EDFL Finals Knockout Tipping

Remove this Banner Ad

OTB its NNGs first final win in 30 years, they are bound to get a bit excited. Maybe they might get to use the caterers they booked 2 years ago.

Seriously good luck to them, been good for a few years so deserve to make a GF but still hard to pick a clear flag favourite with the game at cora lynn if they make it could be the difference.

I dont recall strait sets ever being mentioned in a meeting and noone i know has ever said it will be a garf vs CL granny. U said he wasnt seen on the ground? Well thats a lie bcos he addressed us on the ground after the game....fact.

Your boys won, wouldnt u rather say how well they played instead of slagging off an opposition coach? If u were a CL supporter jumping on here n saying that about C Williams then i would be pretty embarressed....

Stinger- we are only focused on garfield this week. :thumbsu:

I'm not making it up mate, he either made the mistake of talking to the wrong people or wanted the club to find out about what he was saying. Neither would surprise me. He may well have addressed you blokes on the ground, but his refusal to acknowedge the opposition astounds me, especially considering your season is still alive.

The reason i'm not talking up how good NNG were, is because i haven't come on here to spruik off. Everyone involved at NNG knows that there is a long way to go no matter who they play in the GF and they're certainly not celebrating yet. I'm also certainly not getting over excited as Leo is suggesting, i just thought your coaches behaviour over the past week or so has been pretty ordinary and was worth mentioning.

I'm happy to leave it at that and get on with it.

Chris Toner and a lack of respect for his opposition seem to go hand in hand this year. On several occasions he has lambasted his teams performance following 10+ goal wins without even a mention of the performance of the opposition. Fair enough your team may be going through the motions but at least give a passing comment on the efforts of the opposition before criticising your won teams performance.

I am sure there have been times this year when Nar Nar Goon have not been as sharp as they have liked against lower ranked teams but Clint Williams has never once mentioned this in the media, instead preferring to commend the efforts of their opponents. Fair enough be angry internally at the club, but when externally dealing with the media it is a bad look.

Toner must be be extremely naive to think that the result rests entirely on the performance of his team. There are two teams in any contest that influence the result of a match (three if you include the umpires ;)). The sooner Toner realises this the better.

When you guys beat us during the year, after the siren a couple of your coaching staff and players went out of there way to jump in a few faces and yell and celebrate. I could name who but wont bcos im sure they realised there mistake n wouldnt do it again.(none from CL felt the need to jump on here and whinge about it).. So when u guys won on the wkend, we expected the same treatment and thout it would b best to put our head down n walk away. But like i said to ur guys credit they must have realised there mistake and they didnt do it on satdy.

No worries tumble, shall leave it at that but im glad your not a supporter of my club and slagging off an oppo coach for something so minor bcos id b embarressed and tell u to pull ur head in. All good mate :thumbsu:

Look, i'm gonna stick my head out. Garfield for me. I don't know why.

Will set up a "Michael Young" Trophy, for the GF though.

And not 100%, but could also be a "Hayden Salisbury" Cup?
Could be a Nathan Vugs cup he def played for both, even tho if it was only in the 2's!!

Stars again for me, Cobras to be the best side ever to go out in straight sets?

I reckon if they were to not win the premiership this year they would have to be pretty disappointed with 1 premiership in the last 5 years considering the amount of money spent.

Don't know how true it is but I have heard they have spent over half a million over the last 5 years. That is a lot to pay for 1 premiership.

I reckon if they were to not win the premiership this year they would have to be pretty disappointed with 1 premiership in the last 5 years considering the amount of money spent.

Don't know how true it is but I have heard they have spent over half a million over the last 5 years. That is a lot to pay for 1 premiership.

Shit surely not!? Thats way too much for one flag. Wonder if they will be spending up big again next year

only works out $225 per player, per game, working on 20 matches a year for 5 years.

Edit: Sorry, about $240. Forgot there was only 21 players, not 22.

only works out $225 per player, per game, working on 20 matches a year for 5 years.

Edit: Sorry, about $240. Forgot there was only 21 players, not 22.

Not unreasonable then when you consider there would be 5 or 6 blokes on $500+ and every player in the team gets something. Plus whatever they are paying their coach.

Not unreasonable Surkin? Your kidding aren't ya. Good luck to them to have that cash at their expence but it's EDFL not EFL. I would think some of the smaller clubs in the league would be over the moon with even half that amount to throw around at players. Take some of the generous farmers/supporters out of a few of the smaller isolated clubs and tell me how these clubs could compete against $100,000 a year clubs? The points system was a reasonable handbrake for big spending without stopping it allogether.

5 years ago this league was still very much on the low end of the scale of quality footy leagues but has gone up heaps to be competative with most leagues around the district. I have no doubt this is due to the amount of cash available in the EDFL to players from other leagues.

I would have no doubt they spent more than 500k in that time, flying 2 blokes in from darwin every week this year, Withers and the other bloke, both on about $500 plus flights, so thats about $2k a week. Non playing coach, singh, runnals and the rest.

Nilma also would have spent more than 500k in 3 years, would have spent over 200k last year.. Sinclair 20 minimum, Cann, Michael close to 20, 6-8 blokes from Sale/Morwell plus Bergles, Chandler all on 500 plus a game. All got bonus for winning the flag. The blokes like the ruckman, guys from seaford, lacunes, youngman all playing for $$$.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would have no doubt they spent more than 500k in that time, flying 2 blokes in from darwin every week this year, Withers and the other bloke, both on about $500 plus flights, so thats about $2k a week. Non playing coach, singh, runnals and the rest.

Nilma also would have spent more than 500k in 3 years, would have spent over 200k last year.. Sinclair 20 minimum, Cann, Michael close to 20, 6-8 blokes from Sale/Morwell plus Bergles, Chandler all on 500 plus a game. All got bonus for winning the flag. The blokes like the ruckman, guys from seaford, lacunes, youngman all playing for $$$.
Yeah probably. But Patto probably won that back 3 times over, so......

I think you'll find Withers is on at least double that Leo. It's a lot of money for a 38 year old. But i guess we won't know if it's been worthwhile until GF day. He is a big game player and could help them get over the line, at the end of the day that's what they're paying all these blokes for. Whether they're paying overs or not, is irrelevant to them.

Just my opinion. He is the EDFL version of Daniel Cross. Sure he is brave but he doesn't have the speed or elite foot skills to be a damaging player. Doesn't hurt teams on the scoreboard either. As an opposition coach I would let him have 30 touches as it would have zero impact on the result.

Do you honestly think he just funded the flag out of the kindness of his own heart, for no good reason? He did it very smartly, and made sure he came out on top.

Is that why the club is ****ed at the moment? You have a bloke whos only incentive to be president is too make money for himself?

I dont think this is true and i doubt he made money out of it, if he did its a disgrace.

Did you not read all the articles about him laying cash down with a bookie for Darnum to win the flag?

Yeah he won 150 didnt he and gave a bit to the players. Still if his only reason to be president was to win a flag and get some cash then walk away its a bad attitude to have, so who really won the flag the Nilma Darnum Football club or Patto and his mates??

Did he also bet the 2 years before that whne darnum were crap and paying blokes 1000 a game?

Remove this Banner Ad

EDFL Finals Knockout Tipping

Remove this Banner Ad

Back