Eastern Conference - 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Plausible explanation there, ABH. I wonder if Dad will stay in the Box?

You're right about yesterday's DFP umpiring, those nominated two just not up to it, particularly the mop-top black hair, influenced by the crowd, even if it was to the "home" advantange, but not something we need as a good League.

I strongly believe they were very anti Qbn, maybe not on purpose, but Ainslie definitely got the rub of the green by a country mile.

my 30 players in line for team of the year selection:

Tuggers

Dave Smith
Daniel Johnson
Ben Cleaver
Ash Pocock

Eastlake

Chad Gibson
Dean Roulstone
Aaron Bruce
Hayden Armstrong
Mitch Frail

Belco

John Love
Simon Curtis
Andrew Dess

Ainslie

Marcus Crook
Ben Hughes
David Tow
Jason Flemming
Rob Tuhoey
Rob Shirley

Sydney

Jarred Moore
Trent Dennis-Lane
Dylan McNeil
Nathan Gordon
Lewis Johnston

GWS

Jonathon Giles
Stephen Clifton
Dylan Shiel
Jeremy Cameron

QBN

James Kavanagh
Todd Dickinson
Ryan Quade

Top 5 for Mulrooney

Bruce (Eastlake)
Moore (Sydney)
Smith (Tugg)
Crook (Ainslie)
Giles (GWS)

I think someone from Belco or QBN would struggle to win it.

my 30 players in line for team of the year selection:

Top 5 for Mulrooney

Bruce (Eastlake)
Moore (Sydney)
Smith (Tugg)
Crook (Ainslie)
Giles (GWS)

I think someone from Belco or QBN would struggle to win it.

All pretty Close I'd agree. jigsaw. For the Mulrooney, I think Dennis-Lane up with Moore, same for Frail and I reckon Walker from Ainslie might jump up with a few. Big Ryan might surprise too. But I think Giles will get it.

Who'd be the faves for the co-coaching jobs at Tigerland? ABH, any inklings?

All pretty Close I'd agree. jigsaw. For the Mulrooney, I think Dennis-Lane up with Moore, same for Frail and I reckon Walker from Ainslie might jump up with a few. Big Ryan might surprise too. But I think Giles will get it.

Who'd be the faves for the co-coaching jobs at Tigerland? ABH, any inklings?

No idea TBH Watcher, its something they will address in the post season once they do the season review.

Youd reckon 1 & 2 would go through on the Saturday to keep a weeks break til Prelim!
Hmm good point. Bugger, it will clash with the Swans-Lions game at the SCG then.

can someopne tell me why swans ressies play 1 more game than everyone else? Have to be a world first wouldn't it, to have a team play more games than the rest?

Nope, cant help you, then again they, the Swans, think the League is here to make sure theyre happy.

There are some things in this league that arent explainable, draw, fixture, umpires advisors wanting us to wear netball bibs, Swans/GWS having a huge say, tribunal over reactions, kids umpiring thinking theyre the show ...............

Im ranting, it must be bourbon and frustration!

The draw has the "First Semi-Final" on the Sunday and the "Second Semi-Final" on the Saturday. The First Semi would be teams 1 and 2 ? Sydney v Ainslie?

Traditionally first semi relates to 3 v 4 and second semi is 1 v 2 and the second semi is played first (on the saturday) dont ask me why it is, but that is how it has been named in the past.....

can someopne tell me why swans ressies play 1 more game than everyone else? Have to be a world first wouldn't it, to have a team play more games than the rest?
20 playing rounds, 7 teams. 6 teams get 3 byes and 1 has to get 2 byes. The Swans probably requested they get the extra game because of their developmental needs. In any case, the ladder isn't ordered by points but by % of games won.

The league could have played that extra round in Round 1 where everyone had a bye but obviously that would make too much sense.

The league could have played that extra round in Round 1 where everyone had a bye but obviously that would make too much sense.

Yep, that would make too much sense, and how on earth can you call that Round 1?

Imagine the AFL saying Round 1, 2012 - everyone has a bye, Round 2, everyone plays their first game, except XXXXX who have their second bye in a week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shame we lost our Elimination final! But we had 3 quarters of our best team out.....it was always going to happen with the injury list we had

Now with Ainslie and Eastlake being the last two non-affiliated AFL clubs left, does this mean they qualify for the Foxtel Cup again next year?

Moore and Currie share mulrooney

Was it just me or did anyone else sense a feeling of hollowness around the room when two players from sydney were anounced?
Or was it a sigh of relief that a certain someone didn't win it??
What are peoples thoughts on the team of the year?

I know the medal is awarded only by umpires opinions and the team of the year is selected from a panel of judges with expert knowledge on the game and with knowledge of statistics, but I'm sure one talking point will be how both medal winners both failed to make the cut?
any other players that stiff?Roulstone?

Was it just me or did anyone else sense a feeling of hollowness around the room when two players from sydney were anounced?
Or was it a sigh of relief that a certain someone didn't win it??
What are peoples thoughts on the team of the year?

I know the medal is awarded only by umpires opinions and the team of the year is selected from a panel of judges with expert knowledge on the game and with knowledge of statistics, but I'm sure one talking point will be how both medal winners both failed to make the cut?

Care to provide a name to this quote?

My mail from last night is that the Swans didn't nominate them!!!

Team of the Year.

B: Rob Tuohey (Ainslie), Jack Hombsch (GWS), Mitch Frail (Eastlake)
HB: David Smith (Tuggeranong), Simon Curtis (Belconnen), Dale Walker (Ainslie)
C: Marcus Crook (Ainslie), Rob Shirley (Ainslie), Aaron Wiles (Eastlake)
HF: Aaron Bruce (Eastlake), Ben Hughes (Ainslie), Nathan Gordon (Sydney)
F: James Kavanagh (Queanbeyan), Trent Dennis-Lane (Sydney), Nick Paine (Ainslie)
Foll: Jonathon Giles (GWS), Dylan Shiel (GWS), Ben Cleaver (Tuggeranong)

Int: Chad Gibson (Eastlake), Jeremy Cameron (GWS), Todd Dickinson (Queanbeyan), Kane Murphy (Sydney)

Wasn't my opinion but the general consesis of a number of ppl in attendance. Have a good think about which colourful character that opposition teams love to hate featured highly in the vote count

Cant say I know who you are refering to because of a few reasons.

1/ I was not at the count.
2/ I cant seem to find a leader board. (May I suggest that the league place on their website a club by club leaders board so we know how players went)
3/ I dont do guessing games very well.

So if you would care to put on your next post who the rumblings were about that would be appreciated or you can PM me his name.

Cheers
Nieso

Remove this Banner Ad

Eastern Conference - 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Back