EDFL Premier Discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree C.P, Rocky is a good man, one of the nicest I’ve met. The Commitee and Rocky know why it was made, and as an EK supporter just know the correct decision was made for the better of the club and the playing list, wether you see that now or not. You will eventually, may not be today, or by the end of the season but you will eventually.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
You would be the only supporter or member supporting the decision,a lot of life members and supporters are very embarrassed about the decision…..😡

This is panning out real well for Keilor Park , all they need to do is nothing , and within 12-18 months they will be the tenants of rooms worth about 5 million that they havent had to put 1 cent into.
This will never happen - For a start Keilor Park are part of Brimbank Council and EK Moonee Valley Council. EK will be fine once the money leaves as many of the actual EK People will be back and speaking to a few of the ex-sponsors are happy to help out as they just dont wont to deal with Christofi ! Have a few EK friends that are just disillusioned with decisions made by Christofi over the past few years.

Committee have no say as they were picked by him - To Be clear- He is running the show - EK have won 1 final ( division 1) in 5 years and are somehow in Premier Division spending over $220k on players P.A. If the EDFL were running a serious competition then they would do something about this rather than just being entertained & bamboozled by Pre-season functions held at Overland !

I agree C.P, Rocky is a good man, one of the nicest I’ve met. The Commitee and Rocky know why it was made, and as an EK supporter just know the correct decision was made for the better of the club and the playing list, wether you see that now or not. You will eventually, may not be today, or by the end of the season but you will eventually.

Ok Bashen, perhaps you could straight out tell those of us on this forum, so we can also understand. Why specifically was Rocky terminated? No deflections, no generalities, no beating around the bush.

Seems pretty incomprehensible, when the team is tracking at 9 and 3. Shabby way to treat a genuinely top bloke.

Ok Bashen, perhaps you could straight out tell those of us on this forum, so we can also understand. Why specifically was Rocky terminated? No deflections, no generalities, no beating around the bush.

Seems pretty incomprehensible, when the team is tracking at 9 and 3. Shabby way to treat a genuinely top bloke.
Few family members posting on the EK social pages. Not happy so clearly not an amicable decision. Just read about a planned day for Rocky was scheduled but now cancelled obviously. Interesting

Few family members posting on the EK social pages. Not happy so clearly not an amicable decision. Just read about a planned day for Rocky was scheduled but now cancelled obviously. Interesting
it could hardly have been amicable could it!

Truly bewildering decision, how the one man can hold the roles of President, Senior Coach, Footy Manager and Under 16's coach at an A grade club is mind boggling, but anyway EK as a club has allowed this to manifest over the years and here we are

What was the planned day for Rocky Turbs?

As a past player of E.K 15+ years of pulling on the jumper I was absolutely blown away by the news that rocky was given his marching orders.
I have been to a few games this year and have observed pat and how he is operating this proud club.
To have no past memorabilia up in the new rooms absolutely astounds me.
50 years of history with next to none on display is an absolute disgrace!
I personally think pat is a narcissistic ego driven individual and yes for him to take on so many rolls across the club is laughable!
Pat I know you will read this hit the road mate and give the club back to its loyal band of followers.
You are destroying a proud club with a proud history enough is enough!
We will rebuild and be a family club of loyal followers.
Stuff trying to buy a flag let history take its course in honourable decent way!
Thanks for your service but time to go.

it could hardly have been amicable could it!

Truly bewildering decision, how the one man can hold the roles of President, Senior Coach, Footy Manager and Under 16's coach at an A grade club is mind boggling, but anyway EK as a club has allowed this to manifest over the years and here we are

What was the planned day for Rocky Turbs?
His son plays his 100th in under 16 coached by the ol mate money man ..after he sacked the under 16 and took over ..

As a past player of E.K 15+ years of pulling on the jumper I was absolutely blown away by the news that rocky was given his marching orders.
I have been to a few games this year and have observed pat and how he is operating this proud club.
To have no past memorabilia up in the new rooms absolutely astounds me.
50 years of history with next to none on display is an absolute disgrace!
I personally think pat is a narcissistic ego driven individual and yes for him to take on so many rolls across the club is laughable!
Pat I know you will read this hit the road mate and give the club back to its loyal band of followers.
You are destroying a proud club with a proud history enough is enough!
We will rebuild and be a family club of loyal followers.
Stuff trying to buy a flag let history take its course in honourable decent way!
Thanks for your service but time to go.
Absolutely !!! Best thing said on here for a while.....

Bit like their under 18's playing Div 1, play up in Prem and challenge the boys.
Pre season it was looking highly unlikely EK would field an U18 team. They did not in 2022.
Like many Clubs this age group has been very tough to fill in recent years.

Pat made it his priority and promised parents and players that were considering looking elsewhere for a game
that they would get a team together some how.

Good to his word the Club got the min. numbers to make up a team. This team is predominately bottom age 16 and 17Y/O boys.

There are some very talented young kids no doubt but they would get smashed by a Prem. div team consisting of mainly bigger bodied 18y olds.

They are doing well being 2nd on the ladder but I can assure you they are being challenged most weeks.

No division is as level as all would like and there are always stronger and weaker teams unfortunately.

They are in the right division . I believe Douttas Stars 18s in same position.

Sure does! Absolute disgusting decision, especially because it’s the departed coaches son’s 100th game this week! What a week to do it..

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
even more so when you consider they have the bye the week later - surely could have waited til after the weekend..

In reality it shouldn't have happened at all - no one can tell me EK aren't meeting expectations up this point

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pre season it was looking highly unlikely EK would field an U18 team. They did not in 2022.
Like many Clubs this age group has been very tough to fill in recent years.

Pat made it his priority and promised parents and players that were considering looking elsewhere for a game
that they would get a team together some how.

Good to his word the Club got the min. numbers to make up a team. This team is predominately bottom age 16 and 17Y/O boys.

There are some very talented young kids no doubt but they would get smashed by a Prem. div team consisting of mainly bigger bodied 18y olds.

They are doing well being 2nd on the ladder but I can assure you they are being challenged most weeks.

No division is as level as all would like and there are always stronger and weaker teams unfortunately.

They are in the right division . I believe Douttas Stars 18s in same position.

Ok as usual we are all criticises when it comes to something we don't like..so Mr.Chris comes in puts his money in and lifts a club and all is good until decisions are made that people don't like..my observations are simple ..what are the good things he has brought to the table? Why negativety ? Its only football and I wouldn't sack the coach but there doesn't appear to be any real opposition from the club itself..ok so u can remove the president by votes etc and I rechon a million clubs would welcome him and his input . Mercenaries?? Players love playing for a good value ..right? Imagine if he had gone to jacana fc and recruited and put them back .what would we be saying then? Either u wanna sit in bottom grades or reach the mountain...as I said I wouldn't take on all those roles but at East Keilor his boss and thats it...at the other end of the scale, let's look at what good he has brought to the table..im no supporter of EK but a footy man..this is how you compete against the top teams..now..either u scrap points etc and make it open slather or it is what it is..im a supporter of footy and at this stage he has brought EK up and once he leaves they will drop back divisions..so coach gone ..coach stays it matters not..a decision was made and thats life..Rocky will be hurting but now has a huge following and clubs will line up for his services it appear ..life goes on..whether u like what I say or not he runs EK like a business and thats fine with me..you can't please everyone..in final..lets talk about the positives he has brought.if zero then vote him out..he will stay..lets stop bagging..footy can be heartless

Ok as usual we are all criticises when it comes to something we don't like..so Mr.Chris comes in puts his money in and lifts a club and all is good until decisions are made that people don't like..my observations are simple ..what are the good things he has brought to the table? Why negativety ? Its only football and I wouldn't sack the coach but there doesn't appear to be any real opposition from the club itself..ok so u can remove the president by votes etc and I rechon a million clubs would welcome him and his input . Mercenaries?? Players love playing for a good value ..right? Imagine if he had gone to jacana fc and recruited and put them back .what would we be saying then? Either u wanna sit in bottom grades or reach the mountain...as I said I wouldn't take on all those roles but at East Keilor his boss and thats it...at the other end of the scale, let's look at what good he has brought to the table..im no supporter of EK but a footy man..this is how you compete against the top teams..now..either u scrap points etc and make it open slather or it is what it is..im a supporter of footy and at this stage he has brought EK up and once he leaves they will drop back divisions..so coach gone ..coach stays it matters not..a decision was made and thats life..Rocky will be hurting but now has a huge following and clubs will line up for his services it appear ..life goes on..whether u like what I say or not he runs EK like a business and thats fine with me..you can't please everyone..in final..lets talk about the positives he has brought.if zero then vote him out..he will stay..lets stop bagging..footy can be heartless

When's the last time you saw a President sack an under 16's coach and senior coach in the same year and then take on the roles himself!

Everyone on this anonymous forum is very quick to judge looking in and 99% of them couldn’t do 3% of the things Pat has done for EK, so at the end of the day if the only negative thing he has done is sack 2 coaches for very valid reasons that I won’t mention on a forum because win loss isn’t everything and because he hasn’t put up old memorabilia from a demolished club room then I’ll take that, mind you he wasn’t in charge when this club room was built.

Everyone can keep talking sh’t on here and voicing opinions but I assure you, Pat and committee will remain unfazed and continue to operate in a manner that will Best suit the club to make them a competing club for years to come in premier. Remember many elements involved in being senior coach, if you tick 1 out of 5 boxes being win/loss for example then it’s not good enough.

You all laughed when he got the gig as a bottom Div 1 club. I challenge you…. Go become a senior coach at Glenroy…. Then become the president. Turn them into a competing premier team in 5 years with 2 covid years.

GOODLUCK

Why would people not bag until it can be explained why he was removed as coach? Because until you can do so, the merits of all good deeds are thrown out the window as all trust has been lost

Why would people not bag until it can be explained why he was removed as coach? Because until you can do so, the merits of all good deeds are thrown out the window as all trust has been lost

Why does that have to be explained? Can you explain why Afl coaches are sacked without a reason provided? The committee apparently approved it... its a club matter in my opinion

Everyone on this anonymous forum is very quick to judge looking in and 99% of them couldn’t do 3% of the things Pat has done for EK, so at the end of the day if the only negative thing he has done is sack 2 coaches for very valid reasons that I won’t mention on a forum because win loss isn’t everything and because he hasn’t put up old memorabilia from a demolished club room then I’ll take that, mind you he wasn’t in charge when this club room was built.

Everyone can keep talking sh’t on here and voicing opinions but I assure you, Pat and committee will remain unfazed and continue to operate in a manner that will Best suit the club to make them a competing club for years to come in premier. Remember many elements involved in being senior coach, if you tick 1 out of 5 boxes being win/loss for example then it’s not good enough.

You all laughed when he got the gig as a bottom Div 1 club. I challenge you…. Go become a senior coach at Glenroy…. Then become the president. Turn them into a competing premier team in 5 years with 2 covid years.

GOODLUCK

They are all happy when money is inducted ...im with you Bashen..thats all they are good at and nothing better to do..blah blah blah...no one is owed no explanations..

Why does that have to be explained? Can you explain why Afl coaches are sacked without a reason provided? The committee apparently approved it... its a club matter in opinion
When you remove a coach that is sitting third on the ladder, of course you need an explanation. More so when you give yourself the job. The committee represents the members therefore total transparency is required. It's not a private business!!

They are all happy when money is inducted ...im with you Bashen..thats all they are good at and nothing better to do..blah blah blah...no one is owed no explanations..
That's the thing though - as members, they actually are.
Long live the benevolent dictator though, I suppose..

When you remove a coach that is sitting third on the ladder, of course you need an explanation. More so when you give yourself the job. The committee represents the members therefore total transparency is required. It's not a private business!!

I agree you don’t just sack a coach sitting third do you? Use your brain, there must be reasons for it or else why do it. Like I’ve said many boxes need ticking to be a senior coach. None of your business why the decision was made and they don’t need to make anything known.

Commitee should be credited for having the balls to make such a call to better their club knowing there will be people sooking who don’t understand why a decision was made.

Mate there is no time to interview people now it’s mid season. The one that built the list and has coached the players in the past takes over in the interim for the remainder of the season along with a qualified Western Jets development coach in Ali Hamad. Common sense no ?

Don’t know why you worry yourself in EK affairs they will be fine, you are all quick to say EK is going to fall apart at every decision you don’t like, and guess what…. They have gotten better every time! Lucky your opinions are irrelevant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back