EDFL Premier Discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pat’s response to a comment on their Facebook page sounds a lot like Bash’s excuses on this page about injuries.

Think every EK person who knows our squad will tell you about our injuries mate no surprise there.

Heck I think every other coach that knows our list will tell you the same thing. We must all
Be the same Person

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Pat’s response to a comment on their Facebook page sounds a lot like Bash’s excuses on this page about injuries.
Never in my life have I seen a coach go onto a Facebook page blaming injuries for a loss… saying ‘22 injuries on the sideline now to 26’ wowweeeee… mate my club has injuries this year but NEVER would the coach be blaming that for losses.. let alone publicly.

Never in my life have I seen a coach go onto a Facebook page blaming injuries for a loss… saying ‘22 injuries on the sideline now to 26’ wowweeeee… mate my club has injuries this year but NEVER would the coach be blaming that for losses.. let alone publicly.
Just read the same thing mate. For a second I thought jeez this sounds like Bashen

Did you see Strathmores bench? What 4-5 coaches? Nothing wrong with that. Heath Shaw was on the bench running rotations I don’t see anything wrong with that. For our team to get back within a point and lose to the reigning premiers by 4 goals when we had 10 regular reserves players in that’s a great effort. I know you agree but because it’s ek you won’t say that and that’s fine

Also if you think Rocky or Bongo didn’t take advice from a 300 game afl premiership player every single week or huddle then you have lost the plot lol

Lol I never said it was wrong.. I just said he seemed to do more than the Big Boss.. You've got quite worked up over nothing. I never even mentioned anything about the result either... Get off ya high horse. For what it's worth I believe EK will miss out on finals looking at their run home. All those injuries whilst other teams have been injury free for 14 weeks!

Lol I never said it was wrong.. I just said he seemed to do more than the Big Boss.. You've got quite worked up over nothing. I never even mentioned anything about the result either... Get off ya high horse. For what it's worth I believe EK will miss out on finals looking at their run home. All those injuries whilst other teams have been injury free for 14 weeks!
Yep don’t forget every other team doesn’t have injuries!!

Bashen
Whilst I respect your desire to defend your club.
You're on a hiding to nothing here, you reply to 1 & another couple pop up to essentially making the same points that you've already replied to.

Ultimately, decisions made by the club will be proven right or wrong in time.
Correct me if I'm wrong but I'd imagine that the decision was to appoint a caretaker & go to market for next year - so to that end, I'm not sure why there's a running comparison between Rocky & Pat.

My take on it is that Pat thought he could do a better job for the remainder of the season and he would go to the market in the off-season.

The problem is once bitten, twice shy ... we all have a good idea what will happen to the next person if they are not 12-0 heading for the home turn as 9-3 was not good enough, even while taking on the equally onerous DoF role simultaneously.

My take on it is that Pat thought he could do a better job for the remainder of the season and he would go to the market in the off-season.

The problem is once bitten, twice shy ... we all have a good idea what will happen to the next person if they are not 12-0 heading for the home turn as 9-3 was not good enough, even while taking on the equally onerous DoF role simultaneously.

Thats the thing. Which talented coach with options would take it on considering what happened this year?

Which doesn't really differ from what I'd said, beyond the excuse to continually pot or critique Pat based on vibe alone..
They've played 2 games since the change & neither result should come as a shock.
Time will tell whether it was the right or wrong decision & we'll have to see how it plays out.
The desire to craft a narrative around that club is getting tired & repetitive however.

A wise man once said to me “never coach at a club where the former coach is still involved”.

Two coaches were knifed within twelve rounds of having their jobs (Iannello from EK and Tankard from Tulla) with both former coaches in positions of power doing the outgoing coaches dirty.

EK forfeit in the ressies. Unrest is one of the reasons in addition to unavailability. Many players have left because they aren’t happy.

Lol ok you would think the post was pretty self explanatory but no worries

Name me some players that have left that are unhappy?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

EK forfeit in the ressies. Unrest is one of the reasons in addition to unavailability. Many players have left because they aren’t happy.
I don't believe this has ever happened in the history of the club and to announce this on a Tuesday is disappointing. Its a pity the 30-40 EK original players are playing at other clubs.

I don't believe this has ever happened in the history of the club and to announce this on a Tuesday is disappointing. Its a pity the 30-40 EK original players are playing at other clubs.

It’s unfortunate normally you could use the 19’s to fill the holes as they did last week however they are playing away this week.

But with a total of 30 odd senior players available for selection total…. Do the math only leaves roughly 8 for the ressies.

27 unavailable is an absurd number. I did say many times we are battered, everyone was just saying everyone has injuries lol, I agree but not 20 and 7 in Europe. This was a matter of time.

Few will be retuning from Europe and injury very soon hopefully, just not this week which is a shame.

Last edited:
Pretty ordinary doing it on a Tuesday be some egos hurt with the decision but I suppose the honcho doesn’t care about the reserves 🤔

Pretty ordinary doing it on a Tuesday be some egos hurt with the decision but I suppose the honcho doesn’t care about the reserves

Mate do you think the reserve players that are available didn’t know this was coming and we’re not spoken to prior lol they come to training they can see whose on the side line.

They Were very well aware.

Why wait till Thursday or Friday to announce it. No one has a magic wand to fix broken bones mate.

Last edited:
Mate do you think the reserve players that are available didn’t know this was coming and we’re not spoken to prior lol they come to training they can see whose on the side line.

No worries if I can get down I will . I’m sure with a contact list of the powers that be you could get together a 2’s side but maybe the club doesn’t have the people / players to help
Out when necessary . Not a good look for “ proud “ club . You’d at least wait until Thursday night after training to see who got up or not but if you only have 22 players on the track it makes it hard 😂

Why wait till Thursday or Friday to announce it. No one has a magic wand to fix broken bones mate.

Anyway I won’t annoy you anymore as you’ll have more important things to do in the next couple of hours I would have thought . Good luck

2nd reserves forfeit for the year… 2nd against Keilor

I guess it’s harder to fill a team knowing you’re getting smashed
In QLD I’m sure not only do you get fined for forfeiting but if you forfeit a third time your seniors lose 4 points and if a 4th forfeit occurs you are deemed ineligible for finals in any grade.

No worries if I can get down I will . I’m sure with a contact list of the powers that be you could get together a 2’s side but maybe the club doesn’t have the people / players to help
Out when necessary . Not a good look for “ proud “ club . You’d at least wait until Thursday night after training to see who got up or not but if you only have 22 players on the track it makes it hard

All the injuries are long term there is no 1-2 Weekers where waiting till Thursday will make a diff. Think only one or two is a soft tissue. Rest are broken bones or ACL’s and reco’s.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back