EDFL Div 2 discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

He’s been going well last few weeks, surprisingly quick for a bloke his size. Was a gun junior so good to see him string some games together

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Yes was a very good junior but his much heavier in the body than he was in his junior days. I guess you don’t lose your ability. Good on him as always found Jack to be a good bloke back in the day.

Yes was a very good junior but his much heavier in the body than he was in his junior days. I guess you don’t lose your ability. Good on him as always found Jack to be a good bloke back in the day.

Yes much heavier these days, and I think opponents underestimate his speed which works out well for him! Do Oak park go back to premiership fancies after that big win and northern losing?

Yes much heavier these days, and I think opponents underestimate his speed which works out well for him! Do Oak park go back to premiership fancies after that big win and northern losing?

I’ve always had Oak Park as flag favourites though it’s been great to see Taylor’s Lakes and Saints challenging for it too. Big same for Saints next week against Sunbury and I think they’ll get the job done.

I believe there was a fight at CD v OP on the field and off it in the reserves, anyone know anything?

How can tell as they are both blue & white 😄

Interesting if true as expect the league to come down hard as per what they said would happen.

How can tell as they are both blue & white

Interesting if true as expect the league to come down hard as per what they said would happen.

Very true lol. I believe 1 player has already been suspended by the club (CD) I wonder if there will be anything from the league… not good hearing that spectators were involved again.

How can tell as they are both blue & white

One player from Oak Park has a broken jaw with a CD player receiving a big suspension which will pass the max weeks of suspension allowed there for he his career is done. Crowd involved also. When will they learn??? Nothing from the EDFL or respective clubs either.

One player from Oak Park has a broken jaw with a CD player receiving a big suspension which will pass the max weeks of suspension allowed there for he his career is done. Crowd involved also. When will they learn??? Nothing from the EDFL or respective clubs either.

Why worry just another week of poor behaviour in an incompetently administered league.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes the league is not doing their job properly.
I’m told that the 18.5 game earlier in year when supporters entered the fight on ground fight that the league was sending an offical to every game following the incident and any further issues the team would be thrown out. However I believe another incident occurred a few weeks back in where an offical ( adult father) jumped into an on ground fight and hit a junior player. However nothing!! So they are just all talk.
It’s not good enough..

Yes the league is not doing their job properly.
I’m told that the 18.5 game earlier in year when supporters entered the fight on ground fight that the league was sending an offical to every game following the incident and any further issues the team would be thrown out. However I believe another incident occurred a few weeks back in where an offical ( adult father) jumped into an on ground fight and hit a junior player. However nothing!! So they are just all talk.
It’s not good enough..

It’s a disgrace mate. I wonder if the league will sweep it under the carpet due to being plastered all over the media in the last few weeks. Bloody gutless if that’s the case.

It’s a disgrace mate. I wonder if the league will sweep it under the carpet due to being plastered all over the media in the last few weeks. Bloody gutless if that’s the case.

When I heard about this I was disgusted. How can an adult father even consider hitting a junior player. I would suspend the father and his kid with the kid being punished for 14 weeks. Yes understand it’s not necessary the kids fault but it would make a huge stance to say it’s unacceptable behaviour. The club/league should then ban the parent for 5 years.

Also heard of another disgusting act by a junior player caught on video ( not from the same club) and multiple charges. Junior player only got 8 weeks being 4 for each charge. It’s not good enough. You plead guilty and you get less weeks!! FFS punish these players with suspension worthy of the crime.
League is not doing enough and covering it up by not publishing reports for all to see. Also why don’t they name the junior players? Some juniors shouldn’t be playing sport full stop. It’s why we see so much violence all in footy. League not doing enough and coaches/clubs not standing up..
Does the league want the revenue from melees. Who knows.

When I heard about this I was disgusted. How can an adult father even consider hitting a junior player. I would suspend the father and his kid with the kid being punished for 14 weeks. Yes understand it’s not necessary the kids fault but it would make a huge stance to say it’s unacceptable behaviour. The club/league should then ban the parent for 5 years.

Also heard of another disgusting act by a junior player caught on video ( not from the same club) and multiple charges. Junior player only got 8 weeks being 4 for each charge. It’s not good enough. You plead guilty and you get less weeks!! FFS punish these players with suspension worthy of the crime.
League is not doing enough and covering it up by not publishing reports for all to see. Also why don’t they name the junior players? Some juniors shouldn’t be playing sport full stop. It’s why we see so much violence all in footy. League not doing enough and coaches/clubs not standing up..
Does the league want the revenue from melees. Who knows.
League is not doing enough and covering it up by not publishing reports for all to see. BINGO !

This division has become quite interesting - You have to go back to 2018 when the last time the top 3 teams were separated by 1 game and they all play each other in the next few weeks. Even 4th & 5th are fighting for the last spot. The difference between the availability of 1 or 2 players in this division is enormous.

I think Taylors lakes may beat Oak park in the G/F But don't discount Sunbury Kangaroos if they get in - Lost 3 or 4 games by less than a goal and just need to peak at the right time. Will be a close finish....

This division has become quite interesting - You have to go back to 2018 when the last time the top 3 teams were separated by 1 game and they all play each other in the next few weeks. Even 4th & 5th are fighting for the last spot. The difference between the availability of 1 or 2 players in this division is enormous.

I think Taylors lakes may beat Oak park in the G/F But don't discount Sunbury Kangaroos if they get in - Lost 3 or 4 games by less than a goal and just need to peak at the right time. Will be a close finish....
I wouldn't discredit northern or CD either i dont think its as clear cut as a Taylors lakes Oak park Grand Final

Burnside by 60 over East Sunbury
Lakes by 12 over Sunbury Kangaroos
Coburg by 32 over Northern
Oak Park by 28 over Hadfield

BH by 48
SK by 17
NS by 7
OP by 32

Should be a great weekend of footy. Hopefully the weather plays ball. Good luck everyone

You make a good point. At this level missing a few of your best players is a significant impact. This is evident with Northern at the moment. They have improved a hell of a lot given given where they are currently sitting and only a few weeks ago were on top of the ladder at the half way mark. Im sure not many people would have thought that would be the case.

If they can get their best players on the park and with the improvement in the younger players I believe they would be hard to beat, but all depends if they get them all back.

If not, Oak Park look like the team to beat.

It will be difficult for Sunbury to make it from here, who is the most vulnerable currently in the four? Perhaps this weeks game between Saints and districts will reveal who is the most vulnerable, but I believe the 4 is set, just a change in places.

Burnside over East Sunbury 46 pts
taylors just I’ve Sunbury 8 pts
districts over saints 19 pts
Oakers over Haddy 30 pts

I wouldn't discredit northern or CD either i dont think its as clear cut as a Taylors lakes Oak park Grand Final

Definitely not clear cut. Not even close.
CD vs Northern was an absolutely fantastic game today. Both had heaps out. I missed the 1st quarter but I've seen TL a bit this year, and I don't think they beat either team based on today. And NS already smashed them a few weeks ago. And CD had like 24 scoring shots at Oak Park just last week and NS have already beaten them.

Wide open comp.

Remove this Banner Ad

EDFL Div 2 discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Back