EDFL Div 1 Discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Whats done is done but having DP in Division 1 is a poor outcome for both Premier and that Division.
We are going to see a lot of lopsided results and it could all have been prevented with some common-sense.

We may as well call off Premier now and start the finals as the top 4 is basically a lock.
Its become a replica of the disparity in juniors.
EDFL and common sense should never be mentioned in the same sentence.

So these other clubs went from a Premier Comp to a lower level?
No but I'm not sure how that relates to the EDFL's decision to place the two clubs in Div 1.
The funny thing is for years I've heard EDFL people run down the WRFL but when their clubs move across people want them hamstrung with absurd restrictions. The EDFL brings them across and has them struggle to field a side? Not happening.
Each of their recruits attracts additional points and there are restrictions on recruiting from within the competition, surely that's sufficient?

**** me, I've just defended Deer Park..:tearsofjoy:

No but I'm not sure how that relates to the EDFL's decision to place the two clubs in Div 1.
The funny thing is for years I've heard EDFL people run down the WRFL but when their clubs move across people want them hamstrung with absurd restrictions. The EDFL brings them across and has them struggle to field a side? Not happening.
Each of their recruits attracts additional points and there are restrictions on recruiting from within the competition, surely that's sufficient?

* me, I've just defended Deer Park..:tearsofjoy:

Some rules are made to be broken/bent for the betterment of the comp. :thumbsu::thumbsu:

Well, Well - The unbeatable Deer Park just lost at the "Shoress" - Need we say anymore about all those that said should go straight to Premier division..
Any team is beatable - Craigieburn proved that against EK a few years back....

Horrible ground to play senior footy on. It’s not acceptable to be playing there really. And don’t get me started on the disgusting, atrocious change rooms.

Well, Well - The unbeatable Deer Park just lost at the "Shoress" - Need we say anymore about all those that said should go straight to Premier division..

Mate let’s be honest. DP had 11 more scoring shots lol should of won by 7 goals. They beat themselves….Also their players have Never played nor seen what football on a banana shaped cricket pitch with a tree hanging over the ground is like, and had many out.

Money on DP by 10 goals next time they play easy

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Mate let’s be honest. DP had 11 more scoring shots lol should of won by 7 goals. They beat themselves….Also their players have Never played nor seen what football on a banana shaped cricket pitch with a tree hanging over the ground is like, and had many out.

Money on DP by 10 goals next time they play easy

A common sense post Bashen DP had a heap out but you only have what your got and they got beaten. Hats off to WC after a 3 day turn around credit where credit is due. WC celebrated like they won a grand final.

SWOOPINGTIME

At least some of us tipped them.

I'm not surprised. Hard to beat WC on that postage stamp, hence why I thought they were a big chance, plus they're a good side. 11-19 is not good either.

Great effort by Moonee Valley today. Much better than 0-3. Will not be relegated from what I saw.

Last edited:
The way WC carried on after game.
Can someone remind them it’s round 3.

Congratulations to them however i don’t think anyone at DP will be to worried about result.
Had many out and played pretty poorly and just lost.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Deer park to go through the season undefeated 10 goals or more margin each week a lot of posters in here need to wipe the egg from their faces lol
Mate on most grounds they will win by a decent margin. They are playing games with this division. Come finals will destroy them all 😜😜

Only side I can see getting close in September is Hillside with their youth and pace. Picking up those 2 big blokes and Prestia have been great inclusions. Yes the 2 big blokes are not stars but they are young and have presence and doing their job well. They have a few out including Tarr.

Mate on most grounds they will win by a decent margin. They are playing games with this division. Come finals will destroy them all

Only side I can see getting close in September is Hillside with their youth and pace. Picking up those 2 big blokes and Prestia have been great inclusions. Yes the 2 big blokes are not stars but they are young and have presence and doing their job well. They have a few out including Tarr.

You didn’t just say hillside will give a DP at strength on a normal size ground in Sept a run did you ? Lmao turbo you provide some good laughs

Greenhough will run rings on their talls mate, only thing that will stop DP is injuries because they don’t have crazzyyyyyy depth

Love hearing that DP supporters saying they had injuries, can I point out WC had 5 of their top 10 players out aswell, one of which was their number 1 ruck, and on top of this only had a 4 day break after a very draining hot day on Tuesday.

Might mighty effort by WC!!!

I think some credit also needs to go to the pressure WC put on DP when kicking for goal, hence the amount of behinds..

Was a great game by both teams, look forward to the rematch later in the year...

Played on 45 points, are these missing players 1 pointers?

Some are yes, some have points and are far better then others that have the same point value

It’s irrelevant though, end of the day if they can keep their list fit in September they will win the flag by ten goals

Last edited:
Love hearing that DP supporters saying they had injuries, can I point out WC had 5 of their top 10 players out aswell, one of which was their number 1 ruck, and on top of this only had a 4 day break after a very draining hot day on Tuesday.

Might mighty effort by WC!!!

I think some credit also needs to go to the pressure WC put on DP when kicking for goal, hence the amount of behinds..

Was a great game by both teams, look forward to the rematch later in the year...
Wouldn't say great game by both teams, WC played great, and DP played the worst game I've seen in a long time and lost by 3 points. Can't wait for the rematch.

SWOOPINGTIME

Played on 45 points, are these missing players 1 pointers?
Looking at list and availability good chance 3 players from game will be out next week worth 13 points, that will make way for best Full forward in comp to slot back in whom was unavailable this week, and 3 ex VFL listed players that will fit into the 13 points comfortably.

No salt here, WC won and well done to them, just think they should not get ahead of themselves as in the last 7 years DP were never undefeated after round 3 proving premierships are not won at this time of the year.

Either way this year will be good hit out and showing on their day WC and maybe even SA can take it to DP. Cant wait to see a bit more of Hillside as looks like Div 1 will have 3 to 5 teams in the mix for the top 2 play out.

Horrible ground to play senior footy on. It’s not acceptable to be playing there really. And don’t get me started on the disgusting, atrocious change rooms.

So a team that you said would destroy the Grade is beaten and the best you can come up with is to bag the ground they play on.

You really are a flog

Last edited:
Attended the WC v DP yesterday and thanks to both teams for a great game. WC never gave up. Great passionate vocal crowd from both sides made the game even more exciting if that was possible! First time for me at Shore Reserve and yeah it's a bit different. Gives a new meaning to "home ground advantage". Took my camcorder with me and will upload my YouTube link in a couple of days. The last quarter is a ripper. Looking forward to the re-match later this season. Gotta luv suburban footy.

Remove this Banner Ad

EDFL Div 1 Discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Back