EDFL Division 2 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't know you personally but it's strange a coach steps down 4 games into a season because they can't take them any further.. Surely you knew this before the season or decide at the end of the season. Only reason I would agree with your decision is "if" there is a better person available.
I personally think Burnside are is trouble and unlike other new clubs are not run by experienced footy people or businessman. There junior program isn't the best either and seem to be constantly involved in issues. So the question is do they have good leaders running the place..

Not sure on your logic on this one. The juniors are doing very well and this year they have 12 junior teams. Last year the won a flag in Under 10's and Under 14's and made finals in every age group and have started strong again this year. Their Under 12's just dislodged Hillside from Div.1. Agree the seniors are a work in progress but they aren't paying much so you can't expect miracles.

Lol haha very true a investigation that never happened. Pretty disgraceful club Kp are. They lost and they accept the win says a lot. It's shows what they stand for.
KP agreed the final score was incorrect. If there's a problem chase it up with the EDFL, pretty sure they have the final say.

Lol haha very true a investigation that never happened. Pretty disgraceful club Kp are. They lost and they accept the win says a lot. It's shows what they stand for.

As just mentioned, KP's Team Manager said the 15 point margin didnt seem right. The club is dissapointed that any confusion exists, they want to play fair and win fair. 2 weeks in a row they were subject to EDFL officials not matching with the scorers.

Also what would you say the club stands for? Having a home game and promoting a shared raffle so Roxy could make some money out of the special occasion also? Having 30+ junior kids and families stay and support the Seniors until the very end? I bet you got a buzz out of playing in front of that crowd instead of the 10 supporters the club had last year. Having the club rooms full of people supporting the club until 11:30 at night? Not presenting the Anzac Cup at all due to the confusion, and only singing the song once the EDFL officials gave THEIR final score 20 minutes after the siren? Sending a player to the tribunal to assist in one of Roxy's players getting off i heard also?

No need to pencil June 18 in.. its already in the fixture, we all know about it, should be another good contest. Also KP's ball that night, so maybe do pencil it in and get a ticket, ripping functions so far this year.

Lets move on, its local footy boys. All doing our best!

Never blamed KP for the mess at then end of the game at all ,
UNTIL they wrote a 2nd team sheet & adjusted their goal kickers , to match goal umpires score...

From what I'm hearing it ain't over yet......as far as Roxy are concerned, more to come.
Also pencil in round 10, 18th June when KP travel to Roxy.
Was at that game roxy should never of been in that position in the first place, playing a bottom side they should of been 10 goals up . Dissapointing

Never blamed KP for the mess at then end of the game at all ,
UNTIL they wrote a 2nd team sheet & adjusted their goal kickers , to match goal umpires score...

G'day, long time reader, first time poster!

That's a pretty serious accusation you're making there mate...now I'm assuming most people posting on here dont have too much of an actual idea of the inner workings of club politics/issues which is fine, banter and discussion is always good fun. But when you're making an accusation about a club cheating, I think you should also come out from behind your cloke of annonymity and say exactly who you are, where you got your information and provide some proof. If not, then it might be a good idea to remove your comment...

Last edited:
Just read an article in The Star local paper that said the League have to stick with the goal umpires score cards, so it sounds like the goal umpires are not admitting to any errors. Perhaps they are the ones to blame for the muck up.

I was at the Keilor Park v Roxy game and it looked like Roxy won the game. At the end of the game the scoreboard showed them winning by 6 points. Many people have mentioned the scoreboard could have been wrong but watching the game it did not appear as if goals were missed on the board. After the game the Roxy bench celebrated and the Keilor Park bench and players did not. I find it impossible to believe each bench did not know the scores as the match was being played. From other comments on here it seems Roxy have appealed the result. If they are correct it looks pretty bad for Keilor Park because they would have known the result at the end of the match and if Roxy are proven to be not correct I'm sure there would be some sort of penalty for wasting everyone's time. I have mentioned before on here that watching the game Roxy kicked 4 goals in the third quarter and Keilor Park 2 yet the scores on EDFL have this the other way around. Perhaps what was initially an error might have become something more.

I was at the Keilor Park v Roxy game and it looked like Roxy won the game. At the end of the game the scoreboard showed them winning by 6 points. Many people have mentioned the scoreboard could have been wrong but watching the game it did not appear as if goals were missed on the board. After the game the Roxy bench celebrated and the Keilor Park bench and players did not. I find it impossible to believe each bench did not know the scores as the match was being played. From other comments on here it seems Roxy have appealed the result. If they are correct it looks pretty bad for Keilor Park because they would have known the result at the end of the match and if Roxy are proven to be not correct I'm sure there would be some sort of penalty for wasting everyone's time. I have mentioned before on here that watching the game Roxy kicked 4 goals in the third quarter and Keilor Park 2 yet the scores on EDFL have this the other way around. Perhaps what was initially an error might have become something more.

Hi all, I've noticed a lot of these comments posted on here (including mine) relate to what was kicked in the 3rd & 4th quarters. The game was played over 4 quarters so in total who kicked the biggest score. Was the scores at 1/2 time correct?
It seems most on here was at the game and you all were keeping score and believe Roxy won easy. Well let me tell you all I was there and it seemed to me and others around me, including Roxy supporters and neutral supporters the game was close all game and no won knew who "really" won. Tell the truth guys, as neither club really celebrated post siren. Maybe a few Roxy players believed they won going off the scoreboard but neither clubs coaches or officals seemed convinced who won. I was there and sober. It was a very strange situation. To say a club or league goal umpire cheated is ridiculous. But I agree the league should investigate the result if Roxy believe they won. But if anyone on here can honestly say they kept scores all game then maybe you might really know the true result.
I'm guessing a lot of people went to the game expecting Roxy to beat KP easy but that wasn't the case at all. It was a very close game. I was thinking this to and intended to leave at 1/2 time but stayed the whole game as it was very close.

I will finish by saying if Roxy "did" lose the game it can't be blamed entirely on the umpires or others. I have my explained my thoughts on why Roxy lost and although the club has improved in a lot of areas and seem to be heading in the right direction ultimately the game is won with 22 players v 22 players..

Lol
As just mentioned, KP's Team Manager said the 15 point margin didnt seem right. The club is dissapointed that any confusion exists, they want to play fair and win fair. 2 weeks in a row they were subject to EDFL officials not matching with the scorers.

Also what would you say the club stands for? Having a home game and promoting a shared raffle so Roxy could make some money out of the special occasion also? Having 30+ junior kids and families stay and support the Seniors until the very end? I bet you got a buzz out of playing in front of that crowd instead of the 10 supporters the club had last year. Having the club rooms full of people supporting the club until 11:30 at night? Not presenting the Anzac Cup at all due to the confusion, and only singing the song once the EDFL officials gave THEIR final score 20 minutes after the siren? Sending a player to the tribunal to assist in one of Roxy's players getting off i heard also?

No need to pencil June 18 in.. its already in the fixture, we all know about it, should be another good contest. Also KP's ball that night, so maybe do pencil it in and get a ticket, ripping functions so far this year.

Lets move on, its local footy boys. All doing our best!
I never played in the game you must be thinking I am someone else. I never played so I don't know y you think that.
Yes it was a very good think Kp didn't with the rather if that's true cos I had no idea. Nor did I play for Kp last year. I don't play I just watch mate. I can't play for the life of me.

Lol

I never played in the game you must be thinking I am someone else. I never played so I don't know y you think that.
Yes it was a very good think Kp didn't with the rather if that's true cos I had no idea. Nor did I play for Kp last year. I don't play I just watch mate. I can't play for the life of me.

Wtf, is this even in English? ^^

If your going to throw out comments like this, you'd want to be able to back them up with some facts champ. all you seem to do is slag off KP, like you've got a grudge against them, and you also talk a lot about Tullamarine FC. You must have links to these clubs?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol

Summing up:

You don't play, can"t play. (I think)

Last edited:
Great to see the Silver joining us on this thread. I didn't think Silver would step into div2, but the great man has!! Silver some people just have no idea on footy. Lol

I have a vested interested now Turbs. I see Saad Saad has managed 4 goals in three games since his return from Seymour. Like I said a few weeks back, the former superman has embraced his very own case of kryptonite = age. Sad to see.

I have a vested interested now Turbs. I see Saad Saad has managed 4 goals in three games since his return from Seymour. Like I said a few weeks back, the former superman has embraced his very own case of kryptonite = age. Sad to see.
In fairness to Saad he has been played off the half back flank with a little time up forward as he adjusts to the standard - he still does a lot of good work off the ball and as the season goes on will make a difference

In fairness to Saad he has been played off the half back flank with a little time up forward as he adjusts to the standard - he still does a lot of good work off the ball and as the season goes on will make a difference
Very good comment from the bar. As turbo said some blokes on here just have no idea on football and make comments based on stats seen in the results rather then watching a game ie: silver tongue who thinks his knowledge for football is to good for this standard of footy and would be a self proclaimed superstar.

Burnside to get smashed by 150 points ?
new coach wounder if theirs been some big changes ?

talk of players walking out to ????

can any burnside people conform this ?

tips !

kp -150
es-20
jagz !! -40
east k -25

Very good comment from the bar. As turbo said some blokes on here just have no idea on football and make comments based on stats seen in the results rather then watching a game ie: silver tongue who thinks his knowledge for football is to good for this standard of footy and would be a self proclaimed superstar.

Some fairly ignorant assumptions there blueandwhiteroos. Comments based upon stats in the published results is a good starting point for any interested observer, and FromTheBar has provided a balanced and reasoned account of Saad's output and offered a solid reason why his goal tally might be lower than expected. Unlike your nonsensical diatribe which offered nothing.
ps. If you read Turbo's post again ... slowly ... I suspect he may have been referring to the likes of you.

Last edited:

Nothing further to offer champ? You were mooching about the thread today....

Some don't like it when people have a crack back at them.
Get down to Eureka on Sunday if you're free.

Sent from my SM-N915G using Tapatalk

Hey there Jet. Yep I reckon Eureka might be the go watching Goodsey and co. versus City. Very interested in how that goes.

Some fairly ignorant assumptions there blueandwhiteroos. Comments based upon stats in the published results is a good starting point for any interested observer, and FromTheBar has provided a balanced and reasoned account of Saad's output and offered a solid reason why his goal tally might be lower than expected. Unlike your nonsensical diatribe which offered nothing.
ps. If you read Turbo's post again ... slowly ... I suspect he may have been referring to the likes of you.

Hey Silver old friend, they don't understand your footy knowledge on here. Lol

Remove this Banner Ad

EDFL Division 2 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Back