EDFL moves Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Obviously not much talk going on at the moment. In an attempt to generate discussion I propose my ladder for 2009 based on the info I have been receiving:

Obviously its a toss up b/w these 3 to who finishes in top 3 but this is the order i have them in at this stage:

1. Marbi - good additions with Williamstown recruits and maybe Brodie Holland?

2. Greenvale - maybe a little bit weaker than last year with champions getting to wrong side of 30 and major alleged losses of Potter and Kuret?

3. Keilor - Consolidating with recruits of Limbach and other established players?

The next group trying to make up the ground:

4. Starthmore - anything less than 4th would be a major disappointement for new coach Morrel and with addition of Fitzgerald from Gisborne they could have a good year. However, with good young depth players Capewell and Watts rumoured to be leaving the mores might be a fair way off the top 3.

5. West Coburg - deserve to be respected given they have consistently put in solid seasons...very tough side especially at home but will suffer from loss of Flavel, will be competative as always

6. Douttas - Could do anything as they have kept their big stars and presumably have got Jimmy Hollow back as he is training down there and some big names returning from injury. Kade is training the house down as well. Also they have been eerily silent which either suggests they are struggling but more likely they will have some surprises - heard a whisper about some WA recruits but who knows?

7. Craigieburn - Up and down last year, again could do anything with rumours of gun new recruits and have found a full forward as well. Could easily make finals with a bit of luck.

8. Avondale - Been a good side for a long time but have lost a lot of awesome players. Have picked up a few and a new coach but always hard to recover when your best players leave all at once.

9. Glenroy - Will be out to prove a point due to all the people bagging them already. I have a feeling what they lack in ability they might make up in toughness. Will not be easybeats but seem clear favourites for relegation...but i wish them well.

You might notice i didnt mention Aberfeldie...I think I'll just be cautiously optimistic with very good things happening down there by all reports...one thing is for sure we now have depth through the middle. Maybe someone else can predict abers but we have developed a rep of big-noting ourselves which is unfair so ill just shut up.

Your thoughts?

Obviously not much talk going on at the moment. In an attempt to generate discussion I propose my ladder for 2009 based on the info I have been receiving:

Obviously its a toss up b/w these 3 to who finishes in top 3 but this is the order i have them in at this stage:

1. Marbi - good additions with Williamstown recruits and maybe Brodie Holland?

2. Greenvale - maybe a little bit weaker than last year with champions getting to wrong side of 30 and major alleged losses of Potter and Kuret?

3. Keilor - Consolidating with recruits of Limbach and other established players?

The next group trying to make up the ground:

4. Starthmore - anything less than 4th would be a major disappointement for new coach Morrel and with addition of Fitzgerald from Gisborne they could have a good year. However, with good young depth players Capewell and Watts rumoured to be leaving the mores might be a fair way off the top 3.

5. West Coburg - deserve to be respected given they have consistently put in solid seasons...very tough side especially at home but will suffer from loss of Flavel, will be competative as always

6. Douttas - Could do anything as they have kept their big stars and presumably have got Jimmy Hollow back as he is training down there and some big names returning from injury. Kade is training the house down as well. Also they have been eerily silent which either suggests they are struggling but more likely they will have some surprises - heard a whisper about some WA recruits but who knows?

7. Craigieburn - Up and down last year, again could do anything with rumours of gun new recruits and have found a full forward as well. Could easily make finals with a bit of luck.

8. Avondale - Been a good side for a long time but have lost a lot of awesome players. Have picked up a few and a new coach but always hard to recover when your best players leave all at once.

9. Glenroy - Will be out to prove a point due to all the people bagging them already. I have a feeling what they lack in ability they might make up in toughness. Will not be easybeats but seem clear favourites for relegation...but i wish them well.

You might notice i didnt mention Aberfeldie...I think I'll just be cautiously optimistic with very good things happening down there by all reports...one thing is for sure we now have depth through the middle. Maybe someone else can predict abers but we have developed a rep of big-noting ourselves which is unfair so ill just shut up.

Your thoughts?
About time someone came on to the computer and wrote about sense.Congrats to you champ.

About time someone came on to the computer and wrote about sense.Congrats to you champ.

Agree, very good summation.

With it being Feb now and clearances open, it should become clearer as to who has or hasn't recruited. The word doing the traps is Doutta is quiet becuase they haven't picked up - not due to want of tryng but moreso due to lack of $$$$$ after the incoming comittee were left witha shortfall.

Prophetic - Is Shep staying at Abers? retired or heading back to Oak Park?

With it being Feb now and clearances open, it should become clearer as to who has or hasn't recruited. The word doing the traps is Doutta is quiet becuase they haven't picked up - not due to want of tryng but moreso due to lack of $$$$$ after the incoming comittee were left witha shortfall.

anyone know of a link were we can check out all the clearances ?

Can u give any info on Sam Boake, played 4 oak park last year, has signed with a club up my way for big dollars is he any good or what?

Can u give any info on Sam Boake, played 4 oak park last year, has signed with a club up my way for big dollars is he any good or what?

Boake is a gun, i'd rate him in the top 20 in the A Grade comp when on song.

Hard to man up on and kicks goals, hard at it too!

Just unfortunate played in the relegated team this year and didn't shine as much!

Now that all clubs are back in training can anyone tell us how Doutta Stars and West Coburg are looking.
any good pick ups etc.
Both clubs have been very quite and not saying much!

yeah no problems with van reit. abers look to have lined him up a job so all good. he has been away on holidays but in regular contact with coach and president.

bit like the mick egan one, a bloke goes on holidays and next thing you know he has left the club.

Van reit job secured but has been a no show at training since the break

Has anyone heard how east keilor fc are going? hows the impact with sam tankard on board? any new faces that are worth a look at coming through? hope they can do better then last year:D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has anyone heard how east keilor fc are going? hows the impact with sam tankard on board? any new faces that are worth a look at coming through? hope they can do better then last year:D

Well if someone says they are struggling that is probably a good thing for them.
Last year all the talk on here was about how they were stuffed and players were leaving left, right and center.

Well if someone says they are struggling that is probably a good thing for them.
Last year all the talk on here was about how they were stuffed and players were leaving left, right and center.

Well now with bonnichi going they are stuffed, who else is there, tankard cant do it all:confused:... they need to get some guys down there fast

Hey blokes just wondering whether anyone can help me with some info on Wade Livingston? Think he played for a couple of sides in this league... Cheers

So you think that a East Keilor is simply going to sit on thier hands and do nothing when players decide to leave. Maybe you should come down to Parkside Ave and see for yourself what is going on instead of relying what is said on BigFooty (aka Today Tonight).

Numbers on the track have been good (30+ last night and there were several away due to work comitments), there have been some key signings including the Tankard boys and Shane Gilcrist from Sunbury, and there are more names getting pen to paper in the next week.

It is crap like this that can turn existing and potential players away and ruin the hard work that the coaches, player managers and committee are doing for season 2009.

from what ive heard the numbers are good but being realistic 2 players arent going to help a club, and i think most people will agree... are there any 18's breaking through? any others that have signed or are signing?

So you think that a East Keilor is simply going to sit on thier hands and do nothing when players decide to leave. Maybe you should come down to Parkside Ave and see for yourself what is going on instead of relying what is said on BigFooty (aka Today Tonight).

Numbers on the track have been good (30+ last night and there were several away due to work comitments), there have been some key signings including the Tankard boys and Shane Gilcrist from Sunbury, and there are more names getting pen to paper in the next week.

It is crap like this that can turn existing and potential players away and ruin the hard work that the coaches, player managers and committee are doing for season 2009.

lets get serious..east keilor are pox. they have lost there skipper and also have lost the B and F for the comp last year. one or two replacements filling that gap and there back to square one.
have heard oak park are doin well with there recruiting. with ray harrison on board. also pascoe vale with corey bakker back and the big signings of ash flavel, fidaa ahmed and bassman abdul wahed. there hugee signings. they will dominate B grade football

lets get serious..east keilor are pox. they have lost there skipper and also have lost the B and F for the comp last year. one or two replacements filling that gap and there back to square one.
have heard oak park are doin well with there recruiting. with ray harrison on board. also pascoe vale with corey bakker back and the big signings of ash flavel, fidaa ahmed and bassman abdul wahed. there hugee signings. they will dominate B grade football

EDFL website has Bassman on a pending clearance to Northcote Park...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back