EDFL Premier Discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whilst a very good back pocket. Allison can be easily replaced. They’ve got serious depth in the under 18s & reserves let alone recruiting.
Condon hurts but I’m sure they’ve got a few on the radar in that area.
Vavra is a massive loss especially if Keogh is playing full time vfl. Also egglestone did his knee before the grand final so potentially 4 big outs but strathmore will replace and be there again.
Who is Keogh playing VFL "full time" with?🤔

Good to see the Edfl addressing the big issues and introducing a salary cap in the women’s competition.Laughable (almost) and will only put pressure on the clubs to pay money.
They cannot even police the salary cap and should be more concerned about running the Mens competition than trying to buy popularity from the minority.

Can people enlighten me as to how these so called signings work. Is an agreement between club and player an enforceable document in a court of law?. If so, is the contract that has been entered into subject to obtaining a clearance ?.
Based on the above questions has a player or club ever taken a breach of contract to court and if so what was the outcome?.
Lets be honest Pat at EK must be some sort of salesman but does the sale come watertight for the player?. Honestly cannot believe Tim Quick has left Deer Park for East Keilor and does anyone have the scoop as to any reasons why other than monetary compensation?.

Can people enlighten me as to how these so called signings work. Is an agreement between club and player an enforceable document in a court of law?. If so, is the contract that has been entered into subject to obtaining a clearance ?.
Based on the above questions has a player or club ever taken a breach of contract to court and if so what was the outcome?.
Lets be honest Pat at EK must be some sort of salesman but does the sale come watertight for the player?. Honestly cannot believe Tim Quick has left Deer Park for East Keilor and does anyone have the scoop as to any reasons why other than monetary compensation?.
Only Tim can answer the reasons why.

As far as contracts go as long as they are done properly ie. signed by player and witnessed/signed by club official then they hold up and clubs can deny players a clearance. Unlikely Tim was contracted for 2024 so Deer Park don’t have any options to hold him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

T
Don't the players have to become registered before they are considered valid, i.e. February 1, unless otherwise arranged?
That’s true.
There was an example of that this season with a player signing at a club, taking a sign on, then having a change of heart prior to Feb 1. Believe he paid back the sign on in good faith but technically the club didn’t have a leg to stand on. Only a matter of time before some mercenaries take a sign on without playing for said club

Purely money ?

Zero doubt as is the case with all that grace Pat !

Doubt it’s because Pat can coach 😂😂😂😂😂

In QLD if a player moves from one club to another it comes with an additional 2 points loading. Does that apply in this competition?

Don't new players have to become registered before they are considered valid, i.e. February 1, unless otherwise arranged (not including multiple year deals including 2023 and 2024)?
Exactly - I don't know why clubs do it. They roll them out in Oct/Nov and come Feb they are off to the country or have left for " Personal Reasons" -

On another note, i was looking for the Joke of the Week and come across the headline "Introduction of Salary Cap for EDFL Womens Comp" - surely they are taking the Pi**. What's next a Cap on free membership for juniors......

Sorry for my absence but in the words of MJ (Michael Jordan) “I’m Back”. I can see EK (East keilor) making a push. They’ve splashed the cash and are always on top of the salary ladder but I see them with their new additions being a greater threat then Strathmore. Dumont will be found out whereas EK have some genuine stars that can put pressure on Mick in his selection meetings. The argument about them going over the cap is relevant but it cannot be understated they have some guns in the yellow red and black.

I promise Christofi didn’t pay me to make this post

Sorry for my absence but in the words of MJ (Michael Jordan) “I’m Back”. I can see EK (East keilor) making a push. They’ve splashed the cash and are always on top of the salary ladder but I see them with their new additions being a greater threat then Strathmore. Dumont will be found out whereas EK have some genuine stars that can put pressure on Mick in his selection meetings. The argument about them going over the cap is relevant but it cannot be understated they have some guns in the yellow red and black.

I promise Christofi didn’t pay me to make this post

Most clubs would be over cap I'm sure.

Points is EKs bigger problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back