EDFL Premier Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Mortlock you cannot hide behind the fact that he has been selected to play for Bulldogs VFL from Deer Park. That is a fact.
Mortlock the story of the Southern Blue Fin Tuna is one you should read. Things are often not as simple as they may appear.
60 point loss ... and you are shouting at clouds.

Taking nothing away from Greenvale who were the better team and won the match BUT the field umpires in today's match between Deer Park & Greenvale were clearly favoring Greenvale for the entire match. Not one two or three obvious free kicks but many more were either given to Greenvale incorrectly or not awarded to Deer Park when they should have been. A few mistakes here and there is acceptable but this is beyond ridiculous and it would be very very interesting to review the free kick count from today's match and then view the tape to see if there is anymore to what is going on. You cannot win a footy match when you are playing the opposition and the umpires. IT WAS VERY VERY BAD and that is being kind.
What was the free kick count in this match and how many scores did Greenvale score from free kicks?
Its easy to sit on the sidelines from your comfy chair and have a crack at umpires, umpires pay what they see, do you want them to guess? If they are so bad why dont you have a crack at umpiring a game and run the 10-12km they do in a game and see how you go

Impressive win from APW. After losing their first 7, they’ve won 3 out of their last 4. With their next 3 weeks being games against East Keilor, Doutta Stars and Avondale Heights. Looking a bit more positive.

Impressive win from APW. After losing their first 7, they’ve won 3 out of their last 4. With their next 3 weeks being games against East Keilor, Doutta Stars and Avondale Heights. Looking a bit more positive.
They keep the same squad with a few new recruits that make a difference they can push for finals in 2025 especially when injury free.

2024 was always going to be tough with a new coach and a new game plan and now theyre starting to execute it better now.

Its easy to sit on the sidelines from your comfy chair and have a crack at umpires, umpires pay what they see, do you want them to guess? If they are so bad why dont you have a crack at umpiring a game and run the 10-12km they do in a game and see how you go
I think they do guess some of the time and therein is the problem. Why is it that some are really good at their job and others are woeful?. Shouldn't the woeful ones get some training?. Do they get training each week or are they reviewed?

They keep the same squad with a few new recruits that make a difference they can push for finals in 2025 especially when injury free.

2024 was always going to be tough with a new coach and a new game plan and now theyre starting to execute it better now.
Yes. I liked the look of them when they played Deer Park. They have some very good players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very hard to see any scenario other than Greenvale making the 5th spot. They are three games clear of t DP, APW and EK. Only seven games to go, they would have to lose every game of these (every win would keep them ahead of the pack), and the chasing pack would need to win four (their percentage is pretty good as well). Also noting, out of those remaining 7 games the lower teams have to play the top four teams again.

I love the optimism but really????

Throw into the mix EDS that are only two games behind Greenvale.

I think they do guess some of the time and therein is the problem. Why is it that some are really good at their job and others are woeful?. Shouldn't the woeful ones get some training?. Do they get training each week or are they reviewed?
I assume they probably send the most experienced umpires to games that will have a baring on finals. Dead Rubbers get the left overs

They should be reviewed, but not enough umpire coaches to attend all games. Umpires are told if you dont see it dont pay it. What people can see from the sidelines might not be what the umpires see, they might have players obstructing the view, but if out of zone umpires see something they should call it. Umpire coaches will never really question umpire decisions, they will talk about being in the correct position to see the contest

Why don't you contribute something instead of whinging.
I’ve been on this forum a long time and contributed plenty you on the other have been here five minute and just complain (umpires, coaches boxes , canteens etc)and boast how good your club is and how your going to take the edfl by storm. So maybe **** off back to where you came from and stop posting shit.

Remove this Banner Ad

EDFL Premier Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back