EDFL Division 2 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Lot of people expecting jacana to improve dramatically... They've only picked up 5 or 6 players.... And they are coming from a hell of a long way back I still think they have a long way to catch up to the better sides in the division

will improve but not enough

They have recruited 8-9 senior players 6 of them will probably be in there top 10 players. There best football last year was competive they had plenty of winnable games just lacked composure & discipline. Only lost to MV by 17 points @ there ground.
Do ever write anything positive Grassbag?

They have recruited 8-9 senior players 6 of them will probably be in there top 10 players. There best football last year was competive they had plenty of winnable games just lacked composure & discipline. Only lost to MV by 17 points @ there ground.
Do ever write anything positive Grassbag?

They also copped some big beltings.... Not being negative... Just realistic

Good get for Jacana :thumbsu:

http://www.essendondfl.com.au/news/...nson-returns-to-jacana-division-2-r1-preview/
Bribane Lions Chris Johnson returns to his home club
Triple premiership player with the Brisbane Lions Chris Johnson is pulling on the boots at his junior club Jacana this week.
The former Avondale Heights coach will play selected games for Jacana through the season when work permits. And the Jaguars are thrilled to have Johnson on board for the season opener at home against Coburg Districts.

rumour down at jacana is that a couple of young guns want to come home Billy Morrison(glenroy) and Mitch Day (douttas)

Jacana in trouble or is it just another McGuire drumming up headlines?

JACANA Football Club faces a fierce off-field battle to ensure the siren doesn’t sound on its playing days.
The club, formed in 1961, is the latest in a string of local football teams fighting to remain in existence.

It follows the demise of seven nearby clubs — Dallas Blues, Broadmeadows Bandits, Holy Child, St Dominic’s, Brunswick-Broadmeadows, Gladstone Park and Meadow Heights.

Treasurer Khan Sayers said a campaign was in progress to save the club.

>>Are you supporting the campaign to save Jacana Football Club? Tell us why at facebook.com/humeleader

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/leader/...uncertain-future/story-fnglenug-1226961529597

Can anyone confirm if the former Prez of East Sunbury has been sacked and all recognition of his work is now non-existent ???? ;)
No champ, there is a new committee and new coaches and a new outlook, just trying to compete a little harder and add some polish for 2015. Not going to win the flag but playing 4 qtrs of solid football. Go East 2015!

Burnside's coach has stepped down for next season, due to work commitments. They've have begin searching for a new Senior Coach.

This was posted on the clubs facebook page last night.
FROM THE PRESIDENT:

I am saddened to advise that Shane Rayment has elected to stand down as the clubs Senior Coach for season 2015.

Shane has advised that due to work commitments he will be unable to commit the amount of time he believes is adequate to fulfil his duties. Whilst extremely disappointed with the news I applaud Shane for his selflessness with this decision which was made for the lon...g tern benefit of the club and the playing group.

I am sure you will all join with me in thanking Shane for his tremendous efforts this year is establishing the Senior groups and building a strong foundation and culture for the years ahead.

Being the committed club man that Shane is, he has advised that he will be remaining with his club in an off field role and the committee is delighted to have Shane's wisdom and experience available which will benefit the club in the years to come. I am proud to say that Shane calls the Bears 'Home'

The club will now begin its search for a new Senior Coach.

Justin Peagram.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

RESERVES GF - EK V MV:
MV won a tight game that either side could have won, MV were far more disciplined though and it counted. Patto had a chance to draw the game after the siren but unfortunately he was 55m out and didn't make the distance. He still goes ok for an overweight old bloke Patto. Melee to finish the game though. What a disgrace by the EK Reserves at the end of the GF. Sore losers decided to belt a MV player that was celebrating his team's Premiership a little too heartily. Yeah maybe he should've pulled his head in and not celebrated in front of the EK crowd, but so what...winners are grinners yeah?

The EK reserves coach should never be allowed to coach again after running onto the field to throw one of the first punches at that MV player....he sent the message to his players that it was ok to start swinging and then guess what happened? an all in brawl.....who would've thought?? Disgusting really. A bigger disgrace was the behaviour of the EK crowd who ran on the field to start throwing punches and kicks too....also a certain E.K. and current VFL player should be more careful than getting involved in such instances i would have thought, he has a bright future and shouldn't be wasting his time with acts like that. I saw a dog act by an EK "supporter" who kicked a MV player in the face while he was on all fours.

When, when, when will the EDFL act more severely on these dog acts by players, coaches and supporters?? make EK reserves start next year on -20 ladder points and release a presser explaining that this is the new penalty moving forward regardless of what time of year. Punish the club for it's supporters actions. Well done to the 1 and only E.K person that was telling the E.K players and fans to stop disrespecting the club, league and fans on what's meant to be a great day. He was genuinely distraught by what his clubs people were doing.

I am not involved at any club right now, just an EDFL supporter really, but what's obvious is that Div 2 clubs need to realise it's not just their football that makes them a Div2 club, it's their culture and mindset in general too. Only in a Div2 GF would you see a reserves coach hit a player after losing a GF by 1 point. Only in Div 2 would a player get sent off for fighting, with 7mins to go in a tight GF, making his team play a GF with 1 less player for the last 7mins, then get high 5's from his teamates and coach. Appalling.

Where i was sitting there were EK people that admitted that those acts gave their club a bad reputation and that they'd want the club to ban anyone that was involved in that "melee'"

SENIORS GF- EK V RP:
In the seniors, EK outplayed RP all day really and were deserving winners, a great day at the footy really, except for the disgusting finish to the Reserves GF. When R.P knew they couldn't win, number 5 for R.P. tried to start a melee but didn't get very far at all. Jumper punches don't make you a hero son! he quickly stopped when number 21 from E.K went near him. So well done to E.K for earning promotion to Div 1 in 2015, hopefully your club can act swiftly to ban the people involved in today's disaster and i wish your club all the best in trying to stay up in Div 1.

As you can all see from this post, look what gets spoken more about?? EK winning the one's flag with some good footy being played? or the disgusting finish to the two's GF? fix it before it ruins your club.

Last edited:
100% agree, $14 for the finals is a disgrace, the price of food is an even bigger rort and not being able to get a beer makes it a pretty unattractive experience for a neutral footy fan when the NFL and WRFL finals are just as entertaining and only a few Kms away.

G'day EDFL guy's, just wanting to get some info BurnsideFC, am moving to area and looking to play and a mate told me that they are a young side with plenty of up side but do struggle, wanting info as to the club. How do they go, are they competitive etc. Have had a look at the results from the season but as all know that isnt always a reflection on a side, at times sides get blown out of the water in a quarter but are ok for the other 3 so any genuine info would be appreciated.

G'day EDFL guy's, just wanting to get some info BurnsideFC, am moving to area and looking to play and a mate told me that they are a young side with plenty of up side but do struggle, wanting info as to the club. How do they go, are they competitive etc. Have had a look at the results from the season but as all know that isnt always a reflection on a side, at times sides get blown out of the water in a quarter but are ok for the other 3 so any genuine info would be appreciated.

Best way to sum them up is with these points:

1) if you expect to play seniors week in week out and haven't played for more than 3 years, then yes, go down there. My Pop might get a game in their one's in 2015. he goes alright ol' Pop.
2) if you expect to get paid to play footy, don't go there.
3) if you like winning football games, don't go there
4) if you are ok with the odd 30 goal loss, go there
5) if you have 10 years of footy in front of you and you don't care if you lose every week for the next two years, go there.
6) if you want to play with the best footy players in the area that you live, don't go there
7) if you don't mind having teamates that are 36 y.o and have just taken up the sport for the first time, go there...good luck waiting to be hit on the chest by one of their kicks...if they get the ball.
8) if you want to just "have a kick" maybe just do that instead and don't join the team because there will be some games when Burnside done touch the ball.

2014 was their 1st year as a senior side so yes it will take time for them to be a decent side in the EDFL. especially when their model is to not pay players. by not paying players it means that any decent one's in that area will be drawn to hillside sharks or caroline springs (wrfl) instead.

good luck with your decision.

Remove this Banner Ad

EDFL Division 2 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Back