Easton Wood

Remove this Banner Ad

He was wonderful today, just never gave up and always prepared to go hard at the ball and chase. A few players (*cough* JOSH BLOODY HILL *end cough*) could learn a thing or two from him.

His effort against Tippett at the end of the game was sensational.

But I thought for the most part today he wasn't as productive as he could have been.

Conditions aside, I think our backline had more opportunities to share the ball around and use it better than they did due to Adelaide getting numbers into our forward line a lot of the time. I don't think our backline, Wood included set us up real well.

I keep hearing about this awesome effort (although his official match stats look pretty ordinary). I'm pleased for the kid as he obviously has some ticker.

If someone gets the time could you post a YouTube of it please? I'd like a look. Thanks.

awesome effort - pressure was on - game on the line, and he stood up big time !:thumbsu::):D:p:thumbsu::):D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You could see something in him when he played his first match in our loss to the Bombers in the NAB Cup last year. There was still a lot of work to do back then, but he's developed beautifully.

The way he plays he reminds me of somebody else. Matthew Dent perhaps? Not sure.

Hopefully he gets a Rising Star nod before the end of the year.

But I thought for the most part today he wasn't as productive as he could have been.

Conditions aside, I think our backline had more opportunities to share the ball around and use it better than they did due to Adelaide getting numbers into our forward line a lot of the time. I don't think our backline, Wood included set us up real well.

Was watching at pub, what a great effort against Tippett. Did know know much about him before watching him in the Freo game, very impressive.

He's making the thought of losing Harbrow to GC that little bit better. Looks very exciting.

Having said that, I'd love to see them both running defenders back there, working in tandem.

I keep hearing about this awesome effort (although his official match stats look pretty ordinary). I'm pleased for the kid as he obviously has some ticker.

If someone gets the time could you post a YouTube of it please? I'd like a look. Thanks.

One on one with Tippet running back towards goal, kept his feet under contact while Tippet fell and allowed Wood to mop up.

Just doesn't lose his feet.

As others have stated, the one on one with Tippett was brilliant.

There was another passage of play he was isolated, on the ground with crows surrrounding and he was conscious of not holding the ball. So he let the pill go and then held it up when the crows players got his hands on it. Great decision making under pressure. Really composed player.

As others have stated, the one on one with Tippett was brilliant.

I have loved this kid from the moment I saw him play.

He is rarely beaten at 50/50 balls, always keeps his feet (pretty good for a tallish guy), very agile, balanced, goes to the right spots, good decision making, honestly, I can't fault him.

I have loved this kid from the moment I saw him play.

He is rarely beaten at 50/50 balls, always keeps his feet (pretty good for a tallish guy), very agile, balanced, goes to the right spots, good decision making, honestly, I can't fault him.

His kicking is average, I don't think he can kick at all on his left foot.

Amazing to hear the ferals boo the umpire simply because Tippett got beaten one on one by Wood and eventually fell over............second thoughts maybe the were booing Tippett?? :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Easton Wood

Remove this Banner Ad

Back