EDFL Premier Discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will be interesting to see if he gets picked up mid season, I hope he does. Definitely good enough to be on an AFL list, I’m shocked Geelong dropped him to be honest.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Bombers don’t really need that type of player they are more likely to fill short term needs with a key defender. Narkle really good yesterday but hasn’t been setting the world on fire in the VFL. Would be exciting to watch if he does play in the EDFL.
Cats seem to going alright without him Bash

Bombers don’t really need that type of player they are more likely to fill short term needs with a key defender. Narkle really good yesterday but hasn’t been setting the world on fire in the VFL. Would be exciting to watch if he does play in the EDFL.
Cats seem to going alright without him Bash

Yeah they have picked it up, they didn’t start too crash hot though.

How Essendon give Tippa a spot on the AFL list over Narkle tho has got me f’d

I love the EDFL but this season is going to be a snore-fest for both Premier and Div 1.
Keilor, PV, Strathmore, Abers clear top 4 then about a 5-6 goal gap to Greenvale, Marby, AH & EK and another 5 goal gap to AW and Douttas.

In D1, Deer Park will win the flag but at least the relegation battle will be exciting.

Huge error not putting DP straight into Peemier. Would have made Premier a talking point and made D1 very open.
I can't remember a time when the last 4 have been so weak. Not having a go at those clubs as I'm sure they are doing their best but the quality is as poor as I've ever seen. Unfortunately, this results in a lack of interest and people/volunteers dropping off..

Ok, I accept that Pascoe Vale have got players to come back. But 2 thumpings in the 2’s by that magnitude would be a huge concern. Seconds have got a percentage of 9.

A real shining light for Pacco is the performance of the 18.5’s. They’ve beaten both Abers and Keilor. That’s a great effort, and augurs well for the future of the club.
Plenty injured at Pacco. Had to pull up a couple of 18s, even then ended with 15 on the field with injuries mid game

As previously mentioned by Gremlin, they no longer show outcome of Tribunal hearings on EDFL website. What’s next to be left off, clearances? Already in many country leagues Clearances are not publicised on their websites or on Play HQ. Bloody ridiculous!
Plenty injured at Pacco. Had to pull up a couple of 18s, even then ended with 15 on the field with injuries mid game
That level of players unavailable through injury after only 2 rounds is pretty concerning. For any team to be regarded as a serious premiership threat, then they need quality replacements when inevitably injuries occur. May be wrong, but not sure Pascoe Vale fall into this category.

Would appear there’s not a lot of talent in their 2’s who could step up to senior ranks if required.

That level of players unavailable through injury after only 2 rounds is pretty concerning. For any team to be regarded as a serious premiership threat, then they need quality replacements when inevitably injuries occur. May be wrong, but not sure Pascoe Vale fall into this category.

Would appear there’s not a lot of talent in their 2’s who could step up to senior ranks if required.

Strathmore faced a similar challenge early last season and timed it perfectly with players returning. Think they were 5th at the halfway mark ?

Pacco beaten Abers and beaten a kick by Keilor, I’d say even with some injuries they will be fine and comfortably make top 4. The u/18’s are very good too and is always a better place to bring in depth than with Reserve players

True- but wouldn’t write them off. Hard for talent to show when you’re trying to cover too many gaps. Timing is everything and seniors will be competing at the pointy end, and as players return, even the twos might be there

Tips this week?

PV 15 goals
EK 12 goals
Avondale 6 goals
Abbers 12 goals

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Player points are back on the website. Marby playing at max and EK under. That’s a change no one probably expected hahaha

Player points are back on the website. Marby playing at max and EK under. That’s a change no one probably expected hahaha

Where are the points shown? Which section?

No Narkle at EK with the Essendon bye? He need a rest or more a points issue?

He’s a big chance in the mid season draft, very silly to risk him this early. I’d say if he’s available after mid season draft and doesn’t get drafted will definetly play

APW will do the yo-yo again. Proves once again how hard it is to come up to prem and stay

EK into outright premiership favouritism Bash? 😄
Reserve your judgement until they play Keilor, Abers, Stratmore & Pacco - Nothing more than a training run today. - They have played Greenvale, Marby & APW with Doutta next week basically the bottom 4 teams apart from Avondale yet. Time will tell as they meet those teams in the cold, wetter weeks where these big blokes will slow down.

Reserve your judgement until they play Keilor, Abers, Stratmore & Pacco - Nothing more than a training run today. - They have played Greenvale, Marby & APW with Doutta next week basically the bottom 4 teams apart from Avondale yet. Time will tell as they meet those teams in the cold, wetter weeks where these big blokes will slow down.

Mate u alright or what….he was being sarcastic lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back