EDFL Division 2 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

When I Was at the east Sunbury jacana game I heard there was a bit of division betwen Guys not wanting to play 1's

I'm not involved down there so not sure if it's on the money but where's there's smoke
it must have worked whatever they did, they beat coburg by 13 goals

it must have worked whatever they did, they beat coburg by 13 goals
Jacana massive surprise? Late run for finals?
Coburg surely not favourites anymore!
Roxy easy win, getting some seperation on percentage from the pack
Ek getting the job done, cruising nicely

Kimuliatis up forward this week was the major factor contributing to the win for Jacana, he had been forced down back for most of the season. Few others that have recently hit some form too. I think they may have forgotten how hard they worked to get to the final day last season and thought this year would come easy, finally it has clicked, looks like a late surge is on the cards, may grab 4th spot. They have a larger bunch who they can call up from 2nds this year too! Bonetto not the most talented guy but a workhorse down back. Brown is on and off, but can kick a bag vs any div 2 team in his day. But anyway. Roxy the team to beat. 2nds are quality, most likely to take that step into div1.

Kimuliatis up forward this week was the major factor contributing to the win for Jacana, he had been forced down back for most of the season. Few others that have recently hit some form too. I think they may have forgotten how hard they worked to get to the final day last season and thought this year would come easy, finally it has clicked, looks like a late surge is on the cards, may grab 4th spot. They have a larger bunch who they can call up from 2nds this year too! Bonetto not the most talented guy but a workhorse down back. Brown is on and off, but can kick a bag vs any div 2 team in his day. But anyway. Roxy the team to beat. 2nds are quality, most likely to take that step into div1.

Could do some damage if they make finals full of confidence

MV the team to beat IMO. Come finals, I think they will step up and are probably the most disciplined side in div2. Roxy and CD maybe have more top end talent in this division, but finals is different. Who would be spending the most coin are usually up the top so that's CD then Roxy I would think.

MV the team to beat IMO. Come finals, I think they will step up and are probably the most disciplined side in div2. Roxy and CD maybe have more top end talent in this division, but finals is different. Who would be spending the most coin are usually up the top so that's CD then Roxy I would think.

You have no idea

All of roxy's players are home grown talent with the exception of 1 or 2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MV the team most likely to stay up in Div 1 once they make it up there, seems they are supported more the better theyre doing. Bandwagoners. No offense to any, just an outside view. Well capable of winning, but on form and going on RP is overdue, they have serious competition. Any team in top 5 could win on their day.

Who would be spending the most coin are usually up the top so that's CD then Roxy I would think.

Roxy are doing everything the correct way

No player gets more than $250 it's all about the club down there and playing for the junper and as you well know turbo I'm not a Roxy person

They have fantastic depth and are ready to make the jump and if they fail to get out of div 2 they will lose a few top end players that are very capable and want to play in a higher div

The question remains though have they built enough bank to increase their spend for div 1 which they will obviously need to

The point is is they haven't sold the farm to get out of div three like other clubs such as reservoir

But everything I hear about how the club is run is fantastic... Very sustainable unlike a lot of clubs in the edfl well supported club too friendly people everytime I'm down there watching mates play always made to feel very welcome by blokes I've never met

You have no idea

All of roxy's players are home grown talent with the exception of 1 or 2

Do you think because players are homegrown they don't get paid, or paid much you must be kidding yourself. First of all it's only my opinion of what I know of other clubs. I don't care what clubs pay because if you can raise it you spend it how you wish.
Do the sums buddy.
250 X 10 players is 2500 =45k per season
100 X 5 players is 500 = 9k
Plus coach & assistants

That's around 70k and that's if we believe the max payment is 250 which I don't believe TBH. Think a few players are on more buddy.. But 70k plus is a good budget for div2 club..

For the record, clubs should look after there own talent as that's a mistake some clubs make to pay outsiders more even if the home player is just as good.

Anyway good luck to all clubs but Roxy are not over the line yet. EK, MV have as much chance to win in but my selection is MV..

Do you think because players are homegrown they don't get paid, or paid much you must be kidding yourself. First of all it's only my opinion of what I know of other clubs. I don't care what clubs pay because if you can raise it you spend it how you wish.
Do the sums buddy.
250 X 10 players is 2500 =45k per season
100 X 5 players is 500 = 9k
Plus coach & assistants

That's around 70k and that's if we believe the max payment is 250 which I don't believe TBH. Think a few players are on more buddy.. But 70k plus is a good budget for div2 club..

For the record, clubs should look after there own talent as that's a mistake some clubs make to pay outsiders more even if the home player is just as good.

Anyway good luck to all clubs but Roxy are not over the line yet. EK, MV have as much chance to win in but my selection is MV..
They are only spending around 40k. that is fact and no one gets more than $250 a game also fact

Last edited:
They are only spending around 40k. that is fact and no one gets more than $250 a game also fact
Cudos to the Roxy Park FC...they run a tight ship down there and seem to go well in the H&A season year in year out... Fact is though, they are still stuck in Div 2 and maybe they do need to spend a bit more to go that one step further?
Massive result in the Jacana/Coburg game. Did anyone see the game who can shed some light? Jacana finally found some form and back in contention??

Cudos to the Roxy Park FC...they run a tight ship down there and seem to go well in the H&A season year in year out... Fact is though, they are still stuck in Div 2 and maybe they do need to spend a bit more to go that one step further?
Massive result in the Jacana/Coburg game. Did anyone see the game who can shed some light? Jacana finally found some form and back in contention??
Jacana had some important players out. Most of the players missing we're slower types, which they replaced with runners. Seemed to work as Cd #7 & 1 were the only ones with outside run for them #1 didn't want to go anywhere near a contest. Jacana delivered to forward line a lot better. CD just bombed in. Edis, Morrison, Kimo & Mall best for jacana

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't see him work the other way though

I don't watch him regularly but been impressed from what I've seen... Heard somewhere he'd played some senior vfl footy

Probably has the most impressive footy resume in div 2

Did hear from a former team mate of his that he plays for much less than he could get elsewhere just to play with his mates at districts.... Great attitude

I don't watch him regularly but been impressed from what I've seen... Heard somewhere he'd played some senior vfl footy

Probably has the most impressive footy resume in div 2

Did hear from a former team mate of his that he plays for much less than he could get elsewhere just to play with his mates at districts.... Great attitude

A few blokes running around Div 2 with decent footy resumes at the moment.

Coburg Districts by a kick. Both teams coming off poor performances so should be a tight contest. Will be a tight, contested game, which will suit the bigger bodies of Coburg
KP - write your own ticket for the margin
Roxy v Jacana - interesting game this one. Roxy flying but Jacana seem to be gathering some momentum..Tipping Jacana in a bit of an upset
EK v The Valley - another close one here. EK should get up at home

A few blokes running around Div 2 with decent footy resumes at the moment.

Coburg Districts by a kick. Both teams coming off poor performances so should be a tight contest. Will be a tight, contested game, which will suit the bigger bodies of Coburg
KP - write your own ticket for the margin
Roxy v Jacana - interesting game this one. Roxy flying but Jacana seem to be gathering some momentum..Tipping Jacana in a bit of an upset
EK v The Valley - another close one here. EK should get up at home

Coburg by 60
KP by 80
roxy by 45
ek by 10

Remove this Banner Ad

EDFL Division 2 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Back