Eastern FL - Division 1 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

You're a great sport ;)

Well considering last year I went to that ground to watch a game of football and umpires took complete control to assist Vermont, I think it makes a nice change (hearing they copped it in reverse)

If they get relegated, it shows that money gets you nowhere and I think that's also a nice change at local level.

Yeah it's not sporting but you know what, Vermont are filth for mine

Well considering last year I went to that ground to watch a game of football and umpires took complete control to assist Vermont, I think it makes a nice change (hearing they copped it in reverse)

If they get relegated, it shows that money gets you nowhere and I think that's also a nice change at local level.

Yeah it's not sporting but you know what, Vermont are filth for mine

Maybe if you went to the footy with the blinkers off........

As for the money you shouldn't comment on things you have no idea about, yes they have a good budget but it is not the biggest in the comp and they refuse to give players $1000 plus a game which is the reason they did not land a few big names they where chasing.
If money gets you nowhere then try telling that to Noble Park, Balwyn and Scoresby ;)

People can say what they want but the success of Vermont has been from both bringing players and bringing players through from the colts. It has not just been about money and they have also copped plenty of losses over the years from other clubs in lower divisions offering good money to the blokes playing seconds.

You can take the 26 flags and choke on them :thumbsu::)
Hope you do turn up ......

Maybe if you went to the footy with the blinkers off........

As for the money you shouldn't comment on things you have no idea about, yes they have a good budget but it is not the biggest in the comp and they refuse to give players $1000 plus a game which is the reason they did not land a few big names they where chasing.
If money gets you nowhere then try telling that to Noble Park, Balwyn and Scoresby ;)

People can say what they want but the success of Vermont has been from both bringing players and bringing players through from the colts. It has not just been about money and they have also copped plenty of losses over the years from other clubs in lower divisions offering good money to the blokes playing seconds.

You can take the 26 flags and choke on them :thumbsu::)
Hope you do turn up ......

LOL @ trying to include Scoresby with Noble Park and Balwyn. They don't have the sort of money that those 2 teams do and Vermont is the 3rd.

Noble Park, Balwyn and Vermont - the three filthy scum of the EFL

Vermont to soon be 0-6 after this weekend and no finals again :D

LOL @ trying to include Scoresby with Noble Park and Balwyn. They don't have the sort of money that those 2 teams do and Vermont is the 3rd.

Noble Park, Balwyn and Vermont - the three filthy scum of the EFL

Vermont to soon be 0-6 after this weekend and no finals again :D

So you know all:rolleyes:
Yep Vermont are spending the third most in the EFL on a list with 50% under 22. You do live in la la land. Think you will find that a few second division clubs are spending more than Vermont this season ;)

Same old boring story anyway, if a club has some success it is all about the money and nothing to do with how well the club has been run :rolleyes:
Maybe some of the non scum should be smarter !

Go back to mummy and cry about how big bad Vermont winning too much.

So you know all:rolleyes:
Yep Vermont are spending the third most in the EFL on a list with 50% under 22. You do live in la la land. Think you will find that a few second division clubs are spending more than Vermont this season ;)

Same old boring story anyway, if a club has some success it is all about the money and nothing to do with how well the club has been run :rolleyes:
Maybe some of the non scum should be smarter !

Go back to mummy and cry about how big bad Vermont winning too much.

No need to

Vermont are heading for 0-6 so they ain't winning ;)

All the sponsors seem to be there - and most of their funds come from the Wantirna Club anyway. A couple of blokes I've spoken to from other clubs have basicaly said they are sick of paying top dollar for average performers, but they are only blokes with 2nd and 3rd hand knowledge....

All the sponsors seem to be there - and most of their funds come from the Wantirna Club anyway. A couple of blokes I've spoken to from other clubs have basicaly said they are sick of paying top dollar for average performers, but they are only blokes with 2nd and 3rd hand knowledge....

Interesting maybe they have cut spending as well and invested in more kids

On the money. Have not spent as much this year as a few blokes they chased where asking massive dollars.
Missed the finals last year paying a few blokes big enough dollars so they did not go down that road again.
They have some very good young blokes in the seconds that should be good in a couple of years and there are 10 or so top age under 18 players coming through that are promising and where under 16 premiers and prelim finalist last year as well as looking like being top 3 or 4 again this year so if they can hold this bunch and find spots for them i think there will be a core to build a good side around with a few imports here and there.

It is a slightly different age now, dollars talk and coming to a successful club does not have the pull it once had. Blokes need the extra cash to pay for petrol or mortgage or whatever they spend it on.
There have been young bloke coming out of TAC Cup and one year of VFL seconds asking $600 a game :eek:

It is a slightly different age now, dollars talk and coming to a successful club does not have the pull it once had. Blokes need the extra cash to pay for petrol or mortgage or whatever they spend it on.
There have been young bloke coming out of TAC Cup and one year of VFL seconds asking $600 a game :eek:

Spot on.
They have lost the aura that attracted many to go there for less dollars than they could get elsewhere for many years. The dollars have well & truly have now taken over, & they have chosen not to attempt to compete with others on that level. They will eventually get back, but it will take a lot of hard work & time. Only need to look at the improvement of a few clubs this season to show hard work will pay off.

The petrol money/mortage line is no different to what it use to be. Unfortunatley it just says more about the current generation than anything.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ah well, guess they had to win one sooner or later.

Mulgrave to go down for definate now but being pushed all the way by the winless + 2 draw Croydon (bewildering considering 2 years ago, they were playing off in a Grand Final)

Not really bewildering. Substantial player losses off season, ridiculous injury list at present and a new coach with his own game plan to get used to. You don't have to drop off much in 1st Division to fall off the pace. Hopefully things will improve in the coming weeks.

If there is any club I like to see suffer it is Croydon. 2009 when they were going OK the arrogance and comment from both players and supporters was pathetic. They had been in 1st Div for 10 years without finals and then carried on like they were world beaters. Poor decision getting rid of Freemantle as coach. Getting Cupido and there good players left. Then a class "A" knob like blue boy going on all the time, he is an embarrassment to the club.

BTW Blueboy, what is it that you do to contribute to the club?

If there is any club I like to see suffer it is Croydon. 2009 when they were going OK the arrogance and comment from both players and supporters was pathetic. They had been in 1st Div for 10 years without finals and then carried on like they were world beaters. Poor decision getting rid of Freemantle as coach. Getting Cupido and there good players left. Then a class "A" knob like blue boy going on all the time, he is an embarrassment to the club.

BTW Blueboy, what is it that you do to contribute to the club?

Not to mention losing their best full forward then not clearing him. Absolute knobs

On the money. Have not spent as much this year as a few blokes they chased where asking massive dollars.
Missed the finals last year paying a few blokes big enough dollars so they did not go down that road again.
They have some very good young blokes in the seconds that should be good in a couple of years and there are 10 or so top age under 18 players coming through that are promising and where under 16 premiers and prelim finalist last year as well as looking like being top 3 or 4 again this year so if they can hold this bunch and find spots for them i think there will be a core to build a good side around with a few imports here and there.

$600 tell them they are dreaming. Also is it true that Matt Grieg doesn't train at all? heard he just sits in the shower for half an hour and stretches then heads off home?

$600 tell them they are dreaming. Also is it true that Matt Grieg doesn't train at all? heard he just sits in the shower for half an hour and stretches then heads off home?
Troll is troll

Not really bewildering. Substantial player losses off season, ridiculous injury list at present and a new coach with his own game plan to get used to. You don't have to drop off much in 1st Division to fall off the pace. Hopefully things will improve in the coming weeks.

Sorry but I cannot sit and cop this utter garbage that has been rolled out this year by croydon people, namely you blue boy on both forums. All you get is pissing and moaning about injuries and player movements and so on. There are other clubs with injury lists as big as yours containing prob more important players. As for player movements well you really need to ask yourself why blokes are not only leaving but walking to other clubs within the division. The overwhelming fact is that your committee chose to not only to cut Greg freemantle adrift but to replace the twos coach you had running the show last year with a bloke who previously had a mediocre coaching record at best in the ammos and division two. As for signing stupido, please don't make me laugh, the bloke had form everywhere he's been and low and behold he surprises no one by showing up as fat as a house. So enough with the bleating, you blokes made your own bed, crawl back into it.

I've heard this from vermont players

Was on the track for two hours tonight. May not do as much training as the young blokes but he gets out there and does his bit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Eastern FL - Division 1 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Back