EDFL Premier Division 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Looks as though Hardingham and Davis will be sitting out this year.

Hardingham big loss for Pacco, as not able to play or coach at this point.

Very disappointing for the players that Hird and company didn't take responsibility, and now all players have to wear the punishment 3-4 years later. Good one Hirdy, put yourself first again.

The lastest news floating around is that any ex Essendon player (named in the 34 players) that is playing local footy will most likely appeal on the basis of restricted income.
The current AFL players will sit out the season but will be compensated in some way.

I probably think players now out of the AFL system should be treated differently..

Interesting times ahead.,

The lastest news floating around is that any ex Essendon player (named in the 34 players) that is playing local footy will most likely appeal on the basis of restricted income.
The current AFL players will sit out the season but will be compensated in some way.

I probably think players now out of the AFL system should be treated differently..

This would be a very surprising result if true Turbo, if the CAS have to uphold the suspensions I can't see why within a day of being suspended there would be talk of letting them play? Particularly if the main argument is based around "restriction of income". After all they have been banned from playing football, they aren't banned from getting a job!

This would be a very surprising result if true Turbo, if the CAS have to uphold the suspensions I can't see why within a day of being suspended there would be talk of letting them play? Particularly if the main argument is based around "restriction of income". After all they have been banned from playing football, they aren't banned from getting a job!

They have said all players suspended will be fully paid so it will be interesting to see if players outside the AFL are going to be paid by Essendon. Even the EDFL are going to ask the AFL what this means to players in the EDFL.

I see Port Adel have said they will put claims on Essendon so it's going to get very messy..

They have said all players suspended will be fully paid so it will be interesting to see if players outside the AFL are going to be paid by Essendon. Even the EDFL are going to ask the AFL what this means to players in the EDFL.

I see Port Adel have said they will put claims on Essendon so it's going to get very messy..

Yes it could get very messy but as bad as it is for the players I just see no way of it being overturned. I imagine the EDFL will have many questions for the AFL but it's unlikely to matter as it is out of the AFL's control.

I think Port would be lucky to get anything out of Essendon, they knew the element of risk and chose to take that risk, BUYER BEWARE!
Essendon have received some significant punishment, they can't pay for everything!!!

Yes it could get very messy but as bad as it is for the players I just see no way of it being overturned. I imagine the EDFL will have many questions for the AFL but it's unlikely to matter as it is out of the AFL's control.

I think Port would be lucky to get anything out of Essendon, they knew the element of risk and chose to take that risk, BUYER BEWARE!
Essendon have received some significant punishment, they can't pay for everything!!!

sort of...

Port took monfries from essendon before all this happened and so therefore they could probably make a claim for essendon to pay for monfries salary this year

different for ryder as they knew what they were getting themselves into with him

I'm pretty sure that they can't be paid by their club while suspended, at least that has been the case elsewhere.

Sent from my SM-N915G using Tapatalk

I'm pretty sure that they can't be paid by their club while suspended, at least that has been the case elsewhere.

Hey BJ, I was following the case yesterday and it was mentioned many times the players have been suspended with full pay.
So I don't fully understand yet what that means for players no longer in the AFL system.

I see Riemers wasn't named in the 34 but from memory didn't he give a statement on his own and didn't tow the line like the other 34 players, and got exception. Essendon has really shafted these 34 players that listened to the Essendon hierarchy..

Hey BJ, I was following the case yesterday and it was mentioned many times the players have been suspended with full pay.
So I don't fully understand yet what that means for players no longer in the AFL system.

I see Riemers wasn't named in the 34 but from memory didn't he give a statement on his own and didn't tow the line like the other 34 players, and got exception. Essendon has really shafted these 34 players that listened to the Essendon hierarchy..
Kind of like how it was mentioned many times just how innocent they all were? ;)
I'm just highlighting the fact that players have previously been barred from being compensated by their club during the duration of their suspension.
It'll be interesting to see how it all plays out, you have to feel for Abers and Paco though having begun preseason with the expectation that certain people would be available to them, not only in an onfield capacity.

Hey Puff, I'm not sure who RG is?

I did get a bit annoyed with the runner during our game this year but that's all I've really said, regarding the said runner. But I've moved on from that now mate and acknowledge Abers were by far the best side throughout 2015. In fact one of the best metro sides I've seen. So well done!

But when you win a premiership for the first time in many years, make sure you acknowledge all people that were part of the success. I don't think PW will offer his services this coming season..

Thank god you acknowledge it Turbo because before then it was simply too close to call o_O

I am not sure if Essendon are allowed to pay the suspended players, If they are allowed to pay the they might only have to pay the 12 players that are at the club but not the rest . Most likely the 22 others will have to go thru the civil court system and sue Essendon in a class action . I have heard discussion's that this could cost Essendon tens of millions of dollars as the remaining 12 on the list will I think join in as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sets precedence for every player in local footy to be a drug cheat and get off because of restricted income?? Dont think this will hold up

I am not sure if Essendon are allowed to pay the suspended players, If they are allowed to pay the they might only have to pay the 12 players that are at the club but not the rest . Most likely the 22 others will have to go thru the civil court system and sue Essendon in a class action . I have heard discussion's that this could cost Essendon tens of millions of dollars as the remaining 12 on the list will I think join in as well.
The players should and l'm sure will sue Essendon over this debacle ...... Might be a good time to buy slater&gordon shares ..... time to blow the dust off those war bonds bombers

Sets precedence for every player in local footy to be a drug cheat and get off because of restricted income?? Dont think this will hold up

That's fair enough bull. But do you think the players are at fault or the coaching group as its not like one person chose to cheat the system.

Dont think the players are at fault at all, but as they say "ignorance is no excuse"
Don't agree they have no fault. That's the bullshit line peddled by players, AFLPA, Hird and Timmy Watson. What about the forms ( 30 I think ) where not one of them divulged that they were taking these supplements?

Having said that probably shouldn't let this forum get bogged down on this issue. 200 plus pages on the main board since Tuesday for that.

Last edited:
Can anyone from Abers confirm that they have signed former North Melbourne listed player Ben Mabon from the SANFL? Will be their ruckman in 2016.

Remove this Banner Ad

EDFL Premier Division 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Back