EDFL Premier Discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cheers, mate.
Good to see them come down hard and set an example. The AFL VIC handings to clubs recently in breach have been slaps on the wrist. Hope the EDFL follow suit with whoever they catch this year, if they do, and come down hard and start fighting back. Sign on’s aren’t legal under the system, yet 99% of players moving clubs ask for one. Even heard of players staying on at the same club getting a sign on, madness! Clubs need to take the power back and more importantly the footy operation managers and coaches or they risk something like this happening. Zero sympathy for clubs getting caught

Ek vs strathmore at glenroy, surely a joke. Can’t be playing a premier league final there
emoji23.png

Why? I thought Glenroy was in great nick yesterday.

Obviously the so called better grounds aren’t available so they have to play at the next best which have to a fence around so they can charge the patrons . Not many grounds have fences around them so their choices are limited.
Could have played the 1v2 games on Saturday at coburg giving the loser the extra day break for the following week and the 3v4 elimination on Sunday at coburg. Others may not agree but even if they kept the sat/sun slots I’d be playing the west coburg vs rupertswood game at coburg, higher standard takes precedence come finals time IMO

Ek vs strathmore at glenroy, surely a joke. Can’t be playing a premier league final there

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I was at Glenroy on Saturday, and the ground is in perfect condition. The only concern will be the centre as it's a turf wicket, and we look to have a heap of rain coming on Thursday and Friday.

SWOOPINGTIME

I was at Glenroy on Saturday, and the ground is in perfect condition. The only concern will be the centre as it's a turf wicket, and we look to have a heap of rain coming on Thursday and Friday.

SWOOPINGTIME

It was ok last week but if there is rain later this week it will be horribly soft on Saturday. It goes to a sponge very quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
The Joke is that women football has taken priority Now and the grounds - The VAFA Women had Coburg Oval for both SAT & SUN. AFLW Essendon is at Windy Hill when they should play at The HANGER.
EDFL Should book next years Finals Grounds (2024) This week !!!

Obviously the so called better grounds aren’t available so they have to play at the next best which have to a fence around so they can charge the patrons . Not many grounds have fences around them so their choices are limited.
The Joke is that women football has taken priority Now and the grounds - The VAFA Women had Coburg Oval for both SAT & SUN. AFLW Essendon is at Windy Hill when they should play at The HANGER.
They can’t book windy hill. Essendon run windy hill so they decide who uses the ground. Their sides take priority the EDFL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Keilor vs Pacco is at Coburg on Sunday?

It was ok last week but if there is rain later this week it will be horribly soft on Saturday. It goes to a sponge very quickly.
Very true, but with the ROYS not playing footy, no one will be digging it up training on it, and fingers crossed the drainage is good.

SWOOPINGTIME

Very true, but with the ROYS not playing footy, no one will be digging it up training on it, and fingers crossed the drainage is good.

SWOOPINGTIME
Keilor is a better ground and supporters can watch from all parts of the ground which I like. Shops close by as well if you wanted food etc.

Keilor is a better ground and supporters can watch from all parts of the ground which I like. Shops close by as well if you wanted food etc.
You can watch the game from all around the ground at Glenroy Turbo. The deck at Glenroy these days is far superior than Keilor to. Keilor looks like a cow paddock. Shame Greenvale cant be used for finals as it’s clearly the best venue all round in the EDFL.

You can watch the game from all around the ground at Glenroy Turbo. The deck at Glenroy these days is far superior than Keilor to. Keilor looks like a cow paddock. Shame Greenvale cant be used for finals as it’s clearly the best venue all round in the EDFL.

Can't agree with that.

Keilor looks average, but plays well. Maybe it's old traumas, but I personally can't stand Greenvale. Soulless I reckon.

Thoughts about how this division compares with premier division from other competitions? I have followed edfl for a very long time but recently started watching the BNFL. I must say, Torquay tigers (top of premier division) would beat Keilor comfortably. Be interesting to compare these different leagues.

Greenvale has been used for junior finals I have had kids play in and they were charging at the gate.
A brilliant venue IMO.

Thoughts about how this division compares with premier division from other competitions? I have followed edfl for a very long time but recently started watching the BNFL. I must say, Torquay tigers (top of premier division) would beat Keilor comfortably. Be interesting to compare these different leagues.
You taking the pi55 ?

Do you mean Geelong FNL? Surely not Bellarine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back