EDFL Div 1 Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

With the relegation battle as open as it is for a few of those lower sides, I can see the uneven fixture playing into it…

There’s a huge difference between playing Keilor Park twice compared to West Coburg twice
I have seen the uneven fixture across a few leagues/comps now, surely there is a better way for the fixtures to be set-up!
Think it's really unfair for teams to potentially miss finals or even worse get relegated because of fixtures.

I have seen the uneven fixture across a few leagues/comps now, surely there is a better way for the fixtures to be set-up!
Think it's really unfair for teams to potentially miss finals or even worse get relegated because of fixtures.

Agree but what’s the solution when HQ allow two clubs in at the same year?
It will revert back to normal next year but for some that’s too late.
From my understanding if a team played someone once last year they automatically play them twice this year. That doesn’t take into consideration what occurs year to year with a teams make up
Aka RUPO.
Consistency in performance is the key not just one year wonders!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Heard tonight Craigeburn had multiple players sent off. Can any elaborate? Would struggle to beat anyone if that’s the case.
Correct had 3 players sent off almost simultaneously in the 2nd quarter. Every one of them had players and coaches scratching there heads as to why. Add to that i would say at least 7-8 50m penalties awarded to Oak Park with most resulting in direct goals. It was up there with the worst display of umpiring i have ever seen and the eagles players frustration was boiling over. Bellino ended up red carded not exactly sure why i think umpire abuse. Carlisle was one of them sent off. Eagles will be ok, had some handy players missing Gordon, Righele, Davies to name a few from the midfield where they were smashed. Gorgievski did his best but lacked support.

Worth noting the 2nd umpire went down early.

The senior umpire did seem very quick on the whistle, but that didn't stop the poor discipline. You would've thought players would've learned from the 1st 50 very early which went to Craigieburn that this umpire wasn't going to stand for much.

Oak Park clearly wanted it more.

Worth noting the 2nd umpire went down early.

The senior umpire did seem very quick on the whistle, but that didn't stop the poor discipline. You would've thought players would've learned from the 1st 50 very early which went to Craigieburn that this umpire wasn't going to stand for much.

Oak Park clearly wanted it more.
Had a watch of the vision, appears CB undisciplined, as the 50's and send offs were only one way, CB back to their old tricks. Perhaps they should go out and play footy rather than what they were doing.

Had a watch of the vision, appears CB undisciplined, as the 50's and send offs were only one way, CB back to their old tricks. Perhaps they should go out and play footy rather than what they were doing.

I said the same thing in an earlier post after the game. Tough umpiring a game on your own, but I thought he did well.

Correct had 3 players sent off almost simultaneously in the 2nd quarter. Every one of them had players and coaches scratching there heads as to why. Add to that i would say at least 7-8 50m penalties awarded to Oak Park with most resulting in direct goals. It was up there with the worst display of umpiring i have ever seen and the eagles players frustration was boiling over. Bellino ended up red carded not exactly sure why i think umpire abuse. Carlisle was one of them sent off. Eagles will be ok, had some handy players missing Gordon, Righele, Davies to name a few from the midfield where they were smashed. Gorgievski did his best but lacked support.
Hey my old mate Bissa. Hope you are well.

What I will add is clubs and players are fully aware of the umpire situation and the rules around any abuse or remonstrating so they should know better. Especially Carlise who is supposed to be a leader and set an example. If he was carrying on then others will do it. Yes we all know he can play but it’s one downside to him that he really needs to improve on. More so with CB playing some youth this season so these bad habits can filter through the development teams also.

Cheers

LAST 6 MINUTES - Here's the last 6 minutes from the epic Roxburgh Park V Rupertswood game from last Saturday. I've slowed the video by 10% as the pace was fast and there was so much happening. So many ifs, buts and if-onlys in the final minutes. Roxburgh Park could have won the game but didn't convert their opportunities when it counted. Ruperstwood had a final shot in the last minute and they converted. Gotta luv suburban footy. Enjoy.

LAST 6 MINUTES - Here's the last 6 minutes from the epic Roxburgh Park V Rupertswood game from last Saturday. I've slowed the video by 10% as the pace was fast and there was so much happening. So many ifs, buts and if-onlys in the final minutes. Roxburgh Park could have won the game but didn't convert their opportunities when it counted. Ruperstwood had a final shot in the last minute and they converted. Gotta luv suburban footy. Enjoy.

Love your work champ. If you can film some Tulla games this year (especially the reserves!) I will be over the moon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watching it back I’d suggest their disposal/turnovers going into the forward 50 and being second to the pill hurt them more then the umpire did.
Oak Park had plenty of space going forward and the entry kick more often than not found the leading player.
Missed some very easy chances as well so it probably should have been a bigger margin then it what it ended as.

Fairly one eyed summation. All the cards bar the first looked like umpire abuse so I’d be certain the players involved wouldn’t have been scratching their heads as to why either.
Would have been hard umpiring by himself after his mate went down and YES there were some questionable decisions but both teams copped them.

Thats the great thing about these replays, enables you to take another look and take the bias out of it.

Last edited:
Huge player for Roxy. Also has shown great loyalty to the club.
Just need to stay in Div 1 and with Terranova & Elliott there they'll be fine moving forward.

Easily one of the nicest blokes I've met in footy.

Isn’t this the 2nd time now he’s gone up to the tribunal?

Also captain 🤔
It’s always the risk of these players when they decide to return home. Your marquee player who you are really forced to make a leader and they become undisciplined. How do you rein them back in without the risk of them being offended and leave. Seen it happen plenty of times over many years at clubs. Bloody tough one to manage..

It’s always the risk of these players when they decide to return home. Your marquee player who you are really forced to make a leader and they become undisciplined. How do you rein them back in without the risk of them being offended and leave. Seen it happen plenty of times over many years at clubs. Bloody tough one to manage..
This is true but good disciplined footy clubs don't let this happen. Unfortunately, Crazyburn are nowhere near being a disciplined footy club. That post above explains where they are, blaming Umpire for 3 players being sent off. Pretty simple, shut your mouth, get your head over the footy and play the game

This is true but good disciplined footy clubs don't let this happen. Unfortunately, Crazyburn are nowhere near being a disciplined footy club. That post above explains where they are, blaming Umpire for 3 players being sent off. Pretty simple, shut your mouth, get your head over the footy and play the game
But CBurn would have Carlisle the way he is instead of not having him at all, so take the bad with the good.. Not the first and won't be the last club to do it.

Love your work champ. If you can film some Tulla games this year (especially the reserves!) I will be over the moon.
Thanks. I'll try to get to a Tulla game this later this year if possible. I have covered two Tulla games previously and the videos are on my YouTube channel. Just scroll through my YouTube channel called TIGER TV AFL and look for these two games:

1. Tullamarine Demons v Airport West Eagles SENIORS - Round 15 on 23rd July 2022
2. Tullamarine v West Coburg - Div 1 SENIORS - Preliminary Final on 28 August 2022

Actually, I'll try to post the links below this message - hope it works!

------

Remove this Banner Ad

EDFL Div 1 Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back