EDFL Div 1 Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Why don’t all clubs have an away strip? Clubs like Craigieburn, St Albans, WC and Roxy have one. Hillside v West Coburg colours are a bit similar so not sure why WC didn’t wear the away strip? It’s not a rule so they did nothing wrong but think all clubs should be made to have one.

The season appears to be going the way everyone predicted. Marby a class above, West Coburg & Hillside next level down, then St Albans a level back.
Personally can see the 2 finals this week being big margins, and West Coburg playing Hillside in Prelim.

Last 2 years been dominated by Marby and last year Deer Park. I think next year is the year for anyone the win it, as think Avondale might be in div1 for a few years rebuilding.

Thoughts??

I heard it’s an assistant from Strathmore. Is Bewick on the move??
Who is the assistant from Strathmore? they have a few but wouldn't have thought Richard Little would be leaving Strathmore after doing Avondale previous year. i think the other assistant hall is going to gisborne

Why don’t all clubs have an away strip? Clubs like Craigieburn, St Albans, WC and Roxy have one. Hillside v West Coburg colours are a bit similar so not sure why WC didn’t wear the away strip? It’s not a rule so they did nothing wrong but think all clubs should be made to have one.
Why would WC wear their away strip when they were the home team and finished above HS?

The season appears to be going the way everyone predicted. Marby a class above, West Coburg & Hillside next level down, then St Albans a level back.
Personally can see the 2 finals this week being big margins, and West Coburg playing Hillside in Prelim.

Last 2 years been dominated by Marby and last year Deer Park. I think next year is the year for anyone the win it, as think Avondale might be in div1 for a few years rebuilding.

Thoughts??
That’s a really fair view. With that said, Marby in my view, are miles off Deer Parks 2023 team. It was quite odd in reflection, that Deer Park then went to premier with a much weaker team than the year before.

So in saying that, this week at Keilor, which from all reports is quite soft underfoot will suit West Coburg and the game will be very, very close in my view.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That’s a really fair view. With that said, Marby in my view, are miles off Deer Parks 2023 team. It was quite odd in reflection, that Deer Park then went to premier with a much weaker team than the year before.

So in saying that, this week at Keilor, which from all reports is quite soft underfoot will suit West Coburg and the game will be very, very close in my view.
Marby a class above. To much speed for both West Coburg and Hillside and they seem so much fitter, as not as many heavier set bodies. Also average age is probably lower if I’m taking a guess. Plus throw in a coach who has coached premier & VFL. Miles ahead and will be 10 goal margin unless they put the cue in the rack at 3qrt time.

Good luck to whoever is charged with cleaning up Connell’s mess, will need to be very patient. Old list, no cash, no juniors. Tough gig

Agree they are starting a long way back but having a look no juniors is abit harsh but going off there socials they had
2x u10s
14- had the best two players in the comp

Don’t think that’s bad effort for a club within a 10 min drive to almost all 4 big clubs in Keilor, strathmore, greenvale

Weren’t they getting bagged earlier in the season for spending big? But now they have no cash ?

Agree with aging list but you would assume most of the older blokes will follow DC and the cash seeing as he was the ones that got them to tulla

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Hey Bissa, really enjoy the set up at Greenvale. Nice big ground in reasonable nick. Great for viewing and 2 canteens with 1 at each wing area. Coffee van set up. Decent parking..

Only thing they have no netting behind the goals especially the car park side. So much money put into that facility and they overlook a net behind the goals..

How is that 3rd oval. Picket fence and everything wow!!
Hume council are allergic to decent netting behind their goals

Agree they are starting a long way back but having a look no juniors is abit harsh but going off there socials they had
2x u10s
14- had the best two players in the comp

Don’t think that’s bad effort for a club within a 10 min drive to almost all 4 big clubs in Keilor, strathmore, greenvale

Weren’t they getting bagged earlier in the season for spending big? But now they have no cash ?

Agree with aging list but you would assume most of the older blokes will follow DC and the cash seeing as he was the ones that got them to tulla

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Where’s DC going to?

Marby a class above. To much speed for both West Coburg and Hillside and they seem so much fitter, as not as many heavier set bodies. Also average age is probably lower if I’m taking a guess. Plus throw in a coach who has coached premier & VFL. Miles ahead and will be 10 goal margin unless they put the cue in the rack at 3qrt time.

Time will tell..

St Albans V Oak Park - Elimination Final on Sunday 25 August 2024.
Last 3 quarters plus a nice rainbow at the 41:30 minute mark.
Play was suspended for about 20 minutes at the end of the third quarter due to heavy rain and lightning.

Remove this Banner Ad

EDFL Div 1 Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back