Toast Eat One Buckley Haters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get some momentum heading into finals and anything could happen.

Not this year I don't think mate. Obviously happy to be proved wrong... but we're just as likely to lose next week. I'm not getting ahead of myself. We are building and I think next year we will win more games than this year, and HOPEFULLY have less injuries!

But all it achieves is to escalate tension b/w two opinions and the next time we suffer a loss we'll see even more anti Buckley threads in retaliation. This thread is a paradox, you say your doing it to give Buckley some clear air but all it's really achieving is to give the other point of view more ammo next time we lose badly, which makes for a pretty unproductive atmosphere imo. fwiw I'm not just talking about this thread, it just seems like very week there are 2-3 "apology" thread and "roast" threads on certain players/coaches.

Nah, the fact is that people will slag off Buckley whether Buckley fans post something or not.

I'm a fan of Buckley so I'm not going to give such posters a free run at him. **** the romantics.

How much garbage have we listened to from Buckley haters this season about the superior coaching prowess of Mick over Nathan? A WHOLE ******* LOT is the answer.

Under Bucks it's two defeats this season to the Blue balls 0.

We've suffered one of the worst injury lists in recent years and Carlton came in full strength, yet we thrashed those bastards.

Swan played the best defensive games I've seen him play and Shaw was a cold faced killer.

We played Reid forward to great effect and he was a star.

And let's not forget Krakouer whose touch was so damaging.

The side doesn't play for Buckley or the jumper? Is that the argument? Well you can pull it. Massive fail from the Buckley haters.
Are you trying to get back all the 'likes' you lost when the Chief screwed up your account? Just remember that one swallow doesn't make a summer. We need to string a number of wins together. However, the fact that the game forced the boys to face their old mentor, father and friend and reject him for Buckley is symbolically important.

The problem with the anti threads is that they are rarely backed up by facts which in turn make those of us that use facts/statistics to support our discussion a little bit frustrated.
+1. I find the most annoying thing is the bagging of assistant coaches. I can't understand how anyone not involved at the club can know exactly what their performance is.

Could not believe to space afforded Cloke. Even with the additional tall target, which was greatly helped with a winning midfield, cCokey had at leat 12 perhaps 15 one on one contests.

Couldnt believe MM didnt press back harder and deeper more often. Felt to me he showed some affection to his old team and helped to play us into form.
Bucks' backline matchups worked very well too.

It may not appease all his detractors but Bucks was the engineer tonight. And I for one will drink to him, and to a great win when it really mattered.

The apprentice has done the "master" twice this season. And boy it feels good!

Are you trying to get back all the 'likes' you lost when the Chief screwed up your account? Just remember that one swallow doesn't make a summer. We need to string a number of wins together. However, the fact that the game forced the boys to face their old mentor, father and friend and reject him for Buckley is symbolically important.

I'm saying something quite simple but profound for us.

And that is that we have beaten the Blues twice now under Mick's tutelage this year. So any dickhead who wants to say Mick leaving us was a disaster can eat a fat one. It is patent garbage.

I am now TheBrokenQ and I posted quite widely and positively in several threads. I don't believe anything I said would upset you.

Oh, sorry.... I don't blame you for being The Broken Q. He's been average.

No, I just hadn't seen you in the match day thread or anything so I was just wondering what your thoughts were. You say they're positive and I believe you :)

I'm saying something quite simple but profound for us.

And that is that we have beaten the Blues twice now under Mick's tutelage this year. So any dickhead who wants to say Mick leaving us was a disaster can eat a fat one. It is patent garbage.

Well you earned that "like"

Could not believe to space afforded Cloke. Even with the additional tall target, which was greatly helped with a winning midfield, cCokey had at leat 12 perhaps 15 one on one contests.

Couldnt believe MM didnt press back harder and deeper more often. Felt to me he showed some affection to his old team and helped to play us into form.
Bucks' backline matchups worked very well too.

They cant double team Cloke if there is a mobile tall target who has to be picked up.
Reid had a huge influence in freeing up Clokey.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They cant double team Cloke if there is a mobile tall target who has to be picked up.
Reid had a huge influence in freeing up Clokey.
I did acknowledge the additional tall, but importantly mobile target Reid offers.
Agree this is a factor, but a full press as played by Lyon and Hinkley have enough numbers back that its not only the players at Clokes shoulder its the space that is cluttered. He lead to space inside or on 50 many many times tonight.
Thought MM allowed our set up to function very well tonight.

You guys have my favourite crop of youngsters in the league. Seedsman, Sinclair, Elliot, Williams, Thomas are all going to be guns. Think Buckley knows what he is doing. Tiny bit of short term pain for a lot of long term benefits.

Seedsman is close to my favourite player to watch in the league with ball-in-hand. What a gun

It's hard for young players to be consistent - and let's know this, we played a massive amount of youth - but we beat Carlton in THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE FASHION - despite them coming on at full strength.

And let's also be clear that most of those that have recently panned Buckley were saying we made an error by appointing Buckley over Malthouse.

Buckley has beaten Malthouse in the most comprehensive fashion with a severely depleted side. The neighsayers and lickspittles need to accept they were wrong.in their hysterical judgment.

How shit must it feel to not enjoy a mighty win over the hated because of anti Buckley believes? Come back to the fold unfaithful...you will be forgiven for your sins.

Be happy.

Agree with everything but Heater played one of the worse games I've seen him play.
Thought he wasn't too good at first glance, but the majority seem to have him amongst our better players. His disposal in particular wasn't good in the first half. The dropped mark was just one of those things, might have been more heavily scrutinized had we lost. But we didn't, we won going away.

Don't underestimate how much balls it took to move Reid forward.

We were getting bent over in the middle and every time they went forward they were scoring. The safe option was to sure up the defence, but those two goals that Reid nailed went a long way to turning the tide and setting up the win. Great coaching.

Agree. It was a big call and paid off handsomely.

You all know h much I love Bucks. Last night was great but ill reserve my excitement for when we can do this 2 weeks in a row.

We played like that against Geelong too, and then what happened. I want this sort of effort to continue through to September, not be staggered throughout the rest of the season here and there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back