EDFL Premier Discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

It gets funnier with every post
Coming from QLD and only new to this league I am blown away by how some clubs are managed.

A good President always supports the coach and footy department but should never interfere with day to day footy decisions as that is what a coach and assistants are engaged for in my opinion.

Most good Presidents that leave a legacy behind them are always hard working in the back ground getting club in order.

No matter how good this bloke is it cannot be done both Coach and President at this level.

Just goes to show why the good clubs in this league seem to be better than others and have continued success. It’s not something you can rush if you want it sustainable.

Be interesting to see how it pans out.

You block comments about Rupo on here Auck, so your the same!
There are multiple comments about Rupo cheating the cap which remain up and are not deleted despite nothing ever being made public knowledge from the league.

There remains no rock-solid proof East Keilor is cheating the cap either. For all we know your club could be cheating and every single other club could be too.

There are multiple comments about Rupo cheating the cap which remain up and are not deleted despite nothing ever being made public knowledge from the league.

There remains no rock-solid proof East Keilor is cheating the cap either. For all we know your club could be cheating and every single other club could be too.
95% of clubs cheat the cap, it's just how much you cheat by

Coming from QLD and only new to this league I am blown away by how some clubs are managed.

A good President always supports the coach and footy department but should never interfere with day to day footy decisions as that is what a coach and assistants are engaged for in my opinion.

Most good Presidents that leave a legacy behind them are always hard working in the back ground getting club in order.

No matter how good this bloke is it cannot be done both Coach and President at this level.

Just goes to show why the good clubs in this league seem to be better than others and have continued success. It’s not something you can rush if you want it sustainable.

Be interesting to see how it pans out.
💯 correct

Well played Auck. 15-0 in tennis terms 🤣

All successful teams have a Senior Coach working in harmony with the Committee/President.

If they are the same person then there is the ultimate team, lol.

Really depends if the club wants short term success and buys players, or wants long term stability and rewards the juniors coming through!!

As many have stated, when the money goes, what’s left??

Money culture v Loyal culture, one is a lot easier to sustain than the other.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks like EK's business model is almost identical to Tullamarine - Buy Players / Coach becomes president / Sack coach / President becomes coach again / New facilities / Tullamarine play off in Prelim final and now fighting relegation - maybe this is the next chapter for EK... DC & Christofi similar egotistic people!

When you say easy to judge from the outside , isnt that where you always claim to be , you are forever telling us that your only an outside supporter . This comment seems to tell us that you are on the inside , that maybe your more involved than you want to declare . Interesting .

I wonder if any of the other Presidents of the clubs may have asked the EDFL to have a coffee with Rocky and ask some relative questions regarding the rumours and gossip that the whole of the Victorian public have heard about EK and their generous ways .Surely its just the due diligence that should take place before our leagues name is dragged through the mud again .

Looks like EK's business model is almost identical to Tullamarine - Buy Players / Coach becomes president / Sack coach / President becomes coach again / New facilities / Tullamarine play off in Prelim final and now fighting relegation - maybe this is the next chapter for EK... DC & Christofi similar egotistic people!
you maybe correct but you could also produce the Almanac for the next 20 Premierships
Keilor / Strathmore / Abers

Well played Auck. 15-0 in tennis terms 🤣

Some great footy coming up this weekend mate. Looks to be some excellent matchups in Premier.

Avondale over EDS by 20
Keilor by 6 over Strathmore
Pascoe Vale by 16 over Greenvale
Abers by 64 over Marby
East Keilor by 18 over Airport West

Some great footy coming up this weekend mate. Looks to be some excellent matchups in Premier.

Avondale over EDS by 20
Keilor by 6 over Strathmore
Pascoe Vale by 16 over Greenvale
Abers by 64 over Marby
East Keilor by 18 over Airport West
Douttas by 2
Keilor by 36
Greenvale by 1
Abers by 25
APW by 6

Be interesting to know if EK pay out the remainder of Rocky’s contract?.. Along with any performance based bonus?
Presently sitting 3rd, and a shoe-in for finals you’d presume any PBB would have been well on the way to being met?

Bit like the HS 18’s last year. Coaches refused the side nominate for Premier and be kept in Div 1. The club reluctantly caved in.
However HS seniors were in div1 so it’s a lot different situation as they played in the same division. It was probably a decision only the coach would know was best for his players.
Need to revert back to your 18s play where your seniors play ( all 3 games against the same opposition 18s, res, seniors) unless a club wants to play up a grade and it doesn’t affect other clubs.
Make a div3 for all clubs 2nd 18s sides.

That’s what I believe is best..

However HS seniors were in div1 so it’s a lot different situation as they played in the same division. It was probably a decision only the coach would know was best for his players.
Need to revert back to your 18s play where your seniors play ( all 3 games against the same opposition 18s, res, seniors) unless a club wants to play up a grade and it doesn’t affect other clubs.
Make a div3 for all clubs 2nd 18s sides.

That’s what I believe is best..

So 4 divisions of u18?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back