EDFL Premier Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Genuine question here for the BF learned folk!

Thoughts on the introduction of a 23rd player for a select number of rounds per year?

Some guidelines could be
1. Must not have played more than 5 senior games prior to the season (anywhere)
2. Must be under 21
3. Max 4 rounds “ of 23rd player” (rds 4, 8, 12, 16)
4. Either Excluded from Salary Cap or additional $$ added to sal cap ( $400-500 total)

This would be a great development opportunity and something that May set us apart
Have other leagues tried it?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Thinking Curtis Taylor will get a call from Mick in the next little bit.

Thoughts on the introduction of a 23rd player for a select number of rounds per year?

Some guidelines could be
2. Must be under 21
4. Either Excluded from Salary Cap or additional $$ added to sal cap ( $400-500 total)

This would be a great development opportunity and something that May set us apart

No, it would just increase the gap between the big junior clubs and others even further. If anything the EDFL should reduce numbers back to 20 maybe 21. The gap in ability from player 15 is huge and by increasing the bench further only guarantees the smaller clubs will rarely challenge for finals.

Thinking Curtis Taylor will get a call from Mick in the next little bit.
He will get picked up on a rookie list or minimum play VFL. Too good and too young to play local footy even though he's a keilor boy

On SM-S928B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Some guidelines could be
2. Must be under 21

The WFNL do it and I think it works well, gives young fellas a taste of seniors, but also gives the club a chance to look at players who are doing well in their junior team

No, it would just increase the gap between the big junior clubs and others even further. If anything the EDFL should reduce numbers back to 20 maybe 21. The gap in ability from player 15 is huge and by increasing the bench further only guarantees the smaller clubs will rarely challenge for finals.

I proposed a limit to four games a year!! Not the entire season… please read it again!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

EDFL Premier Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back