EDFL moves Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was he an ethnic, the guy that hit the kid? Because it's funny how incidents like this occur amongst fans of clubs with heavy ethnic demographics. Coincidence?

Probably the worst thing i have read on this forum, to single out ethnics, implying anyone not of purely white Australian race as responsible for this type of thuggery is plain ignorant and ridiculous. I would say the acceptance of multiculturalism is one of the biggest positives of the EDFL and should be promoted not discouraged from ignorant bogans like you.

Probably the worst thing i have read on this forum, to single out ethnics, implying anyone not of purely white Australian race as responsible for this type of thuggery is plain ignorant and ridiculous. I would say the acceptance of multiculturalism is one of the biggest positives of the EDFL and should be promoted not discouraged from ignorant bogans like you.

The EDFL needs to re-evaluate the merits of certain teams actually being allowed to remain in this competition. Post match assessments always seem to revolve around fights/brawls. Now we are sprawled across the media for an assault by a supporter - what a disgrace.

I didn't hear it but according to realiable sources the Craigieburn coach instructed his players at 3/4 time to physically assault Keilor players and in particular he singled out Markham Johnson for extra attention. If this actually happened this club needs to be sent back from whence they came.

The tactic didn't work as one Craigieburn player (#40 red head) left the ground under the blood rule after he tried and failed to king hit a Keilor player who only had eyes for the ball.

Another Craigieburn player (#1 Lamaro??) was constantly kicking a Keilor player who kept his composure until he was spat on. Lamaro finished the remainder of the game in a state of confusion and was helped from the field by the trainers - spat on the wrong bloke!

I noticed that the majority of Craigieburn players came in to the rooms though and stayed for quite a while which was good to see (didn't see #40 or #1 come in though!).

mindbender. And for all you out there that bag the crap out of B Grade and promote A Grade as this far superior level of footy take a look at the post above and have another think about the crap you go on about. It's just local footy you just pay more for it...[/quote said:
hey BENDER did you read the paper or watch the news tonight?? did see a B GRADE finals game KIDS mind you have a large all in supporters as well, one using a short handle mallet to drop a kid. GOTTA like B GRADE FOOTY:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:. The club needs to be fu ked off for good if that's the type of people they have around the club.

Facts are facts mate. I played junior football for almost 10 seasons and every year the worst culprits for fan violence were clubs with heavy ethnic demographics; Hadfield, Jacana, Roxburgh Park (in particular), West Coburg, and ethnic people were typically the perpuetrators. Same situation with younger people at High School also. I am not singeling them out as the only people responsible, by no means, I am just going by my personal experiences. I have nothing against ethnic people in general, and it rediculous of you to make a mountain out of a mole hill and suggest I am discouraging multiculturalism.

Sounds like a miracle has occurred Glenroy must really rate themselves and be happy with 1 win for the year. Interesting how Avondale will react against Marby in the last game to see if they have any character at all. This will truly show where the clubs at. Got some quality people there but also some people that need to be moved on. You cant beat Douttas by 8 goals and then get beat the next week and not even put in. They are a Club that will always get these results along with Abers until they recruit top players not B graders. The same old story pay peanuts get monkeys.

Interesting comments - Salary Cap instead of being broad in your comments why not say who is not good enough to be playing A Grade in this side? Would you know any players?

From what i have heard out of Avondale - The side is changing weekly which wouldnt be good for a settled side. Definitely havent been good enough and looks like a few 2 many guys playing for themselves and not the side.

Facts are facts mate. I played junior football for almost 10 seasons and every year the worst culprits for fan violence were clubs with heavy ethnic demographics; Hadfield, Jacana, Roxburgh Park (in particular), West Coburg, and ethnic people were typically the perpuetrators. Same situation with younger people at High School also. I am not singeling them out as the only people responsible, by no means, I am just going by my personal experiences. I have nothing against ethnic people in general, and it rediculous of you to make a mountain out of a mole hill and suggest I am discouraging multiculturalism.

You are an ignorant, pathetic excuse for a human last line hero. Not only are you a racist, you're also very weak to make such assumptions and hide behind your PC. You are making a fool of yourself. Who are you?

And to the person policing this blog, LAST LINE HERO should be booted off.

its a pack mentallity, you put that bloke with the hammer face to face with someone take the mallet out of his hand and take away his friends and see if he still wants to blue i can bet that he wouldn't, to say that people of a certain ethnic background are the problem is wrong, they may be the problem at those clubs but other clubs have these issues as well, there will always be ********s at sporting events and football clubs its a matter of trying to prevent it happening by banning these blokes before they get the chance rather then waiting for them to do something and then reacting after it has happened, people like this come to every match and im sure some people from ns would have seen this idiot before yet done absolutly nothing about him and let him come and threatin people week to week ,i have seen it happen at other clubs and it is tolerated ns have no one to blame but themselves

Society is changing there is alot more violence around the city (in particular) and around footy clubs now, the next generation are showing alot more disrespect to other people and unfortunately it seems some coaches and parents of some junior sides are part of the cause.
Does the EDFL have speakers to go around clubs to talk about being responsible on and around these areas similar to afl/nrl players get?

You are an ignorant, pathetic excuse for a human last line hero. Not only are you a racist, you're also very weak to make such assumptions and hide behind your PC. You are making a fool of yourself. Who are you?

And to the person policing this blog, LAST LINE HERO should be booted off.

How is it racist or assumptions when I, and my family members have seen it happen? Deal with it mate, I am not intending to be racist here, if you want to think that, then you're insecure and petty. Like I said, in no way at all are they the only people responsible or the cause of all our problems as you seem to be portraying this, I'm just stating that from my personal experiences fan violence was more rife amongst ethnic fans. And if you think I'd be worried about saying the exact same thing to your face you a sadly mistaken.

hey BENDER did you read the paper or watch the news tonight?? did see a B GRADE finals game KIDS mind you have a large all in supporters as well, one using a short handle mallet to drop a kid. GOTTA like B GRADE FOOTY:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:. The club needs to be fu ked off for good if that's the type of people they have around the club.

Very predictable Kid....I never said that the sort of crap that happened at the Doutta's/Abers games didn't happen in B Grade....but the way some of you go on about the B Grade scum is laughable.

I agree that Northen Saints have got some questions to answer and I think it's going to be tough to find a good argument for them to stay in the competition given the media exposure this incident has been given.

But seriously mate....

Last year it was all about the racial slurs against the aboriginal guys from Abers...
Then the 2nds coach running on the ground and dropping an opposition player and then copping it himself..

Now we have 1 ex AFL player/coach knocking out a young kid behind play coz he can't cop a tag and another applauding his players for putting someone in hospital behind play...

I was no angel and I copped a good as I gave in both A and B grades but mate please give me a spell with this high and mighty A grade crap that some peope go on with.

There are just as many rats playing in both grades......

All clubs at all levels do what they can to weed ths out as early as possible. Let's remember this may have been the first time anyone at the club has laid eyes on the dog that did it. I'm a long term member there and have NEVER seen him before.
As for banning the club, you must be kidding. If thats the case you can say goodbye to Hadfield, Glenroy, Marby (Brodie Holland), Every club would be OUT!!!!!

Let's also remember not to believe everything we read/hear. Tulla werent barriacaded in the rooms. The police sent both sides to their respective rooms to calm the situation. Both sides players/supporters were moving freely within 10 minutes, mingling and apologising to one another. Two nurses from the NOrthern Saints were the ones that gave the kid that wa hit medical treatment, posssibly saving him from further damage.

Also Tulla had supporters/hangers on, on the ground involved in the melee. BOth clubs were as responsible as each other. The Saints just happened to have one ******** that we dont even know act like a real coward. He had no club gear on, nor did the fella that got hit....So it could have just as easily been one of our guys that got whacked.....

Calm down people, would the league ban Greenvale if it was them? NO....legal action would be too swift. IN fact did they ban them when they and CRaigieburn had 5 police cars at Tullas ground earlier in the year? NO.

All clubs at all levels do what they can to weed ths out as early as possible. Let's remember this may have been the first time anyone at the club has laid eyes on the dog that did it. I'm a long term member there and have NEVER seen him before.
As for banning the club, you must be kidding. If thats the case you can say goodbye to Hadfield, Glenroy, Marby (Brodie Holland), Every club would be OUT!!!!!

Let's also remember not to believe everything we read/hear. Tulla werent barriacaded in the rooms. The police sent both sides to their respective rooms to calm the situation. Both sides players/supporters were moving freely within 10 minutes, mingling and apologising to one another. Two nurses from the NOrthern Saints were the ones that gave the kid that wa hit medical treatment, posssibly saving him from further damage.

Also Tulla had supporters/hangers on, on the ground involved in the melee. BOth clubs were as responsible as each other. The Saints just happened to have one ******** that we dont even know act like a real coward. He had no club gear on, nor did the fella that got hit....So it could have just as easily been one of our guys that got whacked.....

Calm down people, would the league ban Greenvale if it was them? NO....legal action would be too swift. IN fact did they ban them when they and CRaigieburn had 5 police cars at Tullas ground earlier in the year? NO.

I am sure the vast majority of NS people are apalled by this however.... there is little doubt this was instigated by NS players and supporters. In the three previous meetings during the year there were on field incidents where NS players physically targeted the smallest Tulla players. Someone saying they were one of your U16 players was on 3AW yesterday saying this has been a problem all year including an incident at a practice match at the start of the year.

The thing is this problem has been there all year and NS have not done enough about it, if anything, and this is the end result. The EDFL won't need to kick them out.... who in their right mind will take their kids to play at that club now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The niggle went both ways all year. I winder why Tullas under 18s were right in the middle of the melée anyway? U guys don't have the best record either this year, just ask that kid from Sydenham that got smashed by a trained boxer!

Just my 2 cents on the brawl

Northern saints player started it with a king hit - FACT

Some dog with a mallet king hit someone from side on like a coward and real low life piece of shit - FACT

He then strutted around like Hercules - FACT

The thing is u cant condemn a club for the actions of one dropkick ...every club has them and its just a matter of getting rid of them for good ...unfortunately humans and violence go hand in hand and at a footy game where tenisons can get high it is impossible to stop something like this from happening !!! much like the violence in the city ..

It is however getting far to common for this crap and all thats gonna happen in the end is parents wont there kids play anymore and clubs will struggle for numbers and eventually if it keeps getting worse and worse clubs will fold ....

And i know its a hard job but sometimes the umpires need to see whats going on and if anyone is fighting on the field or being a general dickwit send them off !!! majority of spectator fights stem from onfield incidents and thats fact !! it is also the coaches responsibility to take off there players if they are being idiots and maybe hand down some club suspensions !!

Thats just my opinion :thumbsu:

Most sensible post so far. show me a club
that say they are incident free and I'll show you a club that's lying. In my ten years as a coach there, just one player had been suspended-FACT!!!!
Just my 2 cents on the brawl

Northern saints player started it with a king hit - FACT

Some dog with a mallet king hit someone from side on like a coward and real low life piece of shit - FACT

He then strutted around like Hercules - FACT

The thing is u cant condemn a club for the actions of one dropkick ...every club has them and its just a matter of getting rid of them for good ...unfortunately humans and violence go hand in hand and at a footy game where tenisons can get high it is impossible to stop something like this from happening !!! much like the violence in the city ..

It is however getting far to common for this crap and all thats gonna happen in the end is parents wont there kids play anymore and clubs will struggle for numbers and eventually if it keeps getting worse and worse clubs will fold ....

And i know its a hard job but sometimes the umpires need to see whats going on and if anyone is fighting on the field or being a general dickwit send them off !!! majority of spectator fights stem from onfield incidents and thats fact !! it is also the coaches responsibility to take off there players if they are being idiots and maybe hand down some club suspensions !!

Thats just my opinion :thumbsu:

absolutely ridculous comments which are easy to make from behind a computer. what about craigeburn...they seem to be involved in a lot of fights and dont have many "ethnic" players.

and what ethnicity are you talking about? seems you are referring to all people who arent white anglo-saxon. well it was a white anglo bloke who king hit mckee on the weekend.

the problem is certain people of all races who would rather belt people & have all ins than play footy. trying to say it is a problem with certain race is absolute crap.

Interesting comments - Salary Cap instead of being broad in your comments why not say who is not good enough to be playing A Grade in this side? Would you know any players?

From what i have heard out of Avondale - The side is changing weekly which wouldnt be good for a settled side. Definitely havent been good enough and looks like a few 2 many guys playing for themselves and not the side.
Have seen them 4 times and I can understand the changes due to the number of players injured. Saw them against Douttas and they were skillful and committed and then they get beat by Glenroy and flogged another couple of times, obvousily are mentally weak. Not sure if they are selfish or not but will have to spend a bit more cash next year to go anywhere or end up in b grade. Looks like the coach is trying his best and he is worth hanging onto.

The niggle went both ways all year. I winder why Tullas under 18s were right in the middle of the melée anyway? U guys don't have the best record either this year, just ask that kid from Sydenham that got smashed by a trained boxer!

You are an absolute tosser mate. You get on here making excuse after excuse looking to blame everyone else but yourselves. No matter how much you want to get on here and throw stones and sling shit at other clubs and other age groups you need to remember one thing. Everyone saw the footage. Everyone saw the U16's Northern Saints player king hit a Tulla kid because he kicked a goal. PUT THAT IN YOUR FACT FILE. That's a no no against Northern Saints isn't it? Someone deserves to be king hit for kicking a goal and putting their team in front. There were 3 that's right 3 under 18 players there watching Tulla because they play for the same club w***er. They were out on the ground because Tulla won the game. Unfortunately because of reasons your club knows all about they were unable to celebrate the great win because of ferral players and supporters from Northern Saints. At the tribunal tonight tell me what club are the 2 players from who have been reported????? That's right. Northern Saints. If the niggles were both ways wouldn't there be players from both sides at the tribunal?? Hasn't one player been charged by the police too?? OH and it was all some supporter that nobody claims to know thats right. Wake up and smell the roses mate. Stop talking so much crap on here. Take some responsibility.

You are an absolute tosser mate. You get on here making excuse after excuse looking to blame everyone else but yourselves. No matter how much you want to get on here and throw stones and sling shit at other clubs and other age groups you need to remember one thing. Everyone saw the footage. Everyone saw the U16's Northern Saints player king hit a Tulla kid because he kicked a goal. PUT THAT IN YOUR FACT FILE. That's a no no against Northern Saints isn't it? Someone deserves to be king hit for kicking a goal and putting their team in front. There were 3 that's right 3 under 18 players there watching Tulla because they play for the same club w***er. They were out on the ground because Tulla won the game. Unfortunately because of reasons your club knows all about they were unable to celebrate the great win because of ferral players and supporters from Northern Saints. At the tribunal tonight tell me what club are the 2 players from who have been reported????? That's right. Northern Saints. If the niggles were both ways wouldn't there be players from both sides at the tribunal?? Hasn't one player been charged by the police too?? OH and it was all some supporter that nobody claims to know thats right. Wake up and smell the roses mate. Stop talking so much crap on here. Take some responsibility.

very well said, one of the best posts of the year

The EDFL needs to re-evaluate the merits of certain teams actually being allowed to remain in this competition. Post match assessments always seem to revolve around fights/brawls. Now we are sprawled across the media for an assault by a supporter - what a disgrace.

I didn't hear it but according to realiable sources the Craigieburn coach instructed his players at 3/4 time to physically assault Keilor players and in particular he singled out Markham Johnson for extra attention. If this actually happened this club needs to be sent back from whence they came.

The tactic didn't work as one Craigieburn player (#40 red head) left the ground under the blood rule after he tried and failed to king hit a Keilor player who only had eyes for the ball.

Another Craigieburn player (#1 Lamaro??) was constantly kicking a Keilor player who kept his composure until he was spat on. Lamaro finished the remainder of the game in a state of confusion and was helped from the field by the trainers - spat on the wrong bloke!

I noticed that the majority of Craigieburn players came in to the rooms though and stayed for quite a while which was good to see (didn't see #40 or #1 come in though!).

I was at the game and can support the above. What was particularly distrubing to me was the treatment of no 48 the Keilor 16yo. He was spear tackled to the ground & then jumped on by his opponent. The kid will miss the rest of the season for what most people around me thought was clearly a reportable offence.
Reading all of the posts over the last few days it is clear to me that clubs are clearly not in control of their supporters or players. Umpires are certainly not taking charge of the on field player behaviour. Coaches are also adding fuel to the fire by encouraging rough stuff from the 70's & 80's. Given the on field stuff is out of control - spectators get a licence to invade the playing field and run a muck.
It is time the EDFL took charge of the situation, this is not an A or B grade problem and please leave out the ethnic side of things: Take up the lead from the AFL - no spectators on the ground until a second siren is sounded. If necessary no spectators on the ground during the quarter time breaks and let's get the kids off the ground at half time and full time before we turn the nutters loose.
A bit over the top you may say - well tell the mother of the boy with the broken jaw, and tell the parents of the players who fear for their safety when all they want to do is play the game they love. Keep the morons on the other side of the fence and for gods sake lets all be honest and admitt the ferals are in every club.

absolutely ridculous comments which are easy to make from behind a computer. what about craigeburn...they seem to be involved in a lot of fights and dont have many "ethnic" players.

and what ethnicity are you talking about? seems you are referring to all people who arent white anglo-saxon. well it was a white anglo bloke who king hit mckee on the weekend.

the problem is certain people of all races who would rather belt people & have all ins than play footy. trying to say it is a problem with certain race is absolute crap.

Just in case you are having diffuculty reading and/or interpreting the entirety of my posts I have highlighted some key points for you.

How is it racist or assumptions when I, and my family members have seen it happen? Deal with it mate, I am not intending to be racist here, if you want to think that, then you're insecure and petty. Like I said, in no way at all are they the only people responsible or the cause of all our problems as you seem to be portraying this, I'm just stating that from my personal experiences fan violence was more rife amongst ethnic fans. And if you think I'd be worried about saying the exact same thing to your face you a sadly mistaken.

;)

checkmate im afraid fletch33

Just in case you are having diffuculty reading and/or interpreting the entirety of my posts I have highlighted some key points for you.

;)

yeah got the picture you are a racist.

To repeat you have simply said "ethnics" - which is to imply anyone other than white people are the problem. That is total crap.

I have played footy in EDFL for about 15 years and I havent witnessed what you say is a problem with "ethnic" players.

You have raised a total generalisation without any evidence which makes it racist. Pretty basic. Hope that is easy for you to understand.

What generally happens is the clubs with no interest in football are the problem. This isnt confined to any race but really to the culture of certain clubs. When clubs improve there culture & adminsitration they can get rid of those players who are only interested in belting people.

Lets have a look at a-grade after the weekend:

1 the mckee incident we have reports of the senior coach, an ex-AFL player supporting the behaviour. As far as im aware Barnes is not an "ethnic" & nor was the player.

2 the incident at craigeburn involving off-ball incdients - again no one would call them an "ethnic" club.

So why doesnt that mean we have a problem with white people in this competition? That is where your argument is just absolute idiocy.

So you can try an paint it anyway you like but you are contributing nothing to the debate and only serving to blame a particular group of people to make yourself feel better.

We should instead be concentrating on giving EDFL & clubs support in weeding out players/ supporters who have no interest in football.

I reckon you should be the first out because we dont need a bunch of ignorant, racist pigs like yourself taking us back 10 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back