys 2 weeks out from finals and playing QBN this week i am loathe to get on here and bring any undue attention to us regarding the previous coaching position at Queanbeyan. We are getting everybody back from injury so this week will be a good hit out accross those 2 grades as we are just about full strength in both grades. hopefully our improvement can gather some momentum leading into swans and then finals.

anyway rather then me blurt out what is fact, i might ask Michael Goisier to have some input. i know as fact that there was more reasons at play then O'Rielly's health in his departure from QBN. Michael will know more and he has always been respected for his input on this forum and i beleive if he stays true to his word might just confirm what i have danced around on here since the start of the month.

Good stuff Michael it sounds like you are at peace with your playing and coaching career which is great.

I only have limited access to a computer so really only check this site when we do our pays at work or end of month for bills so don't think I am on it all the time either.

There is a reason why everybody's post, not just mine end up battling A Bit High and that is because he is the only person on the site and is very combative in any conversation. It's also the reason why there is a separate 3rd grade site, and the reason why there are 160 odd posts on here and 10 times that on northern conference site.

To explain my situation 1 of our old boys who works with Kav told me a story regarding QBN and the departure of their coach a few weeks ago. The rumor has been confirmed by afl Canberra people who I speak too, so I guess it's fact. And yet I still don't post it because it doesn't serve Canberra football well and smells bad. Maybe I support ABH more then you realize, but to do that means I don't post it.

AFC2 I hardly think having a differing opinion is combative do you?

Granted I have strong opinions but generally only post things in here that

a. Are fact
or
b. Are a rumour that I have been told

Some can handle it and some cant and then there are some who only jump on here when their side is winning.

Should I stop posting on here AFC2 to help drive the thread onto bigger and better things??

On one hand you inadvertently say I am the reason the thread is dead, then you go on and say that maybe you support me more than Horney knows....which is it because it cant be both or have I misread your post?

I can honestly say that many that I know disappeared from this site due to posters from the North who constantly came on talking tripe and goating people while their team were winning. Funnily enough they seem to have fallen off the planet this season.

Also there is a seperate Div 3 thread, because it is a different competition and deserves its own wouldn't you think?

I am still waiting on your reply to the above however...

As I stated, if I stop posting will this thread thrive...the last week or 2 shows otherwise!

I am still waiting on your reply to the above however...

As I stated, if I stop posting will this thread thrive...the last week or 2 shows otherwise!

You asked me to "come on down" and respond to your discussion with o'reilly. I did that!

I like most others on here understand my above written post and I'll wait for Michael goisier to reply regarding the dismissal of o'reilly. However I offered 3 ways for this thread to progress.

1. Was talking about ainslie v QBN this weekend
2. Finals footy coming up
3. Was talking about QBN coaching dismissal of o'reilly

All of these relate to footy or footy related topics.

Instead you want to talk about you controlling the thread. M. Horne asked why my posts relate to you and your reply above explains it... This thread is all about A Bit High

No AFC2 prior to "come on down"

I just want you to explain this comment thats all....you made it and I would like it explained, plain and simple.

"There is a reason why everybody's post, not just mine end up battling A Bit High and that is because he is the only person on the site and is very combative in any conversation. It's also the reason why there is a separate 3rd grade site, and the reason why there are 160 odd posts on here and 10 times that on northern conference site."

Great news for the Tigers with Kav signing for next season.

Tigers need the sort of commitment they had in the 1st half against the Swans when they take on AFC2's Tricolours.

If they can produce that for the whole game we will have a match on our hands.....

Hey AFC2, if your at the game please come up and introduce yourself

The above is good news for the Tigers. With such a young group the club needs a few older heads to help guide them in the future.
Agree with you ABH if the boys can put in the same effort as they did last week then we will have a game on our hands.

AFC2, I too asked for more info as I have spoken to Rod himself and its all personal stuff but if you "KNOW" different then lets hear it, it wont distract from whats going on on the field but we all like to know everything.

Wouldn't have said this before but congrats to the Belco boys and Paul Raadts for the assistance they rendered last week on there way to the game in Wagga. Probably not the greatest thing to ever see but well done guys.:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have spoken to Kav also and he told me he knows nothing so either he is lying to me or one of your old boys is lying to you.

The above is good news for the Tigers. With such a young group the club needs a few older heads to help guide them in the future.
Agree with you ABH if the boys can put in the same effort as they did last week then we will have a game on our hands.

AFC2, I too asked for more info as I have spoken to Rod himself and its all personal stuff but if you "KNOW" different then lets hear it, it wont distract from whats going on on the field but we all like to know everything.

Wouldn't have said this before but congrats to the Belco boys and Paul Raadts for the assistance they rendered last week on there way to the game in Wagga. Probably not the greatest thing to ever see but well done guys.:thumbsu:

What occurred One 4?

I like most others on here understand my above written post and I'll wait for Michael goisier to reply regarding the dismissal of o'reilly.

Sorry AFC2 (and avid Big Footy readers) I haven't looked at this site for a few days.

Firstly, I can absolutely confirm that Rod was not dismissed and there are absolutely no suspicious circumstances behind his departure.

He made the difficult decision to stand down for personal reasons. I'm not going to go into all the details but what I can say is that he had a fall earlier in the year and sustained a serious head knock. He joked about it at the time, relating how he'd spent hours in the Emergency Department after injuring his knee, and then only moments after being released out one door he was wheeled back in another after collapsing outside.

Although making light of it at the time, the seriousness of the head knock became apparent in the following weeks. He also required knee surgery.

Rod was bitterly disappointed at the situation. He wasn't coaching at his best and was very apologetic that he hadn't come to the decision to stand down earlier.

The opportunity to coach alongside Rod was the reason I returned to the Tigers. I too was disappointed at the outcome, but Rod's health is more important than footy and I applaud him for showing the strength he did in making the difficult decision.

I hope this closes the book on discussion and rumours about Rod's departure.

On a positive note, good to see Jason Tutt get his opportunity with the Bulldogs. I hope he's practiced running onto the ground (see: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85GpXd-EfWY

Cheers,
Gois

What occurred One 4?
A car passed the bus carrying the Belco team and it then rolled and the guys stopped and rendered assistance. Paul actually pulled the girl out of the car. I know he is trained to do that sort of stuff but its not something that anyone should have to do but being in the right place at the right time the guys did a great job. Girl Ok car a write off.
Again great job:thumbsu:

lol Gois, they showed that on one of the AFL shows earlier this year.

I was wondering when he was going to get a run, he did well in the Foxtel cup for the W'town side. Good luck to him.

Pretty watchable game at DFP yesterday between the Tigers and Tricolours.

Thought the Tigers had a red hot go against a side that may have come to the game expecting an easy outing. Not sure Rourke would have been overly impressed with some of his players application in the first 3/4's in particular.

But that might be doing an injustice to the Tigers who played with aggression, skill and a desire that is required to match it with the competitions best sides.

Right from the first bounce...or was it the following throw up, not sure as the umpires bouncing was terrible, in fact I don't criticise them at all on this site but their performance was disgraceful. Numbers 29 & 39 are not up to the standard required to umpire at this level on that performance.

As I was saying the Tigers came to play yesterday and only the class of AFC and the young Tigers running out of petrol tickets in the last term prevented an upset win.

For the good guys it was easy to find better players - Griggs, Jolliffe, Quade, Conroy, Daniel, Jensen, Slater and Jaques were amongst the best and for Ainslie it was a little tougher to find 3 and 4 quarter performers. Walker did a very good job on Kav, although Kav was not treated very well by the muppets in green and could/should have had numerous free kicks for scragging, blocking and obstruction.

Crook, Holmes, Harris and Shirley played well in patches. And Hughes put in a match winning cameo in the final term.

All and all an encouraging performance from the Tigers who over the last month or so have provided signs of hope for their supporters. The next step is to play with that intensity for 4 quarters.

James Bennet to coach the Magpies in 2012??

Thats the mail from my informant out North.

Despite the club advertising the coaching role on local websites apparently this deal was done around 6-8 weeks ago.

This might makes sense as apparently the club has had no national advertising or press for the position plus the 2 week application window.

Rumour has it that JB was given a big, big offer to take the reins as he will return from SA to study.

My informant also believes this may well have been in motion during pre season 2011 and that its quite possible that the club put the cue in the rack financially with a plan to undermine coaches to make it easier for their removal at seasons end.

James Bennet to coach the Magpies in 2012??

..................... with a plan to undermine coaches to make it easier for their removal at seasons end.

Plausible explanation there, ABH. I wonder if Dad will stay in the Box?

You're right about yesterday's DFP umpiring, those nominated two just not up to it, particularly the mop-top black hair, influenced by the crowd, even if it was to the "home" advantange, but not something we need as a good League.

Remove this Banner Ad

Eastern Conference - 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Back