EDFL Div 2 discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Well done Northern. Much better around the ball and plenty of run run run. Definitely deserved the win today. Good banter in the crowd too. Disappointed for my mob but that's footy. Looking forward to next year.

No live scoring for the big game it seems?

On SM-G970F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Would someone be able to pop the scores up, if you are at the game and see this? Please.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

How many games did he play? Way to good for this division

I think he played most games turbo just off the top of my head. They signed his mate Gooch to played a good level at Darwin according to the socials. Also lost Golding signed at Roxy

I think he played most games turbo just off the top of my head. They signed his mate Gooch to played a good level at Darwin according to the socials. Also lost Golding signed at Roxy

Mate Gooch is bloody good as well. Best of luck.

Don’t know the Kangaroos President. CD President definitely been there to long, overpaid big $$$ on mediocre players for no reward. However I beg to differ on the Glenroy President. A strong leader who understands community football.
CD president is a fine man. People forget, after coming over from wrfl 9 years ago they had NO juniors, now they are thriving in this space. Serious talent in the juniors now.. despite various clubs within an arms reach geographically..
Slow burn, still gotta give the club some credit..

CD president is a fine man. People forget, after coming over from wrfl 9 years ago they had NO juniors, now they are thriving in this space. Serious talent in the juniors now.. despite various clubs within an arms reach geographically..
Cat is a ripper and not sure there is anyone else willing or capable to take over down there. Agree the junior program has improved but also agree they get over priced duds. Cavka I think is an excellent choice and if he plays you get a dominant midfielder in this comp.
Not sure who is SK president so can’t comment.
Glenroy President Muzza is an absolute gentleman and a respected person and played at a high level. Probably doing purely to help the club as not many others keen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cat is a ripper and not sure there is anyone else willing or capable to take over down there. Agree the junior program has improved but also agree they get over priced duds. Cavka I think is an excellent choice and if he plays you get a dominant midfielder in this comp.
Not sure who is SK president so can’t comment.
Glenroy President Muzza is an absolute gentleman and a respected person and played at a high level. Probably doing purely to help the club as not many others keen.
The Kangaroos are in safe hands with Mick Streiff at the helm of the club. But I do think there needs to be some changes in the committee. A good night so far at the club tonight despite today's results.

Last edited:
The Kangaroos are in safe hands with Mick Strieff at the helm of the club. But I do think there needs to be some changes in the committee. A good night so far at the club tonight despite today's results.

I dunno, u better ask turbos mail first before you make claims like the club is having a good night..

Cheers turbo, have some good kids the 18ns coming through so hopefully have a good mix of old and young.

Will they be there for seniors? Interesting they had their presentation night the night before the 18s play in a grand final.

I wasn’t talking about the junior growth, if you call an arrangement with St Francis growth. I was more referring to the ridiculous amount of money spent/wasted on below average players over many years. If the rumours about Covelli are true you can add blowing the salary cap to the Presidents resume.

Westy in good hands after today. Beaten by a stronger and bigger Lakes. Congrats to them. Westy from what I heard played with 32/46 points and would be far below the salary cap. They had their chances to win as well and weren’t out of it. Some say that a couple of boys who went to Epping will be back and I believe Mitch Church is returning. Huge boost to a forward line that needed a big key today. I only know of Hollow at Epping and not sure who else. Congrats to a great game and Lakes on a fantastic win
not sure hollow will be back as his dad is the senior coach at epping I would stay with O Grady at full forward and leave church where he is, as west are building a strong youthful team and a fair chuck are all ex premiership u19 players they have a really strong bond .get some gym work into them for a bit more size and they will be set for quite a few years

Will they be there for seniors? Interesting they had their presentation night the night before the 18s play in a grand final.

I too found that oddly strange.. we can only hope they stick around for the jump to seniors. You’d think they would but never know these days.

Golding played about 6 games in 2 years. Became very unreliable from what I heard. Haddy happy to see him gone.

Congratulations to Taylor’s Lakes for winning the flag. Good luck to them in Div One.

Finals are a different beast to the home and away and Westy did well enough. Good finals serie from them. Unfortunate for Burnside they had the injuries they had, but if you are good enough you’ll cover for them.

Also congrats to Northern on back to back in the twos they seemed to have celebrated well after the game amongst the Westy faithful. Could hear them from the food vans!

And congrats to Haddy on their 18’s flag.

Well done to all the players who achieved Team of the Year selection, special shout out to the two northern boys in K. Taleb and N.Bruno from the saints enjoyed watching their forward craft during the year. Taleb is one smart forward player with plenty of skills both side of his body and a good mark, very experienced and composed, and Bruno a genuine forward, his foot skills are elite, arguably one of the best kicks for goal in the competition

I’ll now enjoy seeing what clubs do from here on in till early next year, this Div is set to get better with two teams coming down. From the looks of it CD have signalled their intentions early and will be interesting to see how they go.

As evidenced this year with Burnside and Taylor’s the addition of a few classy experienced players can make all the difference, so clubs wanting to improve are gonna have to recruit shrewdly or they’ll simply just go backwards.

I wasn’t talking about the junior growth, if you call an arrangement with St Francis growth. I was more referring to the ridiculous amount of money spent/wasted on below average players over many years. If the rumours about Covelli are true you can add blowing the salary cap to the Presidents resume.
I think the growth component is relevant in the "wasted signings" dilemma. CD had no juniors when they came from wrfl. the more quality you have coming through the junior system as 1 pointers makes it a bit easier to know who your going after with signings. Something CD is relatively new to and I hope for their sake they get it right in the coming years

Remove this Banner Ad

EDFL Div 2 discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back