EDFL moves Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting moment in the last qrt of the Gvale V Crazyburn ressies game with Greenvale storming home with a wet sail and the wind when the ball went through for a point to Greenvale to still leave them 3 odd goals down with 10 mins to play. The Crazyburn President Bernie Shinners grabbed the footy behind the goals ran twenty metres (without bouncing it) to the container and torped it out into the paddocks down the hill wasting minutes!!!

I believe one Craigieburn player returned his jumper to Bernie after the game

Interesting moment in the last qrt of the Gvale V Crazyburn ressies game with Greenvale storming home with a wet sail and the wind when the ball went through for a point to Greenvale to still leave them 3 odd goals down with 10 mins to play. The Crazyburn President Bernie Shinners grabbed the footy behind the goals ran twenty metres (without bouncing it) to the container and torped it out into the paddocks down the hill wasting minutes!!!

I was there, absoultly disgusting behaviour, the fans at the match were literally in shock

The EDFL should be notified of this behaviour it was a disgrace

Bernie has let himself down big time

On another note good to see Faraj continue his great form for Greenvale, dominated the 1st quarter

Surely its time too for Big Mathew Kent to get a run in the 1's

I was there, absoultly disgusting behaviour, the fans at the match were literally in shock

The EDFL should be notified of this behaviour it was a disgrace

Bernie has let himself down big time

On another note good to see Faraj continue his great form for Greenvale, dominated the 1st quarter

Surely its time too for Big Mathew Kent to get a run in the 1's

That is the worst thing I've ever heard a president do - should stand down for that crap, no wonder that club allowed their entire 16A team to play in the C's so that they could smash GV last year.

What were the other results?

Great win by the stars :) pretty much controlled the game all day and led by 4 or 5 goals for most of it.Great to see Kade play his first full game of the year he played down back and played really well.Now we are in the 4 which seemed along way away a few weeks back.

THE DREBSTER

Hey Drebster, was at the game and thought number 43 and 50 did a good job on Harvey and was number 4 Winter.
Number 9 thought was close to bog, not a mention in the best how did you see his game.
Scoreboard wasnt a true indication of the game you guys were the better team easy.

Hey Drebster, was at the game and thought number 43 and 50 did a good job on Harvey and was number 4 Winter.
Number 9 thought was close to bog, not a mention in the best how did you see his game.
Scoreboard wasnt a true indication of the game you guys were the better team easy.

Doutta's are a genuine threat. They flogged us the week before and I have heard they have recruited some more VFL players......... Does anybody know. Obviously, they are having a big crack, as they did for Bullen who ended up with Marbo Park. The Stars are real deal let me tell you.
We smashed Glenroy after a first qtr scare and they have probably ruined what could of gone down as the most strongest, even AGrade Comp in histroy. It was pretty boring to watch after the qtr time.
OIh yeah! Keilor smashed WC by 100 points. They are flying.....

Originally Posted by PAUL3232

Yes i thought we controlled the game most of the day and was a great win,i belive both numer 8 and 43 are only 19 or 20 years old and both have played well every game i have seen and number 50 Garth is having a great year,he doesnt get alot of the ball whcih can be a good thing sometimes,sorry Garth :) but his dicipline,strength and speed are fantastic and he has some huge scalps over the last few years.

I thought Kade was great down back,his passing by foot with top notch and he took some great contested marks and filled the hold nicely at times.It seems that most weeks most of the guys contribute throughout the game which is great.I must admit i didnt watch the game too closely in the second half as i was enjoying a few brews.

Still another half of the season to go though,it only takes a couple of bad games to undo all the good work that has been done but yeah 5 and 4 at the half way mark ill take that :D

THE DREBSTER

They should not even be in the EDFL competition. That sort of behaviour should not be tolerated in our competion. If the club does not sanction him they are not fair dinkum.
Good to hear about the player handing his jumper back to Shinners....... he should be congratulated as he has shown some integrity and stood up to say he will not be a part of that shite.

West Coburg legend Rabee Haouchar has retired from footy

He was on the verge of being dropped to the 12pm game and has decided to hang up the boots!

This weeks tips

Doutta d Eagles by 37 points - the Stars are flying!
Abers d Heights by 26 points - past great Shane Heather to return
Mores d Glenroy by 129 points - too strong
Greenvale d Burgers by 84 points - No Rabee!
Keilor d Marbi by 21 points - only running with 2 jets at the moment the Bulldogs but will be too strong. Save the bets for Grand Final day boys!

This website is a joke. I am good mates with both Davo and Bully from Shep and Davo got a new job on the weekend where his work can't allow him to train and apparently the his Essendon League club wouldn't allow this, so he travelling home on the weekend to play with the boys.

Bully spoke to a few clubs as he was in need for a job and ending up getting one himself. He told me that he went to M.Park because he is very close mates with Matt somebody, who I saw at his wedding. Does Media with your Comp & their wives are good mates.

He also told me that Strathmore offered him nearly twice, Keilor and Doutta's around the same and Balwyn more and it makes him sick that ********s on these sites have no idea and he is loving it down there even though he said the ground he played on the weekend was the worse he has ever seen.

Oh Dear, guys. Not more jealousy!
Mark was just one of a bevy of players who left our comp (Yarra Valley Mtn Dist) to find warmer climes when the money ran out at Silvan. Silvan (originally a minnow from our 2nd Division) had benefited from a successful businessman and Life Member who shopped incredibly well with a seemingly bottomless pocket. Sadly he is now in liquidation, I believe. Silvan are also in jeopardy as a result.
Bullen , Moorcroft (now to Riddell), Haynes and Henneman were just a few of the Bomber names that wondered into the Silvan Cats (by accident?). Imagine them as the nucleus and then add a bevy of outstanding local recruits and you can imagine the damage they did up here on the ground! It was bloody good for our footy!
Bullen is a great player. Enjoy him, otherwise waste some more time and run down anyone else with talent while pretending that your club never spent a cent on its own players in the past!
Certainly our local clubs did... and I'm from a rival to Silvan!

(BTW, 35 years on maybe, but go the Mores!! Still miss the Blue and Gold and Barb and I often think of you all - Wally A, Col M, Ron M and Lynch Bros and players from '73/74!)

Oh Dear, guys. Not more jealousy!
Mark was just one of a bevy of players who left our comp (Yarra Valley Mtn Dist) to find warmer climes when the money ran out at Silvan. Silvan (originally a minnow from our 2nd Division) had benefited from a successful businessman and Life Member who shopped incredibly well with a seemingly bottomless pocket. Sadly he is now in liquidation, I believe. Silvan are also in jeopardy as a result.
Bullen , Moorcroft (now to Riddell), Haynes and Henneman were just a few of the Bomber names that wondered into the Silvan Cats (by accident?). Imagine them as the nucleus and then add a bevy of outstanding local recruits and you can imagine the damage they did up here on the ground! It was bloody good for our footy!
Bullen is a great player. Enjoy him, otherwise waste some more time and run down anyone else with talent while pretending that your club never spent a cent on its own players in the past!
Certainly our local clubs did... and I'm from a rival to Silvan!

(BTW, 35 years on maybe, but go the Mores!! Still miss the Blue and Gold and Barb and I often think of you all - Wally A, Col M, Ron M and Lynch Bros and players from '73/74!)

Sound familiar
icon7.gif

Sound familiar
icon7.gif

If all the money dried up in local footy, and it meant no-one from any club would get paid, how many of the current A Grade footballers would hang around for the love of the game?

Marby pay a heap of money, but then again, so do Greenvale, Strathmore, Keilor and so on. The only club that would be paying SFA would be Glenroy.

And before you guys get on here saying that your club doesnt pay that much, you seriously need a reality check. Our local game has become a business these days, with the amount of money paid out at absurd levels.

We all like to think that our clubs have got all these gun recruits because they are a mate of a mate, but in reality if the well ran dry tomorrow there would be more than one club on its last legs.

It will be a sad day when some of our clubs go the way of Silvan and head back to mediocrity, all because of the money hungry nature of some big headed footballers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If all the money dried up in local footy, and it meant no-one from any club would get paid, how many of the current A Grade footballers would hang around for the love of the game?

Marby pay a heap of money, but then again, so do Greenvale, Strathmore, Keilor and so on. The only club that would be paying SFA would be Glenroy.

And before you guys get on here saying that your club doesnt pay that much, you seriously need a reality check. Our local game has become a business these days, with the amount of money paid out at absurd levels.

We all like to think that our clubs have got all these gun recruits because they are a mate of a mate, but in reality if the well ran dry tomorrow there would be more than one club on its last legs.

It will be a sad day when some of our clubs go the way of Silvan and head back to mediocrity, all because of the money hungry nature of some big headed footballers.

The 'big headed' footballers are only getting paid as much as clubs are prepared to pay. I think it's pretty far fetched to say that guys wouldn't play footy if no one got paid, 99% would play for nothing. The fact is at some point clubs started offering a bit of petrol money to entice a player across and now decades later club's are paying 1000's.
Players wouldn't demand the money if clubs weren't prepared to pay it...
You're right that some players are mercenaries and chop and change clubs which is crap. But there are still a lot of well paid footballers who are loyal to there club as well....

Simon Potter has put in a clearance from gfl club St Albans back to Greenvale. The big girl obviously cant handle playing in a struggling side so wants to leave mid season and chase a flag. Will the big goose even get a game in the 1's at this stage of the season?

Simon Potter has put in a clearance from gfl club St Albans back to Greenvale. The big girl obviously cant handle playing in a struggling side so wants to leave mid season and chase a flag. Will the big goose even get a game in the 1's at this stage of the season?

I'm sure the big goose would flatten u out :D:D:D

Get a game he will no doubt, chase the bucks he will.
Refused to play several games last year in the vfl to play for greenvale for the bucks. Can play.

Get a game he will no doubt, chase the bucks he will.
Refused to play several games last year in the vfl to play for greenvale for the bucks. Can play.

Not overly rated down these parts. Went to head back to his junior club St Joeys at the start off the year but wasnt happy that they wouldnt agree to his hefty wage demands, so heads to a struggling club who are known to spend big coin on ordinary players and walks out after half a season. Top loyal bloke i'd say:thumbsu:

Douttas won by around 9 or 10 goals,C/Burn had only 3 goals to 3 quarter time and kicked 9 in the last,i think nolan kicked 6 in the last quarter but DS were far to strong,i know most sides have a few out this time of year well any time of the year but we had a few of our best out so a really good win,last year with a few out we would have really struggled againt a side like C/Burn or probably any side.

Kade only played just over a half and would have had 20 marks and it seems when a few of the boys are quiet others step up which is great,Lukey Savac kicked 5 or 6 and alot of the other younger boys played well :D

Marby had a good win over Keilor and all other results the favorites all won.

CHEERS THE DREBSTER

Douttas won by around 9 or 10 goals,C/Burn had only 3 goals to 3 quarter time and kicked 9 in the last,i think nolan kicked 6 in the last quarter but DS were far to strong,i know most sides have a few out this time of year well any time of the year but we had a few of our best out so a really good win,last year with a few out we would have really struggled againt a side like C/Burn or probably any side.

Kade only played just over a half and would have had 20 marks and it seems when a few of the boys are quiet others step up which is great,Lukey Savac kicked 5 or 6 and alot of the other younger boys played well :D

Marby had a good win over Keilor and all other results the favorites all won.

CHEERS THE DREBSTER

Huge win by Marbi as Keilor up there with greenvale.

Just by the way side, fair flat track bully is Tim Harvey. how many goals has he kicked against the top sides............

Huge win by Marbi as Keilor up there with greenvale.

Yes indeed,i noticed in the results no mention of Garth for Keilor? did he have a quiet one or didnt he play,either way great win there.

Also i didnt realise that A/Heights beat Abers,from what ive seen Avondale are much better then there 3 wins so good to see them have a win but not very good for Abers i guess.I know a few of the guys down there(supporters that is) and they were very hopeful of pushing for top 4 at the start of the year.

THE DREBSTER

Heard from an EDFL umpire that a death of a muslim player aged 20 from Roxburgh Park (not at football) resulted in the day's matches being cancelled.

This is quite sad if true.

Spot on Eidle.

21yo Roxburgh Park midfielder Jellal Sleiman passed away from a suspected asthma attack either Saturday morning or Friday night, and was found yesterday morning by his family.

Absolute tragedy for not only his family, but for Roxburgh Park football club and the EDFL as a whole.

Yes indeed,i noticed in the results no mention of Garth for Keilor? did he have a quiet one or didnt he play,either way great win there.

Also i didnt realise that A/Heights beat Abers,from what ive seen Avondale are much better then there 3 wins so good to see them have a win but not very good for Abers i guess.I know a few of the guys down there(supporters that is) and they were very hopeful of pushing for top 4 at the start of the year.

THE DREBSTER
Garth played had a shocker wore no 36 instead of no 5.Saw a good game of footy with Stewart playing a sensational last quarter also no 15 from Marby played well.

Sad to hear about Jellal Sleiman passing away my heart goes out to his family and Roxy football club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back