EDFL "A" Grade - 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Seeker is bagging people who volunteer their time and yet he is getting paid to play footy?? Seeker, ex-AFL players are attracted to clubs where they have mates hence why Cragieburn has 4 playing for them?? Abers have had a handful of former AFL players in past 10 years (McKee, Minton-Connel, Peverill, Skipworth and Mal Michael...I cant think of many more??) usually due to a connection from the club and this year is no different as we have strong ex-Essendon connection...what's the big deal? Raso and Jess Smith are both former AFL players, so what? Good luck to you guys for getting them.

Oak Park are a fantastic club who have got probably the best coach going around and some terrific young players along with a handful of top quality stars. Good luck to them in finals, but comments like yours Seeker just embarrass the hard work of the people that actually matter at your club.
Gee havnt you and Hutchy moved this away from the two main points 1/ Why have Oak Park Seniors and Reserves been railroaded when in the past finishing top 2 guaranteed you to be at the same venue they have both earned this right.
2/ Why have Strathmore not had the Bonaire Logo on thier Jumpers all year and what is the EDFL doing about it, some hefty fines must be coming the mores way. Every EDFL club is aware of this.
Answer these questions guys.

Gee havnt you and Hutchy moved this away from the two main points 1/ Why have Oak Park Seniors and Reserves been railroaded when in the past finishing top 2 guaranteed you to be at the same venue they have both earned this right.
2/ Why have Strathmore not had the Bonaire Logo on thier Jumpers all year and what is the EDFL doing about it, some hefty fines must be coming the mores way. Every EDFL club is aware of this.

If you didn't insult hard working, respected people at other clubs then people might be interested in answering your questions. Instead you act like a muppet and so you are treated like a muppet. Jog on.

Can't answer the logo question but both Strathmore and Oak Park's reserve grade are playing in the finals on Saturday and I would be filthy if my team finished on top of the ladder and got my reserves sent to another ground to keep my opposition happy.........

Can't answer the logo question but both Strathmore and Oak Park's reserve grade are playing in the finals on Saturday and I would be filthy if my team finished on top of the ladder and got my reserves sent to another ground to keep my opposition happy.........

It's a joke that the 2nd semis aren't at the same ground for 1s, 2s and 18s and the 1st semis at the same ground. I'm peed that I'll have to rush from keilor rec ground to coburg city to see both. Logic not present at the edfl obviously is it 2 Bobby?

Anyway can't do anything about it and good luck to all teams this weekend. Oaks to win both senior grade games and have a week off and Marbi to beat GV and GV to win the 2s.

Oaks to win both senior grade games and have a week off and Marbi to beat GV and GV to win the 2s.

Let's hope that your tips for the A grade finals are better than your last effort on the B grade forum ......... pacco to miss the finals :p ....... Oak Park by 35 and Greenvale by 45

Fantastic news, lance whitnall has finally put pen to paper and will coach in the EDFL for the next 2 years .The club will reveal all by the end of the week. i also beleive his asking price was very very affordable,to help the club buy players for the up comming season. wrapped to have you on board

i also beleive his asking price was very very affordable,to help the club buy players for the up comming season.

Love to hear these type of stories... I believe Morgan the coach of pacco isn't getting paid so that the club can spend the money of players instead

Marby had their pants pulled down this afternoon. Nice little dust up in the goal square nice to see S.Lucas backing his team mates and towner throwing sly cut lunches, probably the highlight O'hAilpin getting a kick in the fight must be an Irish thing

Typical O'hailpin.... Talks like he is 10 men then kicks people

A couple of reports I hear, surely nothing will come of that after Marby went the punch because they were loosing and came off second best, Rowan Nanyas was nothing but a high tackle...

Marby obviosuly underdone, but Greenvale look very very potent !

Let's hope that your tips for the A grade finals are better than your last effort on the B grade forum ......... pacco to miss the finals :p ....... Oak Park by 35 and Greenvale by 45

Got the one that matters most. Oakers into the big one!!!!!! Your tips were amazing btw!

How good was our skipper today, our first qtr set up the win pretty much and with the week off it sets us up for my signature "oakers for premiers in 2011" and what happened to Marbi apparently at one stage it was 12 goals to 0 goals is that true!!!! :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

http://ow.ly/6kChj

with pics of GV v MP and extended thoughts of both coaches.

There will be no three-peat premiership for Maribyrnong Park after Greenvale eliminated its arch rival from the Essendon District Football League A-grade finals by 54 points on Saturday.

Greenvale coach Anthony Rock and Maribyrnong Park coach Craig Clinnick did not see too many similarities from the third-quarter brawling between their teams in Saturday’s elimination final.

Oak Park advanced to the Essendon District Football League A-grade grand final by stunning Strathmore early and holding on to win by 37 points in the qualifying final on Saturday.

Marby definetly started the blue and had a heap of numbers in early at one point there was 4 Marby blokes at Lucas.

Number 17 for Greenvale smashed Kade Carey after Carey shaped up and put him on his arse which was quite funny given the massive size difference between the two.

Funny...overheard a bloke near me say what a disgrace this would never happen in WRFL...lol

I do see why they didnt allow grog outside woud have been very ugly the crowd was getting pretty upset. Even the runner was punching on at one point not sure which side he was from I was like a kid in a candy store with spotfires everywhere I didnt know where to look.

I will say one more thing it was a fair dinkum blue not a mellie a lot of full on punched being thrown everywhere.

Great Performance by Greenvale, showed strength of character throughout the match, put their heads over the ball and played as a team. For Marby, Holland and Ayers can hold their heads up....the rest should feel embarrassed by their performances (including their coach).

Fantastic news, lance whitnall has finally put pen to paper and will coach in the EDFL for the next 2 years .The club will reveal all by the end of the week. i also beleive his asking price was very very affordable,to help the club buy players for the up comming season. wrapped to have you on board

Tell us more, which club ? Div 1 or 2.

Very affordable ? What would you call affordable ? From what i have heard he is asking PLENTY.. :eek: and to alot of clubs :eek:

Great Performance by Greenvale, showed strength of character throughout the match, put their heads over the ball and played as a team. For Marby, Holland and Ayers can hold their heads up....the rest should feel embarrassed by their performances (including their coach).
the father and son money men at Marby would be seriously peeved,given the arrogance, age, and clear lack of fitness of the current group, seems money cant always buy happiness.
Also noticed for the first time this year the Bonaire logos hurriedly sown onto the Strathmore jumpers, conversation went like this, EDFL, John,your teams can play at Coburg but you need the logos on, John OK,didnt help much though.
Well done to Oakers and Greenvale, seems all the tipsters got it wrong again in the record,and final thanks to the newspaper man for potting the oakers captain, lead from the front,top goal kicker. Tip Jesse Smith to win the league B&F tonight,from Brookes and fitzgerald.

No 3 peat for Marby in 2011, would have been nice, not to be.

Greenvale were very good, have a few problems with 2 players on report in number 6 Rowan Nanya and the captain as well.
Both should be suspended but given the EDFL Tribunal go soft during finals in previous years it would not suprise me if both ended up playing.

Typical O'hailpin.... Talks like he is 10 men then kicks people

A couple of reports I hear, surely nothing will come of that after Marby went the punch because they were loosing and came off second best, Rowan Nanyas was nothing but a high tackle...

Marby obviosuly underdone, but Greenvale look very very potent !

Rowan Nanyas was reported by 2 umpires and I think sent off the field.

I know for a fact that its not plenty, he is doing it for half of what craigieburn were paying him last year.

So is it definately confirmed he is coaching Westmeadows ? I also heard he was looking at going to Northern FL.

So he was on 40K at Craigeburn ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back