EDFL moves Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have just moved into the Glenroy area and after sitting out for a few years, am thinking about getting back into training and playing footy again. I am really looking for nothing more than a reserves team I can slot into quietly.

I was a fringe senior player as a 17/18 year old in RDFL, so I am not a complete hack, but I am certainly not going to get any attention in threads like this one. I haven't paid much attention to local footy since I stopped playing a few years ago, so I have no idea what the standards of various competitions are like.

My question is simple: will I fit in nicely with a B Grade reserves team, or will even that standard be too far ahead of me so I spend my time sitting on the pine (or not being selected at all)?

If so, is there a B Grade team near Glenroy that is on the lookout for players like me? Alternatively, are there any teams around that would be happy for me to come and have a kick around at training during the pre-season so I can train close to home, even if I go further afield once the season starts.

Thanks...

U are more then welcome to come down jacana for training. We have afew ex rdfl boys new to the club. We will have a big improvement from
last year. Training starts up again feb 2nd @ 6 at our ground

lakers in 08
Give us your thoughts on what the new Taylors Lakes Committee have done getting rid of Shaun Smith(Senior Coach), Rick Horwood(A/Coach) & Anthony Brown(U18'sCoach).

Apparently one club with a fair collection of footy brains thinks Horwood is value.
Has been appointed as one of Mcguanes assistants at Keilor.

I have just moved into the Glenroy area and after sitting out for a few years, am thinking about getting back into training and playing footy again. I am really looking for nothing more than a reserves team I can slot into quietly.

I was a fringe senior player as a 17/18 year old in RDFL, so I am not a complete hack, but I am certainly not going to get any attention in threads like this one. I haven't paid much attention to local footy since I stopped playing a few years ago, so I have no idea what the standards of various competitions are like.

My question is simple: will I fit in nicely with a B Grade reserves team, or will even that standard be too far ahead of me so I spend my time sitting on the pine (or not being selected at all)?

If so, is there a B Grade team near Glenroy that is on the lookout for players like me? Alternatively, are there any teams around that would be happy for me to come and have a kick around at training during the pre-season so I can train close to home, even if I go further afield once the season starts.

Thanks...

Mate I reckon Jacana or Hadfield would be right down you alley.

Burns coached 2nds to flag last year. 2007 chairman of selectors. Past history with Gladestone Park Western Region & D/Stars some 12 years ago as a 2nds coach
Kris McMullin Past player TLFC, played at Keilor FC, plays cricket for TLCC
Kevin Lamont Coached TLFC under 12 C.s side last year. Past TLFC 2nds playing coach 9 years ago

good one MAX, luck for the year ahead.

Apparently one club with a fair collection of footy brains thinks Horwood is value.
Has been appointed as one of Mcguanes assistants at Keilor.

Not saying horwood doesn't know his stuff but you just need to ask mick and he will find you a job, more the merrier. Check out 08 premiership photo through the edfl page, more helpers then players......... that might just be the answer doutta people lets all get behind our club and help out off the field.

Thanks...

Give the Northern Saints a go, good bunch of blokes, playing footy for each other, not for the money. Club on the improve, A1 facilities too.

Not saying horwood doesn't know his stuff but you just need to ask mick and he will find you a job, more the merrier. Check out 08 premiership photo through the edfl page, more helpers then players......... that might just be the answer doutta people lets all get behind our club and help out off the field.

I heard your club offered Horwood a job under Barnes & he was going to accept unless he got the main job at Lakes, your new Pres rang & told him about Barnard coming on board & he started taking offers from other clubs. I think he has taken the better job.

do you already help out off the field at doutta ? ie committee, team manager, runner, medical staff, waterboy, stats man, goal umpire, barman, bluecoat, maybe even a coach or an assistant ? Seriously, all clubs need volunteers, without them clubs will certainly struggle on and off the field.

Check out 08 premiership photo through the edfl page.

Yes speaking of that Premiership photo which was provided to the League through a mutual friend, it would have been nice of Keilor FC to ask permission of the photographer in question if they could use it instead of blatantly appropriating it from the EDFL website without permission.

That is an issue of copyright people and that is stealing! And don't even give me excuses that whatever is posted online is free under the fair use principle. Ask any lawyer versed in Australian copyright law.

Yes speaking of that Premiership photo which was provided to the League through a mutual friend, it would have been nice of Keilor FC to ask permission of the photographer in question if they could use it instead of blatantly appropriating it from the EDFL website without permission.

That is an issue of copyright people and that is stealing! And don't even give me excuses that whatever is posted online is free under the fair use principle. Ask any lawyer versed in Australian copyright law.

Well done Billy, you have opened a can of worms now.......

do you already help out off the field at doutta ? ie committee, team manager, runner, medical staff, waterboy, stats man, goal umpire, barman, bluecoat, maybe even a coach or an assistant ? Seriously, all clubs need volunteers, without them clubs will certainly struggle on and off the field.

Billy suggest you get off the hill, as that famous Kennedy quote goes - "Just do, dont think at least I did something"
We will only achieve success through commitment on/off the field.

f@ck i'm bored!!

EDFL's top 10 players

carey
ayres
marcy
bicer
fraser
kuret
jorgensen
brooks
laverde
sheppard

most overrated - haoucher, ramsey, abers
most underrated - messaike, ziros, little

any thoughts??

Kuret has gone to play for $$$$ in the bush after loosing one game (Grand Final) at Greenvale I believe

Marcy and Fraser although great players in there day are both past it and never really rated Laverde that highly but who I would replace those players with I have no idea

Randello could feature ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

f@ck i'm bored!!

EDFL's top 10 players

carey
ayres
marcy
bicer
fraser
kuret
jorgensen
brooks
laverde
sheppard

any thoughts??

Carey
Ayres
Ramazan Pekes
No.18 for Keilor...plays on wing
Jorgo
No.17 i think for GV...plays full back?
McKee
A.Ramsey
Brooks
O'Brien from Strathmore

No.14, full back for Keilor is really good also and about 100 others!

f@ck i'm bored!!

EDFL's top 10 players

carey
ayres
marcy
bicer
fraser
kuret
jorgensen
brooks
laverde
sheppard

any thoughts??

Top ten in my opinion (including new players)

carey
ayres
jorgensen
mat fitzgerald (strathmore)
bicer
laverde
brooks
ramazan pekes
randello
prowse (keilor)

Carey
Ayres
Ramazan Pekes
No.18 for Keilor...plays on wing
Jorgo
No.17 i think for GV...plays full back?
McKee
A.Ramsey
Brooks
O'Brien from Strathmore

No.14, full back for Keilor is really good also and about 100 others!

what about cain "steroids" mansbridge, his a gun

Kuret has gone to play for $$$$ in the bush after loosing one game (Grand Final) at Greenvale I believe

Marcy and Fraser although great players in there day are both past it and never really rated Laverde that highly but who I would replace those players with I have no idea

Randello could feature ?

Sounds like sacriledge coming from a Keilor person?????

I believe Marcy won the B&F in this year (premiership team) and Fraser won the club B&F the year before..... I'd like that form when I'm past it !!!

Just Heard that Van Reit is not a certain to play at aberfeldie this year.
Apparently part of getting him to the club was setting him up with some work before xmas , which apparently they haven't and he is not too happy about it and is talking to a couple of other clubs down here.

Can any confirm this or was the guy talking shit

Just Heard that Van Reit is not a certain to play at aberfeldie this year.
Apparently part of getting him to the club was setting him up with some work before xmas , which apparently they haven't and he is not too happy about it and is talking to a couple of other clubs down here.

Can any confirm this or was the guy talking shit

Bloke is talking diarrohea.

Top ten in my opinion (including new players)

carey
ayres
jorgensen
mat fitzgerald (strathmore)
bicer
laverde
brooks
ramazan pekes
randello
prowse (keilor)

I will have a go.

Ayres MP
Carey DS
Jorgensen GV
Randello GV
Brookes CB
Dann K
Little STR
Laverde MP
Bicer GV
Ziros MP

This list does not include new players this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back