EDFL Division 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Looks like jacana of old were on display today, at least the reserves were, constant fighting, insulting umpires, and one player knocked another player off the ball, which resulted in him having to go hospital! Absolute disgrace by the jacana reserves!

Unfortunately some morons always tarnish there clubs, in the senior game Jacana played a good brand of footy with no trouble or cheap shots to be seen. A very vocal crowd in the last and a very welcoming supporter base in the rooms after the game show to me that Jacana definitely are putting in the effort to leave past behind them.

Unfortunately some morons always tarnish there clubs, in the senior game Jacana played a good brand of footy with no trouble or cheap shots to be seen. A very vocal crowd in the last and a very welcoming supporter base in the rooms after the game show to me that Jacana definitely are putting in the effort to leave past behind them.
The edfl did say the jacana vs hadfield game was one of the best games for the year both clubs have mutual respect for each other and im sure if they face off in the finals it will be another classic. Its a shame that happened in the reserves game i have some form of involvment in the jacana football club and im sure they will be on the front foot with this Incident apart from the one disgusting act the day as a whole was a perfect example of how jacana is moving forward as a club

I've been reading some recent posts and trying to keep it short I will say this. Div3 reserves footy is not for young players to be playing in. If your not solidly built and can handle yourself then you shouldn't play div3 reserves. The seniors have got better but the reserves is no place for youngsters.
It's for this reason clubs in the lower divisions will struggle to hold onto any younger players, especially the talented ones. Yes clubs are trying there best and

Didn't finish sorry..
Yes clubs are "maybe" trying there best to set standards but it's low standard football. You could have the best junior program in the league but if your seniors are playing div3 it's going to be difficult to hold them.
I would also put some div2 teams in this category as well.

Now I know you will all come at me with your replies but it's true. Yes there are some bloody good people at some clubs but there are also some idiots that clubs continually put up with.. This is fact.

I recall going to watch a div3 (well it's called div2) final last year at Glenroys ground and a certain footy club was there watching there reserves and during the senior game warm up were yelling at a team and mouthing off to a particular player who was out injured. This was before the game had even started. There were kids around and all, but it didn't worry them. This stuff only gives your club a bad name. The injured player had enough and walked over there by himself but they soon changed there tune. It's really poor what goes on, but hey it's div3.

PS: I'm not sure about "poking the bear" but not sure some clubs are that innocent and if you give it out one day it might come back.

Good to see that the club has shown the player (or players) the door and are trying hard to move in the right direction. The away club is also trying to do the same thing.

I think coachme is referring to a recent post only last week of an incident after the siren in a reserves game. The same club was playing in yesterday's game. Not sure how true it was but it was mentioned on here and not denied by anyone..

I'm happy to receive replies but probably won't respond as these types of incidents get my blood boiling, especially to hear the person needed hospital attention.

Cheers

Just my thoughts turbo but typically in the lower divisions around Metro Melbourne (Div 3 or equivalent) you have clubs who arn't overflowing with playing numbers, particularly struggling clubs. Unfortunately a lot of clubs arnt exactly in the privileged situation where they can turn away players. Then you have incidents in these leagues in the 2s where clubs get their names carried through the mud from morons who couldn't give a stuff about the hard work the background staff put in.
It's a vicious cycle and one that can difficult to counter. Just my 2c

Just my thoughts turbo but typically in the lower divisions around Metro Melbourne (Div 3 or equivalent) you have clubs who arn't overflowing with playing numbers, particularly struggling clubs. Unfortunately a lot of clubs arnt exactly in the privileged situation where they can turn away players. Then you have incidents in these leagues in the 2s where clubs get their names carried through the mud from morons who couldn't give a stuff about the hard work the background staff put in.
It's a vicious cycle and one that can difficult to counter. Just my 2c

Totally agree with you PRF,
However I'm not sure who was hit other than it was a younger player, but it seems the team affected by the hit are playing some u18kids. Not really a place where young kids should be playing. Sure give the kids experience but play them in your seniors not reserves.

I will tell you from experience. Once we recruited a young player who we meet by chance in a pub. He was from interstate but played a high standard. At the time (about 15 years ago now) we were playing div2 in the WRFL. So the coach picked him in the reserves because it was his first game after training only 2 nights. He dominates at CHB in the 1st half and then so older guy king hits him and we never seen him again. The team we played against was known for this, and there reserves was filled with heros. NOT a smart coaching move..
So I'm sure you understand my point as I do yours mate.

Burnside going backwards fast. Big issues down there I'm hearing. Not sure they will go on senior wise, but exploring other options. Maybe looking at the WRFL.. Not easy to attract big sponsors in that area. Ground is sort of hidden away of the Main Street and it's not good for watching footy. Very open & cold. The social rooms are more community like, as they are away from the boundary line.
Thoughts from others?
What issues have you heard?
I'll declare I had a small involvement last year, the club is very junior focussed and has a few people in power who have no idea in regards to senior footy
At the end of the day they volunteer and put time in so until someone else comes along there's not a lot you can do about it
The fact no player is paid a cent ( changes next year ) means you aren't going to get too many superstars walk in
Found it interesting they re appointed the coach at this stage of season when they get belted week in week out
Doubt he'd be hot property to go else where, but hey what would I know

Didn't finish sorry..
Yes clubs are "maybe" trying there best to set standards but it's low standard football. You could have the best junior program in the league but if your seniors are playing div3 it's going to be difficult to hold them.
I would also put some div2 teams in this category as well.

Now I know you will all come at me with your replies but it's true. Yes there are some bloody good people at some clubs but there are also some idiots that clubs continually put up with.. This is fact.

I recall going to watch a div3 (well it's called div2) final last year at Glenroys ground and a certain footy club was there watching there reserves and during the senior game warm up were yelling at a team and mouthing off to a particular player who was out injured. This was before the game had even started. There were kids around and all, but it didn't worry them. This stuff only gives your club a bad name. The injured player had enough and walked over there by himself but they soon changed there tune. It's really poor what goes on, but hey it's div3.

PS: I'm not sure about "poking the bear" but not sure some clubs are that innocent and if you give it out one day it might come back.

Good to see that the club has shown the player (or players) the door and are trying hard to move in the right direction. The away club is also trying to do the same thing.

I think coachme is referring to a recent post only last week of an incident after the siren in a reserves game. The same club was playing in yesterday's game. Not sure how true it was but it was mentioned on here and not denied by anyone..

I'm happy to receive replies but probably won't respond as these types of incidents get my blood boiling, especially to hear the person needed hospital attention.

Cheers

What issues have you heard?
I'll declare I had a small involvement last year, the club is very junior focussed and has a few people in power who have no idea in regards to senior footy
At the end of the day they volunteer and put time in so until someone else comes along there's not a lot you can do about it
The fact no player is paid a cent ( changes next year ) means you aren't going to get too many superstars walk in
Found it interesting they re appointed the coach at this stage of season when they get belted week in week out
Doubt he'd be hot property to go else where, but hey what would I know

They might be looking to move to the WRFL div3 where the standard is a bit weaker than EDFL div3. They did forfeit a reserves game the other week, which must be a concern. Is there talent coming through, as there 18s are also struggling. Did they go to seniors to early maybe?? As you need a good base being new.
The other new club East Sunbury is ahead of them by quite a bit I think.

Turbos mail you are correct there was an incident after the game had been over for about 5 minutes. It was started by a Moonee Valley reserves player who had earlier been carded and reported. There was probably no reply to the earlier comment as it didnt warrant any clarification but since you have now brought it up again, that is the fact

Turbos mail you are correct there was an incident after the game had been over for about 5 minutes. It was started by a Moonee Valley reserves player who had earlier been carded and reported. There was probably no reply to the earlier comment as it didnt warrant any clarification but since you have now brought it up again, that is the fact
What happen out there that day I was not there but did here about it I hope that MV has moved the player/players on
So what does the top 4 look like at seasons end now who goes in and who comes out
Had
Roxy
Coburg
Jacana

They might be looking to move to the WRFL div3 where the standard is a bit weaker than EDFL div3. They did forfeit a reserves game the other week, which must be a concern. Is there talent coming through, as there 18s are also struggling. Did they go to seniors to early maybe?? As you need a good base being new.
The other new club East Sunbury is ahead of them by quite a bit I think.
They have had a massive amount of players leave , a few pre season but even more in season which indicates they aren't to happy
Then again getting belted every week days you aren't going to be enjoying it
Their 18 s are terribly coached and lost there best two players at seasons end last year due to this
Their president will tell you they went early with seniors but it was due to demand in the area
Whichever of bears and Caroline springs in Wrfl get there act together first will go ahead but doubt it will be in leaps and bounds for a while

What happen out there that day I was not there but did here about it I hope that MV has moved the player/players on
So what does the top 4 look like at seasons end now who goes in and who comes out
Had
Roxy
Coburg
Jacana
I think its a 3 way for finals haddy roxy and jacana

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some people being pretty hard on burnside here imo

I remember the edfl expected hillside and Roxy to become very strong clubs perhaps even powerhouses when they first established which never really eventuated

Vafa expected point cook to storm up the divisions... But still stuck in the bottom div

Takes a bloody lot of hard work to be successful gotta have a good mix of football knowledge in the football department area of a club plus have business type people steering the financial/sponsorship/bar/merchandise side of things as well

Was never going to be easy for burnside in the early days

They have had a massive amount of players leave , a few pre season but even more in season which indicates they aren't to happy
Then again getting belted every week days you aren't going to be enjoying it
Their 18 s are terribly coached and lost there best two players at seasons end last year due to this
Their president will tell you they went early with seniors but it was due to demand in the area
Whichever of bears and Caroline springs in Wrfl get there act together first will go ahead but doubt it will be in leaps and bounds for a while

I find this very disappointing to read. With only two seasons into the competition, it appears that Burnside are already looking for a way out.
Whenever a new side joins the competition, it is going to be a long journey. The club needs to be about taking small steps and keeping everyone together. Seeing talent walk out the door is really sad...

Of the most recent expansion sides, East Sunbury have shown that slow improvement is attainable. It was only two years ago they were getting beaten by 300 points and now they are pushing top sides two years later. Burnside have just got to ask some tough questions and build a great culture.

Some people being pretty hard on burnside here imo

I remember the edfl expected hillside and Roxy to become very strong clubs perhaps even powerhouses when they first established which never really eventuated

Vafa expected point cook to storm up the divisions... But still stuck in the bottom div

Takes a bloody lot of hard work to be successful gotta have a good mix of football knowledge in the football department area of a club plus have business type people steering the financial/sponsorship/bar/merchandise side of things as well

Was never going to be easy for burnside in the early days

There isn't enough sponsors etc for 2 senior teams in the area of Caroline Springs/Burnside. Should have only Caroline Springs and use the ex Western Jets "white elephant" ground on the main road, to expand the juniors for Caroline Springs.
All 3 of these facilities have social rooms that are inadequate for local footy. Whoever designed these should have made them more like a country football club, not like community hubs. None of these grounds have any atmosphere whatsoever. Not good to attract crowds or sponsors. Well Brian Lake is keeping Caroline Springs in the headlines and if he plays for them in the next few years that won't help Burnside either.

There isn't enough sponsors etc for 2 senior teams in the area of Caroline Springs/Burnside. Should have only Caroline Springs and use the ex Western Jets "white elephant" ground on the main road, to expand the juniors for Caroline Springs.
All 3 of these facilities have social rooms that are inadequate for local footy. Whoever designed these should have made them more like a country football club, not like community hubs. None of these grounds have any atmosphere whatsoever. Not good to attract crowds or sponsors. Well Brian Lake is keeping Caroline Springs in the headlines and if he plays for them in the next few years that won't help Burnside either.
Why should there be only one them out there the are is big enough for two teams look at how close the teams in the moonee valley area are and they manage to stay afloat with sponsors it will talk a while to get them up but they must cop there losses on the chin because there will be a day where they come out give it back to everyone else I also see there juniors are going well so that is a plus for them.

Why should there be only one them out there the are is big enough for two teams look at how close the teams in the moonee valley area are and they manage to stay afloat with sponsors it will talk a while to get them up but they must cop there losses on the chin because there will be a day where they come out give it back to everyone else I also see there juniors are going well so that is a plus for them.

Yeah mate they have good junior numbers in the lower age groups. I do understand your points but think it's easier to attract sponsors in the area of Moonee Valley (and surrounds) than Burnside. Also established clubs get bigger crowds.
Maybe one day burnside might be ready for seniors but IMO there not ready yet nor is the set up suitable for a winter sport like footy. Only my thoughts!

Well only 2 games to go for us East boys, hopefully all 3 grades have a good crack tomorrow @ Jacana. I've really enjoyed my 1st season in the Edfl and look forward as East look to rise up the ranks. It's hard to say who's gonna win the granny as comp is fairly even.. Not much Chat on here. Burnside will get there just need abit more time for growth abit wierd to put a team so close to CS so early. Steve Grey doing great job as East Coach

Not much happening on here boys.

Moonee Valley set for finals. Who will miss out Jacana or Coburg Districts?? Good result for Moonee Valley as they have a young side. They could be dangerous come finals on big, dry grounds with better umpires protecting the ball players. What do you all think.

Hearing Keilor Park's big Gala night last week was an excellent night. Some positive things came out of the night. Could they be ready to challenge in 2016? or will they look to merge with East Keilor and try to build success..

Valley were 4 goals down early in first quarter , but wore down Roxy in last Quarter.MV better suited to bigger ground than Ormond Park.
The finals will be decided by 3 games RP v Jac , MV v KP & Had v CD

my top 4 will be as follows

Haddy
Roxy just , but what a last game it has come down to for second spot!
Jacana
Moonee Valley

Not much happening on here boys.

Moonee Valley set for finals. Who will miss out Jacana or Coburg Districts?? Good result for Moonee Valley as they have a young side. They could be dangerous come finals on big, dry grounds with better umpires protecting the ball players. What do you all think.

Hearing Keilor Park's big Gala night last week was an excellent night. Some positive things came out of the night. Could they be ready to challenge in 2016? or will they look to merge with East Keilor and try to build success..
we wont see any senior clubs merge in the edfl

Well only 2 games to go for us East boys, hopefully all 3 grades have a good crack tomorrow @ Jacana. I've really enjoyed my 1st season in the Edfl and look forward as East look to rise up the ranks. It's hard to say who's gonna win the granny as comp is fairly even.. Not much Chat on here. Burnside will get there just need abit more time for growth abit wierd to put a team so close to CS so early. Steve Grey doing great job as East Coach

Have really enjoyed the development of East Sunbury this year. After seeing a few list changes early in the year, it was always going to be interesting how the new coach would rally the boys. From the results, it appears that many of the games have only been a few kicks in it. Another pre season and an addition of a few more players, there's no reason ES won't be a finals contender next year.

In my opinion, Jacana's improvement has been on par with East Sunbury - largely because they are still so young as a footy club. Obviously the worst performing team in 2015 was Keilor Park.

So Western Star, how do you see East Sunbury going in 2016?

Remove this Banner Ad

EDFL Division 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back