EDFL Premier Discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know a Collingwood VFL player who gets more money for his aligned NFNL club match payments.
I know someone who works for an AFL Club and plays local footy. He said what some VFL players get paid versus local footy left him wondering why they even bother. Yes we know it's a step closer to AFL but some blokes would know they aren't get into AFL anyway so better to get paid at their local club

On SM-N985F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I know someone who works for an AFL Club and plays local footy. He said what some VFL players get paid versus local footy left him wondering why they even bother. Yes we know it's a step closer to AFL but some blokes would know they aren't get into AFL anyway so better to get paid at their local club

And that’s the sad thing for those clubs who don’t pay under the table and cheat the salary cap.

The VFL/AFL take advantage of knowing that it is the only pathway to the big time in this state and that players wanting to keep the dream alive will take less.
SO WRONG but that's what happens when the majority of the loot is put into the AFLW.

So when players feel that they can't make AFL or are fed up with the poor match payments they go back to local footy , easier, much less commitment/sacrifice and up to four or more times better renumeration.

CRAZY SYSTEM!!

The second-best comp in the State should be second best paid.

The VFL/AFL take advantage of knowing that it is the only pathway to the big time in this state and that players wanting to keep the dream alive will take less.
SO WRONG but that's what happens when the majority of the loot is put into the AFLW.

So when players feel that they can't make AFL or are fed up with the poor match payments they go back to local footy , easier, much less commitment/sacrifice and up to four or more times better renumeration.

CRAZY SYSTEM!!

The second-best comp in the State should be second best paid.
In theory, yes.
Would Williamstown/Port just throw their weight around more than usual?
Would the Bullants, Coburg & Frankston be able to cope with the additional pressure?

In theory, yes.
Would Williamstown/Port just throw their weight around more than usual?
Would the Bullants, Coburg & Frankston be able to cope with the additional pressure?
They are barely coping now and that is a big part of the problem.
They need AFL funding . I know people will say that they should be able to get by with
sponsorships, gate takings, memberships etc however NO AFLW team could survive without
AFL money. Fully subsidized competition.

Surely the AFL feeder clubs should get assistance , more TV coverage and promotion than
the pitiful (compared to AFLW) amount the competition gets now ?

A strong, equitable and publicized VFL is miles down the AFL's priority list.
I am afraid that the clubs you mention above and more, some older than many AFL clubs will struggle to keep going in the next few years.
Local clubs do benefit from the system however.

Last edited:
They've completely escaped any heat from the BF peanut gallery this season. How does relegation affect them as a club?
They r cooked, they will get beaten up physically in division 1 by the tougher more physical clubs meaning coming straight back up for them will be very hard, they would have to recruit well in the off season to come straight back up

Why aberfeldie
He coaches his daughters that play for the club and he has a connection to Marcon as they played together for Richmond, I want it to happen, whether it actually will is another question, cotch might not want to play footy again for a bit

Playing in the current VFL system gives players access to better coaches, better training facilities, better training programs, better medical, etc, etc.
I think any player would be way better off at this level.

In the VFL system players don’t pay match day payments, don’t pay for jumpers, shorts, socks etc, they don’t have to pay to go to the annual ball, presentation night and other functions.
At local level there is an expectation to put a percentage of your payments back into the club through functions etc, and so there should be.

And AFLW players should be paid more than VFL men’s players, it is the Women’s elite competition, it is still in its infancy and needs assistance, eventually you’d hope it will become self funded.

He hasn’t played since round 9 at bullants. Is he injuried or did he go overseas.

Came back, played a couple and then went O/S.
Playing in the current VFL system gives players access to better coaches, better training facilities, better training programs, better medical, etc, etc.
I think any player would be way better off at this level.

In the VFL system players don’t pay match day payments, don’t pay for jumpers, shorts, socks etc, they don’t have to pay to go to the annual ball, presentation night and other functions.
At local level there is an expectation to put a percentage of your payments back into the club through functions etc, and so there should be.

And AFLW players should be paid more than VFL men’s players, it is the Women’s elite competition, it is still in its infancy and needs assistance, eventually you’d hope it will become self funded.

AFLW will never be self-funded.

He coaches his daughters that play for the club and he has a connection to Marcon as they played together for Richmond, I want it to happen, whether it actually will is another question, cotch might not want to play footy again for a bit
He didn’t coach his daughter , believe me my son played in the team

EK almost back at full strength tomorrow with Ben Silvangni & Health Shaw back in. Should be a cracker with Dennis, Stewart & Colletta all flying at the moment. Also, with Brodie Holland leaving Preston Bullants maybe EK is his new coaching destination calling?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

EK almost back at full strength tomorrow with Ben Silvangni & Health Shaw back in. Should be a cracker with Dennis, Stewart & Colletta all flying at the moment. Also, with Brodie Holland leaving Preston Bullants maybe EK is his new coaching destination calling?
Colletta leaving I hear, over to TL under Burns

Don’t you hate the big mouths last time like you & your side kick have nothing to say this time around??

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Not sure what you’re on about. My last post re EK was post number 2038 on page 82 of this forum. I criticised the concerted over the top pile on which has been occurring over recent times in relation to both EK and Bashen. Prior to that, I don’t believe I’ve posted anything too contentious.

I have never commented on EK forfeiting their reserves. You’ve obviously got me confused with another poster.

My comment re predictive text was tongue in cheek. I’ve been caught out plenty of times myself, with similar outcomes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back