EDFL Div 2 discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone giving Lakes a chance? Westy have very good run and carry. Shots on goal will be a worry for Jock. In saying that, they’ve got the cattle to beat Westy. One of the sides will need to have an off day
Lakes by 64, will be a blow out. Westy been great this finals series but just don't have the cattle to go with TL

Gee a big accusation right there, bit of mud throwing without any evidence. My understanding is that Westy is financially ok, not a great deal in the bank but scrapping by cant comment on st albans but I highly doubt you know the truth about either clubs. I know the players at westy are playing for nothing, basically, and that's why they are doing well, mateship from underage teams coming through. Must be a slow news day for you.

On SM-G990E using BigFooty.com mobile app
You havent addressed my point . If i am correct which i am , is it fair that all other clubs pay their monthly bill to the EDFL and a couple do not . Ask around and you will find that the 2 clubs mentioned have been on a pay back schedule with the league for the whole year . WHY ???.
Might be a little embarassing if one of the clubs ask to see the financials and then pulls the by laws out to collect a premiership by default .
No club should be allowed to play for points if they are unfinancial . Its just basic fairness.
Happy to pay their players over the odds payments but cant stump up the money for the association that they partly own . Disgusting attitude

What makes you think a blowout of that much? Do you reckon Westy would roll over or maybe given how good they’ve been, their luck may run out against a well drilled and refreshed Lakes

Hadfield FC and coach Ang have parted ways. All reports he seamed to do a good job with them this year. Hearing he has an offer at a NFNL club.

You havent addressed my point . If i am correct which i am , is it fair that all other clubs pay their monthly bill to the EDFL and a couple do not . Ask around and you will find that the 2 clubs mentioned have been on a pay back schedule with the league for the whole year . WHY ???.
Might be a little embarassing if one of the clubs ask to see the financials and then pulls the by laws out to collect a premiership by default .
No club should be allowed to play for points if they are unfinancial . Its just basic fairness.
Happy to pay their players over the odds payments but cant stump up the money for the association that they partly own . Disgusting attitude
If this is the case, can’t deny it’s unacceptable and should be dealt with. However, you actually can’t blame the club, they are doing what is being accepted by the league. Good on them for making a granny. But once again the league has failed in this case.

Couldn’t agree more with this take.

Happy to pay players over the odds you can't be talking about westy. We all know they are paying very little for the few experienced players and basically nothing for the kids. As far as the other part, I'm unaware of that.

They shouldnt be paying anything when you owe money to the EDFL .
Never forget this is the club that had 2 of the biggest days in local football when Swan played for them . They went to the EDFL at the of that year to tell them they had no money. The board accepted the Westmeadows pathetic Presidents excuses. That President is now on the EDFL board.
Those 2 days were a licence to print money , and just like that "KAPOOF " its all gone .

They shouldnt be paying anything when you owe money to the EDFL .
Never forget this is the club that had 2 of the biggest days in local football when Swan played for them . They went to the EDFL at the of that year to tell them they had no money. The board accepted the Westmeadows pathetic Presidents excuses. That President is now on the EDFL board.
Those 2 days were a licence to print money , and just like that "KAPOOF " its all gone .
You obviously got a problem with Westy for whatever reason, so tell ya story to someone who cares. I'll focus on watching my club play off in a gf and enjoy the weekend win or lose.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How’s everyone’s predictions been in the past? I wonder if a week off for Lakes is worse for them? Westy have the momentum. Anyone got some valid points for whoever they think wins and why? Lakes you’d think have stronger 1v1 players across the ground, but boy it’s tough. Both will need to play 4qtrs to win

How’s everyone’s predictions been in the past? I wonder if a week off for Lakes is worse for them? Westy have the momentum. Anyone got some valid points for whoever they think wins and why? Lakes you’d think have stronger 1v1 players across the ground, but boy it’s tough. Both will need to play 4qtrs to win
Wonder if either team will be able to hold their own in div 1. What Oak Park has achieved after being promoted is remarkable. But I don't think think Westy or TL are as strong as what Oak Park were last year.

On SM-G970F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last time I checked the EDFL were owed over $500k by clubs for all sorts of reasons and you think these are the only 2 clubs with arrangements in place to ensure they provide their local community with an essential service.

Last edited by a moderator:
Glenroy now advertising for a new coach.
Also a soft spot for Westie, hoping they get up, but don’t see them being strong enough for Div 1. I think Lakes will be stronger on the day and in Div 1.

Attachments

• IMG_0662.jpeg
    IMG_0662.jpeg
    256.7 KB · Views: 35
Westy by 4 in seniors
Kangaroos by 13 in ressies
Haddy by 66 in 18s

Having a look at the 18s results for Haddy, how the hell were in division 2? They dished out weeks and weeks of beltings even to teams placed just under them. Easily would've made for a decent division 1 side. What a let down for the other young blokes thanks to the EDFL circus.

You obviously got a problem with Westy for whatever reason, so tell ya story to someone who cares. I'll focus on watching my club play off in a gf and enjoy the weekend win or lose.

My only problem with Westy along with any other clubs that are unfinancial is that they are unfinancial.
You may not be watching them from what i have heard . Its a Grand Final and you win however possible.
We have a good competition when it is administered to the rules. Once we start giving clubs a leg up its no fair to all .

Westy by 4 in seniors
Haddy by 66 in 18s

Having a look at the 18s results for Haddy, how the hell were in division 2? They dished out weeks and weeks of beltings even to teams placed just under them. Easily would've made for a decent division 1 side. What a let down for the other young blokes thanks to the EDFL circus.

I can assure you Strathmore will get alot closer than 66points.

Westy by 4 in seniors
Haddy by 66 in 18s

Taylors Lakes by 35

My only problem with Westy along with any other clubs that are unfinancial is that they are unfinancial.
You may not be watching them from what i have heard . Its a Grand Final and you win however possible.
We have a good competition when it is administered to the rules. Once we start giving clubs a leg up its no fair to all .
Then generalise your statement. There would be 10-15 clubs on some kind of finance arrangement, including Premier Division clubs paying a lot more to be competitive than the 2 clubs you chose to highlight.

The EDFL are trying to keep as many clubs viable and kids playing community sport as possible while dealing with the toughest economic conditions most of us have ever seen…

Club volunteers and the EDFL are working together to make this happen. Good on both of them. Good luck to all teams still playing

I’m also sure a few years back Keilor Park lost points during the season due to being unfinancial so if this is true where is the fairness to treat each club the same..

Remove this Banner Ad

EDFL Div 2 discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back