Hasus

Club Legend
Mar 6, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester City
What was everyones thoughts on the "ECW One Night Stand"....

Lance Storm v Jericho - 10/10
Super Crazy v Little Guido v Tajiri - 7/10
Psycisos v Rey Mysterio Jr - 8/10
Eddie Guerrero v Chris Benoit - 9/10
Masato Tanaka v Mike Awesome - 10/10
Tommy Dreamer & Sandman v The Dudley Boys - 9/10
ECW v WWE - 9/10

I believe it lived up to expectation. I found the Storm/Jericho match to be a classic, I also thought Tanaka/Awesome had some absolutely extreme moves.. Your thoughts?

I also found the theme song "Let the bodies hit the floor" by Drowning Pool is a crazy song :)

E C DUB . E C DUB . E C DUB

ECW was insane. Great ending but they could of had a royal rumble 15 of Smackdown/Raw take on 15 of ECW. Jericho vs Storm was a great match and Sabus finisher on Rhyno was mad.

OK, time to give credit where credit is ********ing do.

Vince McMahon paid for this. He didn't have to let them run it like they run it. He didn't have to risk a couple lawsuits with sponsors (THQ, for example, who agreed to a TV-14 event, and the violence and even censored language, and Francine's beaver, and Elektra and the other endowed blonde getting their **** licked definetely wasnt TV-14. He didn't have to give Heyman adn Dreamer free range on the show, and DEFFinetely could have said NO to all the shooting. But he let it go on, knowing it would only work if it was done this way. That was ECW, that was the way it needed to be done, and that was the best ********ing PPV I have seen in a LOOONNNNNGGGGG time.

The WWE guys I think ADDED to the show. It gave the show an arc that it would have been missing. Contrary to popular belief, it didnt take away from ECW, it ********ing MADE the show a success! Because of their presence, ECW was made the center of attention, ECW the promotion was made special, and the fans had somebody, or some entity to hate all night, and you need that in wrestling.

Hats off to everybody who worked that show. Hopefully this is not the last one of these. Cause, god damnit, this could very well be the thing the revolutionizes wrestling, once more. And once again, hats off to Vince McMahon.

I enjoyed the show alot but the censored language annoyed the jesus out of me. Hopefully for the DVD release, it'll be cut back.

Wow. From the Wrestling Observer...

Quote:
Numerous people attempting to order the ECW PPV tonight on the WWE web site were shut down due to not enough bandwith being available.

I believe that has NEVER happened in WWE history. I guess we won't be seeing the last of events like this. :)

results11.jpg

* membories * :(

I missed Dudleys and Flaming tables so bad.

ECW’s first event in nearly a half of a decade kicked off with a thunderous ovation for the voice of ECW, Joey Styles. Over the next three hours, the ECW fans on hand at the Hammerstein Ballroom in New York City managed to sustain their level of applause and excitement, and oftentimes, believe it or not, even exceeded it.

Best friends battled in the first match of One Night Stand when “Lionheart” Chris Jericho took on one half of the Impact Players – Lance Storm, with Dawn Marie. Not only are Jericho and Storm best friends, but they also competed together in the past as a tag team. At One Night Stand, however, they were on opposite ends of the ring.

Prior to the event, Storm mentioned to many that his One Night Stand match against Jericho would probably be his last. That said, Storm clearly used every ounce of athleticism in him to go out with a bang. What happened at the end of the physical encounter, however, left many people wondering if that was the way that Lance Storm actually wanted to end his successful career. Rather than the match’s decision coming as a result of one ECW star’s superior efforts, Justin Credible and Jason interfered on Storm’s behalf, hitting Jericho with a kendo stick. The impact was enough to cost Jericho the match. In the end, it was clear that Lance Storm had stolen a win from his best friend.

The Tajiri vs. Little Guido vs. Super Crazy match was so intense that color commentator Mick Foley was forced to let Joey Styles call the match on his own because the three ECW stars were executing moves so innovative that he didn’t know how to call them. At one point, the action spilled out to the crowd. With the entire Full Blooded Italian faction standing on the arena floor, Super Crazy climbed to the second floor balcony and executed a jaw-dropping moonsault. Shortly thereafter, Little Guido was eliminated from the match. After several more minutes of action, Super Crazy finally won the match after hitting a top-rope moonsault onto Tajiri.

Psicosis and Rey Mysterio have competed against each other more than 500 times. This encounter easily went down as one of the most anticipated. Prior to the match, Psicosis removed his mask as a sign of love and mutual respect for the ECW fans. When the bell finally rang, neither man showed any regard for his body. At one point, Mysterio even jumped into the crowd onto a Psicosis. In the end, it was Mysterio picking up the win with the West Coast Pop.

After the Psicosis/Rey Mysterio match, SmackDown! Superstars Kurt Angle and JBL verbally assaulted the ECW fans. Luckily, the return of Rob Van Dam to pay-per-view stopped Angle and JBL. RVD, with Bill Alfonso, interrupted JBL, saying that he was tired of having JBL and his image shoved down his throat every time he wants to watch wrestling.

RVD then continued to shoot from the heart, claiming he was going back to a time when his vocabulary was not limited to simply “whatever” or “cool.” Van Dam said that the time he spent in ECW was the best of his career. In fact, ECW was so important to RVD that not being able to compete at One Night Stand because of injury was worse than missing any overseas WWE event or even WrestleMania. RVD then went into how he planted the seed of One Night Stand into Mr. McMahon’s head. But before he could get into it anymore, Rhyno ran to the ring and Gored an unsuspecting Van Dam.

Immediately after the Gore, the lights at the Hammerstein Ballroom shut off, leaving the arena completely black. When the lights finally came back on, Sabu was standing in the middle of the ring. Rhyno and Sabu then competed in an unscheduled match.

Rhyno, the last ECW World Heavyweight Champion, looked to be in the best shape of his career. Unfortunately for Rhyno, however, his chiseled frame was not enough to stop the three-on-one attack of Sabu, RVD and Alfonso. Van Dam eventually slammed Rhyno with a steel chair, then placed him on top of a table. From there, Sabu, using another steel chair as a weapon, leg dropped Rhyno through the table. That proved to be enough for the pinfall victory.

As expected, Chris Benoit and Eddie Guerrero put on a wrestling clinic at One Night Stand. Both successful SmackDown! Superstars clearly gave it their all in an attempt to entertain the ECW fans. In the end, Guerrero had no choice – tap out or have his neck broken at the hands of a Benoit Crippler Crossface. Guerrero wisely tapped out.

In a match just signed for One Night Stand this past Friday, Mike Awesome took on Masato Tanaka. The incredible resilience of the Awesome and Tanaka caused the capacity crowd to shower the competitors with chants of “This match rules.” Highlighted by countless chair shots, broken tables, tornado DDTs and just complete carnage, the match ended when Awesome pinned Tanaka on the floor after delivering an Awesome Bomb through a table from inside the ring to the outside.

After the match, Mick Foley and Joey Styles, who berated Awesome for leaving ECW for WCW years ago, agreed that Awesome had to feel a great sense of redemption after WCW made him look like a fool with the “That 70’s Guy” persona.

Prior to the night’s main event, Paul Heyman took to the ring and thanked the people that made ECW possible. Heyman then focused his attention on the WWE crusaders in attendance, more specifically Eric Bischoff, Edge and JBL. Heyman took great pride in reminding him that he was in the audience at an ECW pay-per-view, not a WCW pay-per-view. He then focused his attention on Edge. Just after mocking the RAW Superstar by telling everybody to hide their wives, Heyman said he had one name for him – “Matt Freaking Hardy.” Finally, Heyman told JBL that the only reason he was WWE Champion for close to one year was because Triple H didn’t want to compete on SmackDown!

One Night Stand’s main event was easily the most violent and bloodiest encounter of the night. But before the match could officially get under way, the bWo and Kid Kash attempted to make their presence felt. When they finally cleared the ring, Bubba Ray and D-Von fought for their professional lives against Tommy Dreamer and The Sandman. All four competitors lost immense amounts of blood thanks to the use of chairs, ladders, tables and even cheese graders.

Believe it or not, the match became even more interesting when the Impact Players, complete with barbed wire, and Francine interfered. Francine promptly kicked Dreamer below the belt. But before any more damage could be done to Dreamer, Beulah ran to the ring and cleared Francine from the match. A bloody Dreamer and Beulah then shared an emotional embrace before executing a double DDT to the Dudleys.

Just when it looked like the Dudleys had no chance of winning, Spike Dudley ran to the ring. Spike did not come alone, though. – he brought lighter fluid. Not long after, Dreamer was powerbombed through a flaming table. Bubba quickly covered Dreamer for the win.

After the match, former ECW star Stone Cold Steve Austin invited the entire ECW locker room into the ring, including Tazz. Stone Cold then invited the WWE crusaders to the ring. An emotional ECW quickly cleaned house of the crusaders. With nobody left to save him, Eric Bischoff then fell victim to a 3D, Diving Headbutt from Benoit, 619 and a Stone Cold Stunner.

By the end of the night, it was clear that, even if for one night only, ECW was alive!

some random thoughts about the ppv...

agree with some others here, best ppv in a long time

super crazy's moonsault was awesome!

interesting that rey's 619 finisher got zero pop from the crowd

benoit vs eddie was a good match in its own right, but to me it seemed to lack that extra bite (it was a match that could easily have taken place in a normal wwe ppv)

thought the crusaders blabbed on for a bit too long, especially jbl (thankfully hhh was not there), good cut-in by rvd. by in large, though, they worked the crusaders into the storyline fairly well, gave the ppv a focus

didnt it seem strange at the end when mick foley was dragging eric bischoff to the ring right by the crusaders, and yet they didnt lift a finger to help?

the sandman has certainly put on a few kg around the waistline...he looks more pregnant than dawn-marie!! :D

pWnd said:
interesting that rey's 619 finisher got zero pop from the crowd

worse than that, it was booed by the crowd, and rightfully so. Not a move he was known for in ECW. Should have known better than to perform it twice also.

didnt it seem strange at the end when mick foley was dragging eric bischoff to the ring right by the crusaders, and yet they didnt lift a finger to help?

it did. they might use that occurance as part of the whole draft/trade deal, or simply with Bischoff seeking some form of attonement with his crusaders.

Awe-based show. ECW will always rule.

Why are my two favourite promotions closed? :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was suprised with Heyman's comments to Edge regarding Matt Hardy. I thought that would have been a taboo issue to talk about but obviously heyman knew the crowd knew about it and took advantage of it.

Rey should of known better then to use the 619.

Also, i wonder what Sir Vince will do about the typical ECW crowd chants and etc. They beeped out the curse words from workers, so who knows!

Did anyone here enjoy the chants?

"We f***ed Lita"
"We got herpies"
And the ever so common..
"You screwed Matt"

Others to note..
"F*** you SmackDown"
"Shut the f*** up"

Anymore, please add :)

Hasus said:
Did anyone here enjoy the chants?

"We f***ed Lita"
"We got herpies"
And the ever so common..
"You screwed Matt"

Others to note..
"F*** you SmackDown"
"Shut the f*** up"

Anymore, please add :)

For those who have never seen ECW before, i'm guessing it would of been a huge shock to hear very loud and united chants with such vocab being used. Although, it *is/was* common place and some of them are absolutely hilarious!

I cannot remember, but was the infamous "She's a crack whore" chant brought back to life by the ECW faithful?

Also, am i the only one who got a glimpse of Fran's gootch?

A heap of fun. No real all time classic matches but a heap of enjoyable ones. Standout was definitely Tanaka vs Awesome - what a brutal match. Crowd was great which really helped. A great tribute to one of the best (if not the best) promotions of all time.

I'm glad I chose this over Vengeance... I had never seen anything to do with ECW as a stand alone promo and I was not disappointed with the display.

Best entrance was Sandman, cavorting around the place drinking beer and smashing them against his head (now I know where Steve-O got this from) with Metallica in the B/G, everyone singing their a**es off... wicked.

As for Lita... I'm surprised she didn't show up. That would have ruled, she would've copped heaps of s**t and it would have been more funny.

Barralupo said:
Just watched it again, did anyone notice when the raw stars arrived some guy spat beer sandman style all over bischoff! didnt notice that at first
hahahah. I didn't see that but i'm goin to rewind my tape and watch that bit for sure.

JBL clocked Blue Meanie legitimate sucker style and the ECW guys started laying into JBL shoot style. Bubba noticed it and pulled JBL out and legit biffed him.

JBL was lucky, Smothers is a known badass and would of eaten him. There's a few ECW guys who could take JBL in a shoot fight. Ie: Smothers, Snow and if he was there, New Jack.

Barralupo said:
Just watched it again, did anyone notice when the raw stars arrived some guy spat beer sandman style all over bischoff! didnt notice that at first
Yeah, I saw that the first time :D That was hell funny, Bischoff was angry.

Remove this Banner Ad

ECW Review

Remove this Banner Ad

Back