EDFL Div 2 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Ok guys I spoke about this a while back with something I’d heard and just had a look at the clearances. Can someone please explain the clearance rule about players from on club going to another club?
Keilor Park have 9 clearances in at the moment for players coming from East Keilor. 3 have been denied and 6 are either approved or pending but how many are allowed to go?

Ok guys I spoke about this a while back with something I’d heard and just had a look at the clearances. Can someone please explain the clearance rule about players from on club going to another club?
Keilor Park have 9 clearances in at the moment for players coming from East Keilor. 3 have been denied and 6 are either approved or pending but how many are allowed to go?
3 are automatic from the same age group. the rest can be denied without a reason. ek will be looking for compensation to clear the rest unless they don’t want them at the club

That’s not correct. It’s 2 from any one age group unless the clubs agree
The rules are very clear BUT as a collective for a FEE they can all front the board and present their case as to how they have been treated, what opportunities they have had and what their objectives are i.e only playing 2nd or 3rd football and want the opportunity to play ones which is not an option at their current club - either way the 20+ players are gone !! which what will always happen with this model BUT some very handy replacements though on top of the mercenaries from last year !!

Are they all likely to play senior footy and with the VFL player they got will they be good enough to get off the bottom of the table? A few clubs in div 3 raising the stakes, Haddy, MV and KP, any news from other clubs? My info tells me Jacana wont field a senior team in 2020, any news on this?

Article about Hadfield in regards about the ruckman anyone wanna do a copy and paste?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Cmon Lek open your wallet mate. 😂

I only did it because you blew a kiss. 🤣🤣

Hadfield is intent on retaining Brandon Smith after the big man requested a clearance to EDFL Division 2 rival Moonee Valley.
Smith finished second in the Hawks’ best-and-fairest in 2018 and is a contracted player.

Glenroy premiership player Scott Gilliland has arrived at Hadfield after a stint with Coburg Districts to bolster the ruck division, but coach Brett Pitts said Smith remained an important part of the club’s bid to climb the ladder

“He’s a required player as it stands, but we’ll obviously sit down with him and discuss what’s best for both parties,” Pitts said.

“We’ve gone out and tried to recruit a few key position players and a ruck obviously to assist Brandon and give him a bit of a chop out.

“It would be disappointing if we lost him, no doubt.”

The Hawks are also fighting to secure former player Joshua Ksiazek, who has played 22 Premier Division games for Glenroy over the past two seasons and was a member of the club’s 2017 flag-winning side in Division 1.

Ksiazek, who is contracted at the Roys, would fill a role as a back-up ruckman or key defender if cleared.

“He’s really keen to get back to the club … so we’ll do whatever we can to try and facilitate that,” Pitts said.

The Hawks have been busy over the off-season after finishing seventh with a 4-11 record this year.

Experienced midfielder Steven Golding headlines the signings and returns as a playing assistant coach after five seasons at Glenroy.

Proven goalkicker Mark Sabatino is also back after kicking 33 goals from 13 games for Northern Saints this season. He also featured in Roxburgh Park’s 2018 premiership team.

Other recruits include Keegan Shrimpton (Oak Park), Nader Nasra (Roxburgh Park), Donovan Pell and Andrew Budge (both Yarragon)

“We’ve built a place that’s a little more attractive for some of these ex-Hadfield boys to come back,” Pitts said.

“We’re really happy with the players we’ve brought in, not just from an on-field perspective but the off-field perspective is really important for us as well.

“There’s a lot of excitement around the footy club. Two or three weeks out (from the start of pre-season) we had blokes posting their runs they were going for on our players’ page.

“Especially for the boys who have been around the club a long time … these guys haven’t seen much success, so they’re pretty excited about the new fellas coming in.

“The new fellas are pretty driven to take the club to a new level as w

Cmon Lek open your wallet mate.

Hadfield is intent on retaining Brandon Smith after the big man requested a clearance to EDFL Division 2 rival Moonee Valley.
Smith finished second in the Hawks’ best-and-fairest in 2018 and is a contracted player.

Glenroy premiership player Scott Gilliland has arrived at Hadfield after a stint with Coburg Districts to bolster the ruck division, but coach Brett Pitts said Smith remained an important part of the club’s bid to climb the ladder

“He’s a required player as it stands, but we’ll obviously sit down with him and discuss what’s best for both parties,” Pitts said.

“We’ve gone out and tried to recruit a few key position players and a ruck obviously to assist Brandon and give him a bit of a chop out.

The Hawks are also fighting to secure former player Joshua Ksiazek, who has played 22 Premier Division games for Glenroy over the past two seasons and was a member of the club’s 2017 flag-winning side in Division 1.

Ksiazek, who is contracted at the Roys, would fill a role as a back-up ruckman or key defender if cleared.

“He’s really keen to get back to the club … so we’ll do whatever we can to try and facilitate that,” Pitts said.

The Hawks have been busy over the off-season after finishing seventh with a 4-11 record this year.

Experienced midfielder Steven Golding headlines the signings and returns as a playing assistant coach after five seasons at Glenroy.

Proven goalkicker Mark Sabatino is also back after kicking 33 goals from 13 games for Northern Saints this season. He also featured in Roxburgh Park’s 2018 premiership team.

Other recruits include Keegan Shrimpton (Oak Park), Nader Nasra (Roxburgh Park), Donovan Pell and Andrew Budge (both Yarragon)

“We’ve built a place that’s a little more attractive for some of these ex-Hadfield boys to come back,” Pitts said.

“We’re really happy with the players we’ve brought in, not just from an on-field perspective but the off-field perspective is really important for us as well.

“There’s a lot of excitement around the footy club. Two or three weeks out (from the start of pre-season) we had blokes posting their runs they were going for on our players’ page.

“Especially for the boys who have been around the club a long time … these guys haven’t seen much success, so they’re pretty excited about the new fellas coming in.

Haha thanks mate I’m gonna have to subscribe I miss out on so much

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Cmon Lek open your wallet mate. 😂

Why recruit 2 ruckman and a backup ruckman when u have a ruckman that finished 2nd in b&f. Seems very strange recruiting.
I don’t blame him for leaving

If you go only by the numbers with transfers into Keilor Park, theyll have a thirds side!!
B.Shepherd another to head there - played at Pacco a couple of years back from memory although mainly twos? Has a good footy brain so may assist in the development of some of the younger guys too?
30+ transfers (I get some might be juniors though) is a great sign for a struggling senior club...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope the league aren’t relying on the Jags to be up and running for 2020 as they have 0 clearances in at this stage. A sad reflection on a large area that has forgotten a terrific sport.
Jacana are just one of many issues facing EDFL Head office at the moment. They should firstly do more to help existing clubs in the comp prior to any additions. Based on the numbers, 28 senior clubs (including Jacana at present), 15 clubs currently have Under 19's and a further 12 clubs have Thirds Team. I notice Head office is closed today, so maybe they are coming up with their new 5 year strategy on how strong this league will be in the near future OR maybe they are discussing how they could have possibly lost $130k with over $2.5m in revenue from last year !! Who knows- but i eagerly await the release of the fixture later in the week !!

Jacana are just one of many issues facing EDFL Head office at the moment. They should firstly do more to help existing clubs in the comp prior to any additions. Based on the numbers, 28 senior clubs (including Jacana at present), 15 clubs currently have Under 19's and a further 12 clubs have Thirds Team. I notice Head office is closed today, so maybe they are coming up with their new 5 year strategy on how strong this league will be in the near future OR maybe they are discussing how they could have possibly lost $130k with over $2.5m in revenue from last year !! Who knows- but i eagerly await the release of the fixture later in the week !!

Or maybe there are changes going on and some people handed envelopes and a hand shake. 🤣😂

Would rather an additional club with a good culture join the league than a club like Jacana staying in the competition

Hope the EDFL have a second draw ready for div2. Can’t see Jacana getting up from all reports and we don’t need a repeat of the Keilor Park situation from 2018. Surely a deadline is in place for Jacana to confirm a senior team as other clubs plan their social functions around the draw.

So - The annual report has been released and for the first time the financials have been left out ?? Deliberate - Maybe ?? or maybe someone just forgot to disclose them !!

What are you alluding to?
Just stating a FACT - that the Financials were left off the Annual report - Hence , in business, why it is actually called an Annual report, to report on all activities including Financials as in previous years, Just one little paragraph from the CEO mentioning the loss but not so bad over a 2 year period ! Come on - surely we deserve better than that and should know where all the money has been spent at the very least considering a lot of the revenue is generated from the clubs within the association !

Remove this Banner Ad

EDFL Div 2 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Back