EDFL Div 2 discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

I think the only disappointing teams were SK and probably CD. East probably went as expected, Roy's had some very close loses which had they of won would've made them look a bit more respectable.

On SM-G970F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Roys had a percentage of 90, had 2 draws and a couple other close losses. Considering where they've come from in 22 and 23, thats more than respectable

With the announcement of juzzy Belleville as co coach with Dave morrice at East Sunbury. They will certainly be no easy beats next year.
These 2 blokes certainly have alot of contacts to call upon. Watch this space
Will be easy beats in 2025 and maybe even 2026. Normally takes 3 years before being competitive again when starting from scratch.

If they can both commit long term they wild definitely give East a chance of building a competitive football program again.

Will be easy beats in 2025 and maybe even 2026. Normally takes 3 years before being competitive again when starting from scratch.

If they can both commit long term they wild definitely give East a chance of building a competitive football program again.
East Sunbury had some talented players over the years. Burnside, Ogilvie, Bernacki. And what happened to Tom Cree. He was a jet and won a comp medal for u18

East Sunbury had some talented players over the years. Burnside, Ogilvie, Bernacki. And what happened to Tom Cree. He was a jet and won a comp medal for u18
Fairly sure Cree was playing up at Dimmy in the Wimmera league last year. I think even Lever was a good player too before going to the Lions. Definitely had some talent East. Really hope they can get going next year.

On SM-G970F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Mitch Church has been announced as signed at Westy. From memory he doesn't often do the team things a bit hungry, he'll need to be a team player or he'll find himself in the 2s. Hope he does well for them.

On SM-G990E using BigFooty.com mobile app
When was the last time you watched him play? I’ll put every asset I have that he won’t play twos and he couldn’t be more of a team player who develops youth. The swipes to him of late have been ridiclious. He was the captain at East and would make a great coach one day just by talking to him. You can’t knock his experience. It’s time to lay off don’t you think? Yes he’s a mate of mine and very well respected. His footy I’m sure will do the talking now and Westy are much better for having him return

Have heard that Rex Hickman and one assistant coach have both left the club? That must be why Westy have gone after Church for experience with Rex leaving. Any news on who might be assistants with Flavel next year as I think Rex was also an assistant coach?
Any other information on what Westy are doing this pre season? They've been pretty quiet compared to other clubs.

When was the last time you watched him play? I’ll put every asset I have that he won’t play twos and he couldn’t be more of a team player who develops youth. The swipes to him of late have been ridiclious. He was the captain at East and would make a great coach one day just by talking to him. You can’t knock his experience. It’s time to lay off don’t you think? Yes he’s a mate of mine and very well respected. His footy I’m sure will do the talking now and Westy are much better for having him return
Saw him play when last at club. I thought he was a little selfish in the fwd line back then, my opinion. He very well may have changed with responsibilities at ES, which is great. Hopefully, that's going to be the case at Westy as the kids absolutely play for each other. And yes, I would say Ash would drop him to the 2s if not playing a team game, I didn't say he'll only play 2s. Maybe read and think before overreacting. good for you sticking up for ya, mate.

On SM-G990E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Great response 👍

Church is a ripping guy to have around the playing group and can still hold his own especially in div2. He won’t be going to play 2s. Gone back to help Westy and play with good mates and hopefully win a premiership in his latter years which is commendable.

First time poster, just moved to Melb & looking for a club and been looking at this division for now to get my feel for Melbourne footy and see what it’s like compared to back home. Anyone recommend a club that’s looking for a small forward/midfielder 23 years old. I have had a look at all the clubs but pretty hard to know anything as I don’t know much at all about clubs etc

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

EDFL Div 2 discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back